In state kids?

Section_316

5 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Power 5 coaches and national recruiting analysts have seen him play numerous times over the past 2 years. It’s almost April and his only committable offers are from mid-major schools, and he’s not ranked by any recruiting websites. If he were from any other state we would never have heard of him. I don’t think Fred and Matt are gonna offer a kid just because he’s from Nebraska.

Per 24/7 sports he has offers from Mississippi St., TCU, VCU, Virginia Tech and UCSB.

15 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Per Washut, none of the power 5 offers are committable. 

Just going by what I see and enjoy the back and forth. He is a shooter and NU needs shooters and think he has ability to to defend at a serviceable level. I don't know his mindset and how hard he is willing to work to make himself better on both ends of the court. That is $64,000 question.

On 3/23/2021 at 10:48 AM, uneblinstu said:

I believe Khyri Thomas did have grade issues (or something) and NU stayed away because of that (at least that's how it was told to me) and then when it turns out he was able to qualify and he was off to Creighton, they knew they'd missed the boat on that one, because they knew he was super talented and would have fit what they wanted to do pretty well. 

Saint Thomas may not have one thing that rises to the top, but if he does a lot of things pretty well, there's a place for that. 

That’s accurate. One staff member at the time told me emphatically there was no way he’d qualify and would be going JUCO. They obviously did not do enough homework on that one

40 minutes ago, Jugular said:

That’s accurate. One staff member at the time told me emphatically there was no way he’d qualify and would be going JUCO. They obviously did not do enough homework on that one

Was that before or after he went to a Prep School?

IIRC, didn't we (Miles) get shot down (badly) when we suggested the prep school route for Aguek Arop?   IIRC, that was a PR disaster.  Everybody and I mean everybody, (Chubick may have been among worst) was all up in arms about how poorly we treated. Aguek and his family.  :Confused:

21 minutes ago, Red Don said:

IIRC, didn't we (Miles) get shot down (badly) when we suggested the prep school route for Aguek Arop?   IIRC, that was a PR disaster.  Everybody and I mean everybody, (Chubick may have been among worst) was all up in arms about how poorly we treated. Aguek and his family.  :Confused:

The issue was that he had already signed a LOI

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 9:07 AM, Art Vandalay said:

That school is really hitting Nebraska hard, think they have 2-3 Nebraska kids in football to. 

Reason why NIU is recruiting the state so much is one of their assistants, Dan Jackson use to coach at Omaha Burke and when he was at SDSU the past several years he was their main Nebraska recruiter.

Hansen's done a good job of putting together rosters, but I don't think he's a great coach. They've been 200+ in KenPom 3 of the last 4 years, while other Summit teams seem to be able to do a lot better, and some with Nebraska players. His teams have been horrible on defense, 250+ for the last 5 years, and they're undisciplined on offense.

On the other hand, Omaha doesn't have the money to go looking for a new coach ...

4 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Hansen's done a good job of putting together rosters, but I don't think he's a great coach. They've been 200+ in KenPom 3 of the last 4 years, while other Summit teams seem to be able to do a lot better, and some with Nebraska players. His teams have been horrible on defense, 250+ for the last 5 years, and they're undisciplined on offense.

On the other hand, Omaha doesn't have the money to go looking for a new coach ...

I've heard UNO is the only school in their conference that doesn't do "full cost of attendance".  That has to really hurt them in recruiting and is something Trev needs to get figured out.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...