In state kids?

Section_316

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, 49r said:

This is very good news.

Yes.  Now clean up the game.  Fouls should be fouls, especially at this level.  The low scoring games this year cannot be credited to good offense or defense.  Rather it was due to thuggery basketball, that again, has no place in this beautiful game.

Edited by Huskerpapa

26 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yes.  Now clean up the game.  Fouls should be fouls, especially at this level.  The low scoring games this year cannot be credited to good offense or defense.  Rather it was due to thuggery basketball, that again, has no place in this beautiful game.

It used to be the higher level you went the more physical the game became. Now it is essentially the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 3:42 PM, Huskerpapa said:

Anybody know much about a kid named Justin Bolis?  He played at Lincoln High and is now at SECC.  I believe he is in the 6'7" - 6'8" range and has springs for legs.  A buddy said he is having a good freshman season in JUCO.  could he be a Josiah type player for us?

I wonder if you're on to something

38 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Hmm.

averaged 9/6 his senior yr at Lincoln High

averaged 14.8/8.5 first year in juco. also averaged a little more than 1 block and 1 assist per game. Interesting  that he only had 30 fouls in 24 games. 

Edited by imnothipp

On 3/4/2024 at 3:42 PM, Huskerpapa said:

Anybody know much about a kid named Justin Bolis?  He played at Lincoln High and is now at SECC.  I believe he is in the 6'7" - 6'8" range and has springs for legs.  A buddy said he is having a good freshman season in JUCO.  could he be a Josiah type player for us?

Yeah...

On 3/4/2024 at 5:16 PM, thrasher31 said:

another juco kid from the area that's performing well. Was at Omaha Bryan, but left in 2021 to go to Colorado prep the following year (for 22-23 season, which makes this 23-24 his first season of juco ball). 

Maybe @Jacob Padillacan provide more insight into these two. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm curious how far off Bahl is from an offer from Loesner and the staff. The rebounding numbers stand out every time he plays, but I *think* teams may be bouncing him to the 4 to crash the glass? 

So far an Omaha and SDSU offer, but we'll see how the summer looks for him and what other looks he gets. @Jacob Padillagood stuff

11 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Does Bryson Bahl have the 'right stuff' to be a D-1 hoops player? That's the question, I'm sure he has the make-up to be competent, much like a Sam Hoiberg has that in spades. Time will tell the tale...

He absolutely is a D1 player IMO. The only question for me is what level? If we have room and we. Normally do I would absolutely take a flyer on him. He can shoot the lights out.

12 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Does Bryson Bahl have the 'right stuff' to be a D-1 hoops player? That's the question, I'm sure he has the make-up to be competent, much like a Sam Hoiberg has that in spades. Time will tell the tale...

I think he has the potential, yes.  I also think he would be worth the risk.  Much depends on his willingness to sit and develop for a year?  That said, his sister is a pretty gifted softball player 😉

2 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

He absolutely is a D1 player IMO. The only question for me is what level? If we have room and we. Normally do I would absolutely take a flyer on him. He can shoot the lights out.

PWO potential here or is he going to end up with HM full ride opportunities do you think?