In state kids?

Section_316

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Rumor has it that Teddy Allen may be getting some Nebrasketball interest. 

Allen has D-1 experience and while his 3pt shooting at WV was bad, his FT shooting was good and it's probable he's at least serviceable from long range

We probably need to add another post player which would fill us up.

Thus we would likely need to lose someone else either currently on the team or committed to the team.

Who on the team do we want to lose for a SF with two years left and a checkered past?

8 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Rumor has it that Teddy Allen may be getting some Nebrasketball interest. 

Looked at his stats. He's balling in JUCO. His style of play fits what Fred wants out of a 4. I'm just weary about if he's worth the trouble. This wouldn't be Fred's first time taking in a JUCO case like him though (Kane and Royce White). If he ends up here, I'm all for it if they can keep him in check. Which I have faith in

Edited by thrasher31

On 11/22/2019 at 3:27 PM, thrasher31 said:

Looked at his stats. He's balling in JUCO. His style of play fits what Fred wants out of a 4. I'm just weary about if he's worth the trouble. This wouldn't be Fred's first time taking in a JUCO case like him though (Kane and Royce White). If he ends up here, I'm all for it if they can keep him in check. Which I have faith in

Agree with all of that, but Kane and White weren’t JUCO players. Kane grad transferred from Marshall and White transferred from Minnesota.

Edited by millerhusker

Just watched the first half of a WNCC game. Teddy had 17 points in the first 9 minutes of the game. He plays point guard quite a bit for them. Initiates the offense but is still their primary scorer (stepped right into Jervay’s role). Got T’d up for chirping at an opposing player. Was constantly flexing at the crowd, mocking the other team’s bench and complaining to the refs. He probably should’ve been T’d up 3 times in the first ten minutes.

All that said, he is very talented and would instantly be a weapon and upgrade our offense (and he’s made 49 of 57 free throws this year). And he played for Bob Huggins, so you know he at least understands how to defend. 

10 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Just watched the first half of a WNCC game. Teddy had 17 points in the first 9 minutes of the game. He plays point guard quite a bit for them. Initiates the offense but is still their primary scorer (stepped right into Jervay’s role). Got T’d up for chirping at an opposing player. Was constantly flexing at the crowd, mocking the other team’s bench and complaining to the refs. He probably should’ve been T’d up 3 times in the first ten minutes.

All that said, he is very talented and would instantly be a weapon and upgrade our offense (and he’s made 49 of 57 free throws this year). And he played for Bob Huggins, so you know he at least understands how to defend. 

So you are saying he’s like a bigger version of Cam Mack out there?

OT: Anybody know what happened to Logan Strom from Norfolk?

Last I heard, he had transfered from UC Davis to UNO and was sitting out last year per transfer rules. I went to a UNO game expecting to see him play. When I didnt, I checked online and hes not even listed on the roster.

11 hours ago, khoock said:

Last I heard, he had transfered from UC Davis to UNO and was sitting out last year per transfer rules. I went to a UNO game expecting to see him play. When I didnt, I checked online and hes not even listed on the roster.

I saw him at a relatives funeral, and at that time I was under the impression he was still with Omaha.  But I too noted he wasn't on the current roster, I will have to ask today.

13 hours ago, khoock said:

He is still going to UNO but is "focusing on academics".  Hopefully he gets things straightened out.