In state kids?

Section_316

Kanon Koster of Kearney:

With a name like Kanon, shouldn't we get after him?  ;)  I'm sure Miles is well-aware of him.

(Isn't Koster a name of some renown in Husker Athletics?)

Kanon Koster's dad started the Mr. Basketball tournament in Kearney. He still runs it after 25 years: http://misterbasketball.com/mr-basketball-tournaments/boys-events/college-exposure-events/mr-basketball-invitational/mbi-records/

And there is a George Koster in the Nebraska football hall of fame: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=942384

2018 Roman Behrens got an offer from Kent State, not sure if that was posted earlier. And sounds like Wingett had a good weekend in Vegas, maybe he's next.

Also worth mentioning, Teddy Allen's team is lighting it up in Vegas and that's probably the 3rd best local team behind Aguek's and Chandler's. The boys are having a good summer.

2018 Roman Behrens got an offer from Kent State, not sure if that was posted earlier. And sounds like Wingett had a good weekend in Vegas, maybe he's next.

Also worth mentioning, Teddy Allen's team is lighting it up in Vegas and that's probably the 3rd best local team behind Aguek's and Chandler's. The boys are having a good summer.

Not only is Teddy Allen lighting it up, he is now one of three local players to hold a P5 offer (Arop and Chang) as Iowa State just offered.

Not only is Teddy Allen lighting it up, he is now one of three local players to hold a P5 offer (Arop and Chang) as Iowa State just offered.

I still think Chandler's going to get bigger offers, too. A lot of schools are going after higher targets right now, but as they commit, a 6-9 kid with Chandler's athletic ability might look pretty good by October. Wingett also possible. 

I still think Chandler's going to get bigger offers, too. A lot of schools are going after higher targets right now, but as they commit, a 6-9 kid with Chandler's athletic ability might look pretty good by October. Wingett also possible.
Definitely some major talent in the state right now.

Definitely some major talent in the state right now.

Let's go get some (more) of 'em! 

I think Teddy is the best in-state player in the 2017 class right now.  There are some lingering questions by some as to whether his game will translate at the power conference level (he won't fit into what some schools run very well), but he would probably be a star at a mid major.

Unlike some kids int he metro, I haven't heard anything about academic issues but Boystown is usually solid there.  Of course, I have no idea if he has taken an ACT/SAT yet.