In state kids?

Section_316

14 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Is this what this board has degenerated to???  People speaking positively of former Creighton players???

Although I'm sure your description of Latrell Wrightsell Sr. is correct; from what I remember he was no Grant Gibbs.  And he did play in the single greatest college basketball game of all time.

image.png

I hate that school as much as anyone but they had some good dudes on that team. Plautz and D Cole are really good guys.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 3:52 PM, millerhusker said:

I don't see it with Saint. He'll be a pretty good mid-major player. He'd be a below average ball-handler at the high major level. Would struggle to get by people with his lack of explosiveness and quickness. He's a less athletic Nana Akenten (who was an elite three point shooter in high school), in my opinion. 

I'd like to see St. Cyr Thomas play for the Omaha Mavs. It might serve him well to be in the Summit League.

14 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

I'd like to see St. Cyr Thomas play for the Omaha Mavs. It might serve him well to be in the Summit League.

I wonder with Kobe coming back and the the unlikely hood that sit out transfers are a thing this year if the staff would give him a look if he’s willing to redshirt or sit for a year without the likely hood of minutes. Has the size and skills to be a contributor down the line IMO

48 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I wonder with Kobe coming back and the the unlikely hood that sit out transfers are a thing this year if the staff would give him a look if he’s willing to redshirt or sit for a year without the likely hood of minutes. Has the size and skills to be a contributor down the line IMO

I think he is more of a Summit League caliber player than a Big Ten caliber player

1 hour ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

The biggest problem is that you are going to be hard pressed to find anyone willing to sit out and redshirt for their own benefit.  It's just not really a thing these days.  I'm trying to think of all of our redshirts of the past 5-10 years and most of them were either forced via medical or transfer rules.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

The biggest problem is that you are going to be hard pressed to find anyone willing to sit out and redshirt for their own benefit.  It's just not really a thing these days.  I'm trying to think of all of our redshirts of the past 5-10 years and most of them were either forced via medical or transfer rules.

Agreed my point more being if sit out transfers aren’t a thing then it’s pointless to give the scholarships out even if the guys we get aren’t of the understanding they might not play year one. 

18 hours ago, royalfan said:

In the 5 or 6 times I have seen Saint Thomas, he looked good to me.  I don't see the lack of athletic ability some others describe.  

Power 5 coaches and national recruiting analysts have seen him play numerous times over the past 2 years. It’s almost April and his only committable offers are from mid-major schools, and he’s not ranked by any recruiting websites. If he were from any other state we would never have heard of him. I don’t think Fred and Matt are gonna offer a kid just because he’s from Nebraska.

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

Power 5 coaches and national recruiting analysts have seen him play numerous times over the past 2 years. It’s almost April and his only committable offers are from mid-major schools, and he’s not ranked by any recruiting websites. If he were from any other state we would never have heard of him. I don’t think Fred and Matt are gonna offer a kid just because he’s from Nebraska.

He’s the 232nd ranked player on the 247 composite which was just updated the end of January. He’s also the 51st ranked SF on 247 in general. Mid major talent does improve with high level coaching as well. 

How does Saint Thomas compare to Khyri Thomas or Shereef Mitchell? Neither had high major recruiting profiles or offers. CU offered both late in the process and reaped the benefits. I know NU always regretted not getting on Thomas. With 4 spots to fill, if NU thinks he can be as good as one of those guys, they should take that shot, IMO.

I believe Khyri Thomas did have grade issues (or something) and NU stayed away because of that (at least that's how it was told to me) and then when it turns out he was able to qualify and he was off to Creighton, they knew they'd missed the boat on that one, because they knew he was super talented and would have fit what they wanted to do pretty well. 

Saint Thomas may not have one thing that rises to the top, but if he does a lot of things pretty well, there's a place for that. 

Edited by uneblinstu

https://nebpreps.com/millard-norths-saint-thomas-has-plenty-of-suitors-ahead-of-commitment-date/

Looks like we've been talking to Saint.

To me we have a lot of mouths to feed and only 5 guys can play. Feels like with 1-2 of these schollies you take a guy like Saint if you think he can play in 2 year or else you roll them over to 2022. Looks like Murray St might be the destination.

BTW Nebpreps.com is a good way to keep on top of what is going on in the state.

5 hours ago, millerhusker said:

This is their opinion.  I gave mine.