In state kids?

Section_316

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

If we're banking on these guys being the best players on the team? Probably not. 

Maybe one (or more or none) could be B1G first team/future NBA players but I don't think we can bank on it. I do think these guys are more likely to stick around if we end up recruiting over them. If one values roster stability this should help.

It also helps that this appears to be the most talented crop of kids to come out of the state since the early to mid 90's. Williams is a top 150 kid already, or close to it. Hepburn will be. Sallis has the potential to be an excellent player. We haven't seen a ton of talent come through the state like that in the past 15 years. There's been some, but not at this quantity and the best ones have ended up in blue. Time will tell if they can live up to that, but there haven't been a ton of top ranked players within the borders for a while.

Coach Lewis stopped in to see several in-state players work out at their schools:

He saw 4 guys with NU offers - Arop, Hepburn, Sallis & Williams (VC)

At the same workout with Sallis were 2020 forward Max Murrell (UMKC offer so far) and 2022 forward Jasen Green

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/nebraska-and-uno-coaches-have-been-busy-visiting-in-state/article_3be0482b-5cfd-54f5-8c3e-657dc3ffe65c.html

40 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Any HS team in this state with 3 future D-1 players on it should run away with the state title.

Of course, I said the same thing about the Kissinger girls from Minden and they promptly lost to, like, Holdrege or something.

They should but it does not always happen as you know.  You can't predict or always control team chemistry.  The talent is young talent right now and that can make a difference. Lincoln Pius will have a very good team of experience Seniors and could be number one but could also play class B this year.  I think they have to declare soon if they will play opt up to class A.

37 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

We don't have enough scholarships for all of them...correct?

On 9/13/2018 at 9:39 AM, Navin R. Johnson said:

They should but it does not always happen as you know.  You can't predict or always control team chemistry.  The talent is young talent right now and that can make a difference. Lincoln Pius will have a very good team of experience Seniors and could be number one but could also play class B this year.  I think they have to declare soon if they will play opt up to class A.

Pius is solid but I think Bellevue West looks like the preseason No. 1 team. Omaha Central will push them as well, but they lost a couple kids to late transfers which hurts their depth.

Millard North should have been good last year but went .500 for whatever reason. It looks like they have three D-I players now, but all three are perceived that way for their upside more than what they're capable of doing right now. it will be interesting to see how that team comes together.

12 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Pius is solid but I think Bellevue West looks like the preseason No. 1 team. Omaha Central will push them as well, but they lost a couple kids to late transfers which hurts their depth.

Millard North should have been good last year but went .500 for whatever reason. It looks like they have three D-I players now, but all three are perceived that way for their upside more than what they're capable of doing right now. it will be interesting to see how that team comes together.

I think Pius is not opting up to A and will be in class B this year.