In state kids?

Section_316

People don't want to give McDermott any credit for being a good coach/recruiter. I am all in on Nebraska, but McDermott has proven he can coach/recruit in my book. Two recent examples are the Nevada and Boston College transfers.

This was no time for a desperate offer. McDermott offered him, based on what Patton did in his camp and for what he projects to be down the road. I have a feeling, 5 years down the road, Mcdermott will be very happy with how he develops. And if not, he rolled the dice on a local kid who happens to be a seven footer. Worth the gamble in my book.

Not sure why Jay-backers feel the necessity for up-talking Patton on this Nebrasketball board. But here are a couple observation on the subject:

1. Looks like Tim Miles will let the Jays have this one without even the slightest competitive effort; and

2. A couple old adages appear to be pertinent here: (a) "You pay your money and take your chances," and (B) "The hallmark of insecurity is bravado."

People don't want to give McDermott any credit for being a good coach/recruiter. I am all in on Nebraska, but McDermott has proven he can coach/recruit in my book. Two recent examples are the Nevada and Boston College transfers.

This was no time for a desperate offer. McDermott offered him, based on what Patton did in his camp and for what he projects to be down the road. I have a feeling, 5 years down the road, Mcdermott will be very happy with how he develops. And if not, he rolled the dice on a local kid who happens to be a seven footer. Worth the gamble in my book.

Maurice Watson is transferring from the Boston University Terriers, not Boston College...there's a big difference.

Went to da summer league games in omaha on Thursd to watch some local guys. Biggs was there and played. He look good but th wide open game be perfect for him.

I saw the transfer from Boston. He legit and can reaally ball. If he be,eligible dis year he would compete for starting role IMO. He built like daganduro and be lightening quick. He a good add for creighton.

Also saw dat kid from North. He raw but really gets up and down the court well for a big brutha. He skinny doe and needs,to add weight. He athletoc enough to play d1 ball if he can get bigger. You can tell he used ta be a guard cuz he got good handles esp. for a big.

Lotsa fomer Huskers there to. Wes wilkinson played in da game against that boston transfer. Wes look good.

Wish the current Huskers played. It nice to get a little hoop fix in da summer. Wit da creighton, uno and fomer college guys that are now pros in europe it fun ta watch. It free to.

Wish the current Huskers played. It nice to get a little hoop fix in da summer. Wit da creighton, uno and fomer college guys that are now pros in europe it fun ta watch. It free to.

Nebraska's players current players cannot play in the league.

They could play if they were allowed by the coaching staff.

With such a high ceiling Patton has, the juice is worth the squeeze here. He could end up being a huge steal for the Jays. With his work ethic he has a great chance to be special.

Such a high ceiling why? Because he's tall?
He has a "high ceiling" because he picked Krayton. Duh. Mind you his zero offers and lack of interest from just about anybody on the D 1 level. But his ceiling is just so darn "high." Lmao! Nebraska grabs this kid and Krayton fans talk about how marginal of a pickup he is. Krayton lands him on their lonesome and he just so happens to have an oh so "high" ceiling. Gotta love it. Granted I've only seem the kid play once but his game is ugggllllyyyyy. Maybe he will improve greatly but it's a big reach this early in the process.

• 3 weeks later...

Rumor in da metro be that Creighton finna hook Khyri from Benson up wit a prep school to get him eligible.

I bet they get Patton eligible in time to. He lookin good lately and picking up more attention. He gots talent but need a add lbs.

Is there any other post type players in the state that could be on NU's radar for the upcoming recruiting class?  How about any future classes?

I've heard good things about Logan Strom. He's going to be a sophomore at Norfolk High this upcoming year. I think he's 6'8" now but I've heard he's expected to grow several more inches.

Is there any other post type players in the state that could be on NU's radar for the upcoming recruiting class?  How about any future classes?

I've heard good things about Logan Strom. He's going to be a sophomore at Norfolk High this upcoming year. I think he's 6'8" now but I've heard he's expected to grow several more inches.

I saw him play at state and he's skilled, a bit of a puppy still. Needs to get quicker to play at the Big Ten level, IMO. He could turn into an ox, though. Big strong kid, good hands, a little rough around the edges like most kids his age are.

Check this tweet from about an hour ago from NebraskaHSHoops:

https://twitter.com/nebraskahshoops/status/489495860028665856

@NebraskaHSHoops: Creighton has inquired about 2017 Omaha South F Aguek Arop (Omaha Elite 15u) & 2017 Edmond North, Ok G Marques Wilson (Omaha Elite 15u)

Anybody know why a cat from Oklahoma playing for a Omaha AAU team?

Check this tweet from about an hour ago from NebraskaHSHoops:

https://twitter.com/nebraskahshoops/status/489495860028665856

@NebraskaHSHoops: Creighton has inquired about 2017 Omaha South F Aguek Arop (Omaha Elite 15u) & 2017 Edmond North, Ok G Marques Wilson (Omaha Elite 15u)

Anybody know why a cat from Oklahoma playing for a Omaha AAU team?

Most major AAU teams have players from multiple states on their team.