In state kids?

Section_316

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any opinions on Connor Millikan of Platteview?  Watched him a few teams this year.  Hell of a lot of fun to watch. 

I think the main question I have are if he is generating so many points because he is just more athletic than everyone at this level(and would not be in higher levels).  His shot also a little bit broken from distance imo.  Perhaps that could be fixed. 

Anyway the Scheierman talk has me wondering if this is correct that we have had no discussion about this kid or not. Incredible high school scorer of the basketball.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Ha, yeah.  Until, that is, one of them goes elsewhere and blows up . . . and then the coaching staff looks stupid.

I'm not saying there aren't any sleepers, maybe there are. But right now, the 2023 and 2024 classes are huge drop-offs from what we've been seeing. Dotzler might be the only high-major recruit in either class, and he's borderline.

19 hours ago, Red Don said:

Just for what its worth,

We are now in the "coach realizes he has made the same mistake as every other basketball coach at Nebraska, way too late to save his job" phase of the Hoiberg era.

Expect to sign a bevy of local kids with promise this next cycle, just in time to fire up the "The Next Husker Coach" threads on HHC.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

This guy has really made the rounds

Good for him. One year at Memphis, three at SDSU where his playing time had diminished substantially from his sophomore year. I can see where he might want to go some place where he'll get lots of minutes during his final year of college ball.

Just now, busticket said:

I haven’t heard much about Jaden Jackson.  Anyone have any insight?  

Just based off his Hudl video and comparing him to other in-state kids we apparently are interested in, he appears to be the best of the bunch IMO. Good athlete, can create off the dribble and has a nice stroke from beyond the arc.

55 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

Just based off his Hudl video and comparing him to other in-state kids we apparently are interested in, he appears to be the best of the bunch IMO. Good athlete, can create off the dribble and has a nice stroke from beyond the arc.

Thanks.  Since Wisconsin and Creighton got the last two good Bellevue West guards, it’d be nice if we got the next P5 caliber one.  I am glad we are laying the groundwork with him.

28 minutes ago, busticket said:

Thanks.  Since Wisconsin and Creighton got the last two good Bellevue West guards, it’d be nice if we got the next P5 caliber one.  I am glad we are laying the groundwork with him.

The only issue is his height for a guard at 6' 1". Would need him to have a growth spurt unless he's running PG. 

3 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

The only issue is his height for a guard at 6' 1". Would need him to have a growth spurt unless he's running PG. 

Agree, really good shooter but limited size for a 2 guard and have not seen him run the point much so not sure how that transition will go.

Surprised Creighton offer Dotzler, good player but did not see him at that level