In state kids?

Section_316

This is interesting:

Evan Flood ‏@Evan_Flood  5h

Nebraska head coach Tim Miles watching @OmahaEliteAAU 2017 PF Logan Strom. @ny2lasports #Huskers

Seems like he would have been watching several other Elites ahead of Strom. Not sure we need another 6-7 guy to play the 4.

Perhaps Miles was there watching Poor Bear-Chandler...

Ah, the old tell the reporter you're watching one guy when you're watching another trick! 

Char imo is the guy we should all be going crazy for. I think he is 2018 but I definitely think besides Chang, that he is the next Omaha kid that we want to join us down in Lincoln. I mean watching his Hudl, looks like something I'd see on a Top 100 guy.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4882307/5721de6a9a90ec5540a825f8

Char imo is the guy we should all be going crazy for. I think he is 2018 but I definitely think besides Chang, that he is the next Omaha kid that we want to join us down in Lincoln. I mean watching his Hudl, looks like something I'd see on a Top 100 guy.

He certainly fits the combo guard type of play that we look for

He certainly fits the combo guard type of play that we look for

He is very talented but has a lot of things to work on to play in college

Holy crap!  Why hadn't I heard of this kid before???

That's really impressive freshman and sophomore mix tape.  I would tweak some things on his jumper.  He gets that left elbow winging out there a bit too much, which is going to affect his balance.  But all in all, that's a kid with some talent and athleticism in the same package.

Great ball skills.  Seems to have the knack for that kiss off the glass that kids either seem to have or not have.  He has it.  Would like to see more what he can do in the mid-level off the dribble, like dribble to the elbow jumpers.  Would also like to see more of what he can do in the passing department.

But from an athlete standpoint and his ball handling, he's clearly upper D-1 material assuming he continues to develop.

Thanks for that link, Noah.

Holy crap! Why hadn't I heard of this kid before???

That's really impressive freshman and sophomore mix tape. I would tweak some things on his jumper. He gets that left elbow winging out there a bit too much, which is going to affect his balance. But all in all, that's a kid with some talent and athleticism in the same package.

Great ball skills. Seems to have the knack for that kiss off the glass that kids either seem to have or not have. He has it. Would like to see more what he can do in the mid-level off the dribble, like dribble to the elbow jumpers. Would also like to see more of what he can do in the passing department.

But from an athlete standpoint and his ball handling, he's clearly upper D-1 material assuming he continues to develop.

Thanks for that link, Noah.

Like Art said, he has some issues. I believe he was relegated to JV ball last year.

The game that I saw him play in last year, which was towards the end of the year, he was not that impressive. It was only 1 game obviously, but he has some things to work on. In the game that I saw, he was 3-11 on field goals, 0-2 on 3's, 2-4 on free throws, 0 assists, 0 steals, 4 turnovers, 4 rebounds, and 3 blocks. Pretty athletic, but not someone that I would say is a must offer at this point in time.

The game that I saw him play in last year, which was towards the end of the year, he was not that impressive. It was only 1 game obviously, but he has some things to work on. In the game that I saw, he was 3-11 on field goals, 0-2 on 3's, 2-4 on free throws, 0 assists, 0 steals, 4 turnovers, 4 rebounds, and 3 blocks. Pretty athletic, but not someone that I would say is a must offer at this point in time.

Let's see what he does this year.  This summer, too.  But also does it carry over to fall and does he become the best player on a good team?  Does he take over games?  Can he make his teammates better? 

His physical package is really, very good.  He's 6'3" which is good length for a point guard and he's decently athletic, looking at his film.  He has good ball skills.  Can't tell about his passing very much.  Shooting looks good when it goes in in the videos but season and game stats apparently tell a different and important story. 

I'm guessing TOs are high because he tries to maybe do too much off the dribble and I'm guessing he likes attempting highlight reel passes (or passes that would be highlight reel if the worked).  There's a learning curve for that stuff.

Again, let's see what he does the rest of this summer and this coming season.  Definitely a guy to keep an eye on.  Could blow up if he takes care of some of those issues and develops a more consistent perimeter jumper.

I'll repeat what I said earlier: he was one of the best players in Omaha last weekend, and he was a year younger than the others. I know he didn't do much at Burke last year, but sometimes team dynamics don't allow a younger kid to thrive. He's good.

Also, Chandler has picked up offers from Bowling Green and Southern Illinois. Moving up a bit.

UNO has Mitchell Hahn available this year too after sitting out a transfer year. So a 2017-18 starting lineup of Ayo, Teddy Allen, Hahn, Thurman and Chandler? Whoa. I still think Allen and Chandler will get some higher offers, but we've only got about 2 more weeks in the evaluation period. 

Maybe it's been mentioned already, but the Mavs have also offered Brady Heiman. Hansen's going all-in on the local kids. Fun to watch and see how it turns out.

Thanks.  I like that coach Hansen is going after Nebraska kids this cycle.  We have an abundance of kids who look like they are at least mid major quality right now.  Deepest crop I can remember the last 20+ years.  I honestly can't remember a year where you could make a reasonable argument for roughly 10 kids being D1 caliber.

Don't sleep on the Koster kid from Kearney.  He will be getting some D1 looks if last week was any indication of how muchhe has improved.  I have heard from 2 people that officiated Mr. Basketball last week that he averaged over 35 a game playing with his high school team. I guess Kearney beat a pretty good team from Missouri for the championship and Koster Played lights out.  Not sure if he is still growing or if he is gonna be a 6'2" or 6'3" tweaner.