In state kids?

Section_316

On 7/7/2020 at 7:49 AM, hhcmatt said:

Gonna be a stud. He was named a top 20 player at Chris Paul’s rising stars camp last summer. Very mature and well-spoken kid (and he loves the Huskers). 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Seems like it would be a natural fit for him to go to Minneapolis:

I really want this to happen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/10/2018 at 1:35 PM, Huskerpapa said:

I no

I brought up Carter Kingsbury last year.  This kid will play Division I basketball.  Although he is a Nebraska kid, I am not certain we have much of a hold on him.  The young man can shoot the ball.

Carter Kingsbury is playing a prep year at Brewster Academy.  Looks like he has an offer from American.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Bad news for Mike, the future of the Omaha World Herald and our ability to get news from in state kids.

Big loss. Not many grind more than Mike.  Felt like the OWH hired him in the first place because they couldn't compete with his prep reporting.  He's been writing and doing interviews for nearly 4 years for the biggest newspaper in Nebraska so the combination of skill building and exposure coupled with his work ethic should give him options in this field if he wants to remain in it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2018 at 7:12 PM, Jacob Padilla said:

Junub is going to the Skill Factory prep school in Atlanta next season. Same place most of the Sudanese hoopers in Nebraska/Omaha are being funneled. Wanjang Tut went there and was an academic redshirt at UNO this past season. Esahia Nyiwe from Omaha Northwest went there this past year and is now going to juco anyway at Iowa Western. Aguek Arop and Aguir Agau both went there as well, but Aguek especially had no academic problems like Wan and Esahia did.

St Johns just signed Esahia Nyiwe - 6'10" center - This was the only mention I found of him on the entire board.

He had enrolled at Texas Tech but they recruited over him.

Started at Iowa Western CC and spent last year at Clarendon CC