In state kids?

Section_316

On 4/7/2017 at 7:42 PM, hskr4life said:

I saw that Jason Dourisseau made a tweet (looks like it has been deleted) wondering why Wingett was going here and "not going to a real prep school".  Just by all his camp stuff I would be under the impression that JD would at least know through the guys he works with about the level of quality of some of these schools.  It should probably help either way to build up his strength and a higher level of competition.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Final ratings on class of 2017:

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/nebraska-prep-boys-basketball-final-recruiting-rankings/article_52d589fc-239f-11e7-8c93-bb0d69eccea1.html

Pretty good class, with two guys going to preseason top 10 teams. 

1. Teddy Allen > W.Va

2. Aguek Arop > reclassifying

3. Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler > Wichita

4. David Wingett > reclassifying 

5. Ayo Akinwole> UNO

6. Logan Strom > Cal Davis

Justin Costello is 9. 

Do not know about top ten but there are a bunch of really good players coming back. These would be a good start I think

Ed Chang

Shareef Mitchell at Burke

Arop at Prep

Whitlow from Lincoln NE

Brady Heiman Plattview

Koster and Shilow Robinson Kearney

Javen Udofia at O Bryan

Roman Behrans at Central

Farrini at M North

Tyrell Carroll Millard South

Edited by Art Vandalay

3 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

Do not know about top ten but there are a bunch of really good players coming back. These would be a good start I think

Ed Chang

Shareef Mitchell at Burke

Arop at Prep

Whitlow from Lincoln NE

Brady Heiman Plattview

Koster and Shilow Robinson Kearney

Javen Udofia at O Bryan

Roman Behrans at Central

Farrini at M North

I think I could come up with some good nicknames for that crew.

Ed "Bangarang" Chang

Roman "Numeral" Behrens

Tyrrel "Cheryl" Carrol

Brady "Buster" Heiman 

6 minutes ago, khoock said:

Anybody have any inside info Heiman? We'll be in need of a another center next year and he has been drawing P5 interest.

I don't think we've offered. We're in a tough spot with a potential lame duck coach. Miles is still recruiting, but it's hard to see where we'd have much luck unless it's a situation like Allen's where he knows guys on the team.

28 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I don't think we've offered. We're in a tough spot with a potential lame duck coach. Miles is still recruiting, but it's hard to see where we'd have much luck unless it's a situation like Allen's where he knows guys on the team.

Correct. I believe all the offers hes recieved are from low to mid D1 programs. I know hes gotten interest from us, Creighton, Minnesota, and Iowa. Just wasnt sure the level of interest that we have.

13 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

Ed Chang     Will continue to get big offers

Shareef Mitchell at Burke     He's really coming on, but offers will be limited by his size. 

Arop at Prep            Will get some good offers

Whitlow from Lincoln NE

Brady Heiman Plattview    Will get good offers

Koster and Shilow Robinson Kearney     Koster seems like a natural for the Summit

Javen Udofia at O Bryan

Roman Behrans at Central      Low majors, limited physically

Farrini at M North                    Good scorer, Summit

This is just repeating what I hear. Who would I offer right now? Chang (done) and Heiman.  

10 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Part of Allen coming here was knowing some of the guys. However I'd put more weight to his relationship with Hunter and the opportunity for playing time.

Maybe Heiman takes off before he gets to college but right now it seems more like a questions of whether or not he's going to be a Power 5 center vs whether we can land him.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Another player to keep an eye on is Sam Griesel of Lincoln East. He is getting DII offers but he has a lot of potential. Good on the drive and a solid shooter. 

Not sure Navin.  Granted I have only seen him play a half dozen times, but I just don't think he is a Big Ten player...perhaps as a walk on...but that is it.  Just my humble opinion.

40 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Not sure Navin.  Granted I have only seen him play a half dozen times, but I just don't think he is a Big Ten player...perhaps as a walk on...but that is it.  Just my humble opinion.

No, I don't think he is there yet but the improvement in his game and athleticism makes him a sleeper to me with a high ceiling. Just one to keep your eye on if the improvement and physical maturity continues.