2014 PG Vasilije Pusica

bigred4

Plays for the same school as Keanu Pinder.  According to Robin Washut on twitter, he is on the verge of an offer and official visit.  Looks like a really good shooter and can play point guard.  He scored 22 against Brewster Academy at the City of Palms Classic.  Don't know about his other offers, but a shooter who can play point is a win-win.  Hope we can get him and then add another athletic big like Deng Deng and that would be a good finish to the 2014 recruiting season.

Plays for the same school as Keanu Pinder.  According to Robin Washut on twitter, he is on the verge of an offer and official visit.  Looks like a really good shooter and can play point guard.  He scored 22 against Brewster Academy at the City of Palms Classic.  Don't know about his other offers, but a shooter who can play point is a win-win.  Hope we can get him and then add another athletic big like Deng Deng and that would be a good finish to the 2014 recruiting season.

We need a guard who can shoot + 40% from three point land.  Right now, after Gallegos is gone that's something we don't have on our roster. 

We need a guard who can shoot + 40% from three point land.  Right now, after Gallegos is gone that's something we don't have on our roster.

So true! As of now this kid is shooting 54% from 3 point range.

I have a feeling there's at least one departure, if not two, with current players on top of the open scholarship we haven't used in two years available as well.  Guys like this will fill one of those spots and you'll see one or two big man transfer, juco, late bloomer fill the others.

I can see Rivers going given he never see the floor this year.  Vooch is one I think needs to go.  He is playing so little and still has so far to go.

At this point it really seems as though Miles may be sending David Rivers a bit of a message. Maybe I'm misreading the situation, but I feel this will result in a mutual parting of ways after the season. I frankly don't see any way that Vooch is back next year. That's a dead scholarship, and this team's not good enough to have the luxury of carrying dead weight around. 

At this point it really seems as though Miles may be sending David Rivers a bit of a message. Maybe I'm misreading hte situation, but I feel this will result in a mutual parting of ways after the season. I frankly don't see any way that Vooch is back next year. That's a dead scholarship, and this team's not good enough to have the luxury of carrying dead weight around. 

This was the book on Parker last year and Benny responded.  We'll see how this shakes out.

At this point it really seems as though Miles may be sending David Rivers a bit of a message. Maybe I'm misreading hte situation, but I feel this will result in a mutual parting of ways after the season. I frankly don't see any way that Vooch is back next year. That's a dead scholarship, and this team's not good enough to have the luxury of carrying dead weight around. 

This was the book on Parker last year and Benny responded.  We'll see how this shakes out.

I think that is still the book on Benny. 

I don't know what the deal is with Rivers but with the way Shavon is playing, I can't believe Rivers can't even get a look or any minutes to see if he can help out.  If nothing else, he is 5 more fouls we can throw at someone.  I will say this about Rivers is that he is still on the bench cheering his teammates on and giving the players high 5's as they come out of the game.  When Terran missed the shot at the end of the Michigan game and was standing there dejected with his hands on his knees, Rivers was the first person to run over and console him.  Whether he is getting minutes or not, that is a great teammate.

I think he gets to stay for his senior year if he wants to.

I don't see him getting let go for just his senior unless he graduates this year and can be a one year guy.

Would be tough to be a jr and then transferring and sitting a year.

I think it'd be best for both parties if he could graduate this year.  He could move on with life or go somewhere and get one more year in the sun, and Nebraska gets a scholarship to open up and hopefully use it wisely.

So we have 2 scholarships open and carry 3-4 dead weight players, total of up to 6, add in the thoughts on Hawkins, that adds up quickly. Next fall well be telling as to where Miles will get this program.

This math checks out if we have 16 scholarships next year.

We have 2 open, right? The names listed as "non factors or transfer options, Rivers, serj, Parker Hawkins, that's 6, yes? If you count one of the serj/Parker as one of the two we have 4. Still a very high number for 2015.

We only have 1 open. The Gallegos scholarship is going to Hammond for next year. Plus the 4 transfer options you listed above. That would be 5 spots. Only problem with this thinking is that most likely only 2 departures at maximum happen due to APR considerations. That would be 3 guys plus Hammond who is already coming in. It will be interesting to see how many new guys the staff brings in.

We have 2 open, right? The names listed as "non factors or transfer options, Rivers, serj, Parker Hawkins, that's 6, yes? If you count one of the serj/Parker as one of the two we have 4. Still a very high number for 2015.

We only have 1 open. The Gallegos scholarship is going to Hammond for next year. Plus the 4 transfer options you listed above. That would be 5 spots. Only problem with this thinking is that most likely only 2 departures at maximum happen due to APR considerations. That would be 3 guys plus Hammond who is already coming in. It will be interesting to see how many new guys the staff brings in.

But I guess if Rivers graduates that is a free spot without having to worry about APR. Is he close or did someone just throw this idea out there?

im still confused on this Hawkins discussion? i dont see him as a non factor, i see him as a true freshmen playing in the best conference in America. so unless its his decision to leave, i don't see any reason why he should not be here contending for PT next year,

I think Hawkins name was brought up a couple weeks ago as a possible transfer back home to his girlfriend at A&M. So I guess he's getting lumped into the cut list. I'm with you, Hawkins has potential if he stays.

I want hawk to be here, I was just saying, if all of those shake out it shows how short our roster is. I think it would be smart to even out the classes a bit with rivers graduating and getting serj going. Only if we have viable candidates. 2015 needs to be THE recruiting class if Miles is the guy.

Ok. I agree 2015 is big. At this point, there has to be a big time recruit out there that recognizes we are 1-2 players away from taking off. A player that sees they could come in a play for a contender by making us a contender. I keep going back to this. Where would we be if Miles hadn't brought in the 3 transfers right after getting here? This year would be a year of obvious rebuilding with 4 or so of his freshman looking on instead of being mostly competitive in games with 2 of his freshman looking on. Miles has done well filling holes. A swing and a miss on Serj, but then the 3 transfers, and now Leslee Smith. Hopefully once the departures shake out Miles can land another hole-filler in the form of a contributing big man transfer to pair with Smith for next season. Then Hammond can get a year to acclimate. I think Miles has this all figured out and everyone will be happy once we land the hole-fillers. Even out the classes, land some 2015 studs, onward and upward.

I agree he has done a nice job so far. I was hoping fall to be more fruitful, as most if the studs sign in the early period. He needs a transfer who can play right away. 2015 is big to me because you are looking for guys who can contribute I. Year 2 like this current transfer class. You will be able to tell if the arrow is pointed up or level.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...