In state kids?

Section_316

• 2 weeks later...

A few observations from the state tournament yesterday:

I like Josiah Dotzler a lot. Really smooth, smart player and pretty quick. Has an offer from Drake, I think he'll pick up more during the summer. 

Jungers from Prep is a UNO commit, but I wasn't that impressed. Good high school player, but I wonder what will happen when they hire a new coach.

Hard pass on Tate Odvody of Westside.

Jasen Green is good. Ugh.

Devries from Drake was watching Cale Jacobsen of Ashland-Greenwood. I think he was out last year and got way behind in his recruiting, so pretty impressive that Drake is looking at him.

Didn't get to see Jayden Dawson of Central. (Loyola commit)

42 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I like Josiah Dotzler a lot. Really smooth, smart player and pretty quick. Has an offer from Drake, I think he'll pick up more during the summer. 

Jungers from Prep is a UNO commit, but I wasn't that impressed. Good high school player, but I wonder what will happen when they hire a new coach.

Devries from Drake was watching Cale Jacobsen of Ashland-Greenwood. I think he was out last year and got way behind in his recruiting, so pretty impressive that Drake is looking at him.

Saw Green's stat line from yesterday. Goodness. 

16 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

The Gretna v Central game was a fun one.  Gretna's guards are very good and young. (not really D-1 type of bodies though) Green is very athletic but will have to work a lot harder on D to see the floor at Creighton.  (same thing you can say about 90% of D-1 Frosh)

Noticed that as well. He was getting beat off the dribble quite a bit. But he also has a natural gift for timing blocks.

5 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Agree on Dotzler and I don’t think his teammate Kyle gets nearly enough love. He will be good at SDS.

I disagree on Junger, definitely needs more strength but has good skill for UNO.

Green has skill and although I don’t see him as a big star he will be a nice role player and will embrace that I think. Wanted him at NU. 

Think Dawson is legit, thought he might get a little higher level offer but who knows.

Great year for Nebraska HS talent again

5 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Ok.... So... I'm glad to see someone else bring up this kid's name. I didn't want to be the guy. But I do not see what people are not seeing.

Is it the injury last year? He's nearly fully recovered, doesn't wear any brace, moves with complete confidence.
Is it stats? If you watch one game you can clearly see that he could (and does) take over whenever he wants to. He's highly unselfish and is more interested in distributing the ball. He doesn't hesitate every to kick or just reverse to open men. But when he wants to get to the hoop he does it at will.

Is it the "athleticism?" He dunks easily. Finishes at the rim all the time in the half-court. More than you can say for some current Husker players.

3-Point Shooting? See the stats. He doesn't care about getting his. If you watch him in pre-game he absolutely splashes, and makes free throws easily. The shot is more than there if he wants it. 

To me - you can't have 3-4 Cale Jacobsen's in your rotation. But you can absolutely have 1-2, and we haven't had a player like Cale in years. To me he's a true 4 year point guard. 

21 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Ok.... So... I'm glad to see someone else bring up this kid's name. I didn't want to be the guy. But I do not see what people are not seeing.

Is it the injury last year? He's nearly fully recovered, doesn't wear any brace, moves with complete confidence.
Is it stats? If you watch one game you can clearly see that he could (and does) take over whenever he wants to. He's highly unselfish and is more interested in distributing the ball. He doesn't hesitate every to kick or just reverse to open men. But when he wants to get to the hoop he does it at will.

Is it the "athleticism?" He dunks easily. Finishes at the rim all the time in the half-court. More than you can say for some current Husker players.

3-Point Shooting? See the stats. He doesn't care about getting his. If you watch him in pre-game he absolutely splashes, and makes free throws easily. The shot is more than there if he wants it. 

To me - you can't have 3-4 Cale Jacobsen's in your rotation. But you can absolutely have 1-2, and we haven't had a player like Cale in years. To me he's a true 4 year point guard. 

Good call, kid just dropped 43 to set a record

On 3/9/2022 at 3:24 PM, basketballjones said:

A husker coach was there today watching 😁

29 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

@hhcmattis there any chance we could do in state threads like:

“2020 In State Kids”

”2023 In State Kids”

This thread is from 2014 😬 

Just a thought, thanks big dawg. 

Deverell Biggs on the first page. You want to lose that piece of history? 

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

@hhcmattis there any chance we could do in state threads like:

“2020 In State Kids”

”2023 In State Kids”

This thread is from 2014 😬 

Just a thought, thanks big dawg. 

Just think of this at the Akoy Agau of HHC threads

• 2 weeks later...