Biggs

TourneyBound

I did. Said Biggs was on the bench the majority of the time at the end due to his defensive play. He could have done and said the same for just about any other Husker tonight. I'm sure Beilien was happy to see Webster on the floor over Biggs.

Not exactly.  He said Biggs blew 4 defensive plays/possessions in a row at one point when he pulled Biggs.

By any chance, did you complain in any other thread about defense in the 2nd half or last 10 minutes?  It's not enough to score points on the offensive end if you can't get stops on the defensive end.  Who else blew 4 defensive possessions in a row?

I'm not in the mood to 2nd guess the coaching.  I'm not convinced any of you have the expertise to legitimately criticize a guy who has proven in program after program where he's coached that he knows what he's doing.  He's been successful everywhere he's been.

So, until you coach a win somewhere beyond 8th grade girls, I'm probably going to put more weight in Miles' decisions than your Monday-morning point guarding.

I did. Said Biggs was on the bench the majority of the time at the end due to his defensive play. He could have done and said the same for just about any other Husker tonight. I'm sure Beilien was happy to see Webster on the floor over Biggs.

Not exactly.  He said Biggs blew 4 defensive plays/possessions in a row at one point when he pulled Biggs.

By any chance, did you complain in any other thread about defense in the 2nd half or last 10 minutes?  It's not enough to score points on the offensive end if you can't get stops on the defensive end.  Who else blew 4 defensive possessions in a row?

I lost count of how many times Leslie chased his man to the top of the key, only to have his man cut back to the basket, catch a pass and get an easy layup. He was slow to recover and got left in the dust time after time tonight.

I'm under the impression that Miles doesn't want to bench Webster in fear that he might leave after the season.

I think it's been pretty clear for weeks that Biggs is the best point guard option for this season.

Webster probably still has better potential, but he is not the best option at this point.

That's what it is looking like.  No way Webster is a top 50 player at this point and Biggs is better and takes it to the hole.

I'm under the impression that Miles doesn't want to bench Webster in fear that he might leave after the season.

I think it's been pretty clear for weeks that Biggs is the best point guard option for this season.

Webster probably still has better potential, but he is not the best option at this point.

I'm not second-guessing TM on the move at all, gotta play D. However, I'm completely ready to abandon the idea that Webster is somehow better because of his potential. Biggs is obviously a better offensive player right now and I don't see that changing next year, unless Tai suddenly starts hitting 50% on 3s. DB's also a pest of defense, just has a lot of breakdowns that can be corrected. And he needs to not get suspended.  :(  But it's time to realize that Biggs is really good, even if nobody ever called him a top 50 recruit. Maybe Tai's better in 2 or 3 years, but DB will be gone by then anyway.

I lost count of how many times Leslie chased his man to the top of the key, only to have his man cut back to the basket, catch a pass and get an easy layup. He was slow to recover and got left in the dust time after time tonight.

So, we should play Biggs instead of Smith?

I mean, you pull Smith and who are you going to put in there instead?  Pitchford?  Sure.  Put in Pitchford.  And after that, whom?

Like it or not, we have a two-man rotation in the post and if they're getting beat on D, there's not another option.  It's not like we can check down to our defensive stopper who's lacking on the offensive end.

Why did Benny play?

I'm shocked more people aren't bringing this up the stretch Benny played we were awful almost four on 5 at offensive end

Ya we had Webster and Benny out there at same time during that stretch. Not a good combination

Agreed...it's tough having two guards with no confidence in their shots on the court at the same time.

Not exactly. He said Biggs blew 4 defensive plays/possessions in a row at one point when he pulled Biggs.

By any chance, did you complain in any other thread about defense in the 2nd half or last 10 minutes? It's not enough to score points on the offensive end if you can't get stops on the defensive end. Who else blew 4 defensive possessions in a row?

I'm not in the mood to 2nd guess the coaching. I'm not convinced any of you have the expertise to legitimately criticize a guy who has proven in program after program where he's coached that he knows what he's doing. He's been successful everywhere he's been.

So, until you coach a win somewhere beyond 8th grade girls, I'm probably going to put more weight in Miles' decisions than your Monday-morning point guarding.

Yeah because we got sooooo many stops down the stretch with Webster in the game! Lmao. We still sucked on defense and instead of having Biggs on the floor who was taking it to Mich we had a point guard who is absolutely a non factor on the offensive end. Chalk it up as just another "lesson" for Biggs while we take another big fat loss.

I completely agree.  The coaches are over catering to Webster.  I think its time for the tough love. Miles is doing it with Biggs, maybe its time to call out Webster to perform better.  He leaves, he leaves.

I completely agree. The coaches are over catering to Webster. I think its time for the tough love. Miles is doing it with Biggs, maybe its time to call out Webster to perform better. He leaves, he leaves.

Yep time for some tough love. Pull him out and ask him what his goals are. If it's NBA, then it's obvious to us, but it need to be obvious to him how much he has to learn and how much he has to work on. If he wants to quit and go back home and play, then he's not tough enough to work and even approach that potential he has anyway. One players potential shouldn't be an excuse for an entire program taking hits and hindering the programs progress. Miles knows he's only got a short window to have this thing take off here.

I completely agree. The coaches are over catering to Webster. I think its time for the tough love. Miles is doing it with Biggs, maybe its time to call out Webster to perform better. He leaves, he leaves.

How dare anyone question Miles! It's easy to see to just about anyone...Biggs is the better player right now. And in all reality, it's not close. Did Bigge struggle in some stretches on defense last night? Sure. Was Webster playing enough for him to get the majority of the minutes down the stretch because of it? Nope. We didn't start getting stops on defense once Webster was in the game. Instead we had a player in who currently might as well just stand in the corner on offense.