In state kids?

Section_316

On 2/19/2019 at 2:09 PM, thrasher31 said:

Lok Wur blowing up with offers after he finally qualified to get into D-1 and decommitted from the JUCO he had signed at

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/lok-wur

Where the heck did Loc Wur come from?  Second team all-State getting this kind of interest?!

Here’s a report in this thread from January 23 of this year: 

RE Lök Wur, he can score a little bit in the post and has a soft touch, but his slight frame makes it tough for him to anchor in the post and finish through contact. For instance, he struggled mightily against Shiloh Robinson from Kearney. He'll probably be a JUCO kid.”

How does he escape all-three in-State Division I schools?  And there are some scholarships yet to be filled in Omaha.

is this a case of schools trying to fill holes at the end of the recruiting season?  Or has he progressed dramatically in the last few weeks or months?

Edited by Swan88

1 hour ago, Swan88 said:

Where the heck did Loc Wur come from?  Second team all-State getting this kind of interest?!

RE Lök Wur, he can score a little bit in the post and has a soft touch, but his slight frame makes it tough for him to anchor in the post and finish through contact. For instance, he struggled mightily against Shiloh Robinson from Kearney. He'll probably be a JUCO kid.”

How does he escape all-three in-State Division I schools?  And there are some scholarships yet to be filled in Omaha.

is this a case of schools trying to fill holes at the end of the recruiting season?  Or has he progressed dramatically in the last few weeks or months?

Certainly not a bad player but I'm also surprised at these offers. Must be looking at his potential.

10 hours ago, Swan88 said:

As of late January, he was averaging over 60% from three point range (91/150).

59 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

As of late January, he was averaging over 60% from three point range (91/150).

A 6’9”  kid that can drill threes would be attractive, especially with what our offense is about.  But who out of our 2019 class would you dump for this kid? I don’t think anybody.  To me he would have fell through the cracks due to the numbers game even if we knew he would be eligible.

Surprised Creighton and Omaha aren’t all over him.    

41 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

If we read the same OWH article, it said Wur was 91/150 from INSIDE the 3-point arc. According to MaxPreps, he was 27% (23/86) from beyond the arc on the season. 

I didn't follow the link, but I was reading something on SB Nation for Rutgers that said, "This article from Omaha.com in late January stated Wur was shooting 61% from three-point range (91-150) at the time."

So, I'm happy to report my reading comprehension skills appear OK, but someone at SB Nation might not be able to say the same thing.

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

If we read the same OWH article, it said Wur was 91/150 from INSIDE the 3-point arc. According to MaxPreps, he was 27% (23/86) from beyond the arc on the season. 

That sure changes things!  Makes me wonder why KU was kicking the tires if that is the case.  Are they actually having trouble filling their roster?

7 minutes ago, busticket said:

That sure changes things!  Makes me wonder why KU was kicking the tires if that is the case.  Are they actually having trouble filling their roster?

I’d be pretty shocked if KU actually offered, although they have missed out on a ton of recruits this cycle, which is rare for them. I thought Ed Chang, with similar measurables, was a better prospect. Chang barely saw the floor at San Diego State last year before putting his name in the portal. 

9 hours ago, millerhusker said:

I’d be pretty shocked if KU actually offered, although they have missed out on a ton of recruits this cycle, which is rare for them. I thought Ed Chang, with similar measurables, was a better prospect. Chang barely saw the floor at San Diego State last year before putting his name in the portal. 

Maybe Kansas is not offering $ this recruiting cycle due to their FBI situation.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:28 PM, basketballjones said:

He has pretty unlimited potential. Skilled for his size and all the moving parts are there. Just going to be a matter of time, want-to, and work for him to succeed. Fwiw, I’ve worked with a lot of kids like Lok. They’re almost always late bloomers. 

Okay, I finally did my due diligence and watched his senior film on YouTube.  And then I proceeded to change my shorts.  I need a cigarette after that one......

I REALLY wish we had room to go after him.  His skills are insane.  He handles like a guard and dunks like it ain’t nothing but a thing.  The only thing lacking is some consistency on the 3 ball but the potential is there.  Creighton might be getting a huge steal here.  Like Kevin Cross wing edition.  Go watch it....one of the best highlight films I have ever seen.