Show Jacob Hammond some love

Huskerpapa

not really fair to the guy who should actually win (whoever that might be)

well to be fair Hammond is the highest rated player in the poll.  If Mitchell Solomon was in there he would be deserving but hes not which means the best college prospect left is Hammond.  A lot of people can vote that way.

Ok, serious question here..... I don't want to rain on the vote for Jacob parade, but does it concern anyone at all that he has gone to 4 different high schools, and also has decommitted from Oklahoma? Not that it's horrible it just throws up a red flag to me. 

That type of thing is often a red flag. All I can say personally is that when I heard him interviewed shortly after he committed to us, I was satisfied with the explanation he had for why he's moved around so much. I can't do it justice here, but at the time I was satisfied with his answer, and it made sense to me.

Ok, serious question here..... I don't want to rain on the vote for Jacob parade, but does it concern anyone at all that he has gone to 4 different high schools, and also has decommitted from Oklahoma? Not that it's horrible it just throws up a red flag to me. 

Not at all.  If you do not follow high school basketball recruiting much you would fail to know this happens quite often.  Kevin Durant went to 3 high schools in 3 years So-SR year.  Jonah Bolden is already in his 2nd high in the states and 3 overall.  There's a local Portland kid thats a 3 star thats in his 4th school in 3 years and will be a good Mid-Major player.  For whatever reason basketball players transfer quite a bit.  You can go to any school like Findlay prep, Oak Hill, etc and every guy on the team will usually be on school 2 or 3 for their high school career.

Miles asked Pitchford to redshirt as a condition of offering him a scholarship because Nebraska would have been his 4th school in as many years.

Wasn't it still his fourth school in as many years, regardless if he redshirted?

Miles asked Pitchford to redshirt as a condition of offering him a scholarship because Nebraska would have been his 4th school in as many years.

Wasn't it still his fourth school in as many years, regardless if he redshirted?

Also, the NCAA required him to redshirt as it didn't grant him a hardship waiver.

Also, the NCAA required him to redshirt as it didn't grant him a hardship waiver.

Answer to atskooc is yes.  Still would have been 4 schools.  But Miles didn't want him playing for his 4th school in 4 years.  Wanted to give him a chance to settle in and adjust and so forth.  Not play.  That's why he wanted him to redshirt.  The offer was contingent on him accepting a redshirt.

And, Dimes, no, not necessarily true.  Walt could have asked for and was potentially eligible for a waiver of the redshirt/transfer rule.  Miles said no, we want you to sit a year and get acclimated to a place after all the travelling you've done.

I got this directly from Miles' mouth so don't anyone ask me for a link or anything.

I got this directly from Miles' mouth so don't anyone ask me for a link or anything.

Norm, If they want a link , I found one you were missing!

• 3 weeks later...

*bump*

Since we last looked, Jacob has fallen from 1st to 3rd in the polls.  He's got ~1,500 votes and is ~300 votes behind the leader in the poll.

Let's show the future Husker some love and go vote!  It's not the easiest website to navigate but you can vote once every day.

http://vype.com/oklahoma/2013/12/31/shelter-insurance-mr-basketball-oklahoma-poll-is-now-open/

http://vype.com/oklahoma/tag/polls/

*bump*

Since we last looked, Jacob has fallen from 1st to 3rd in the polls.  He's got ~1,500 votes and is ~300 votes behind the leader in the poll.

Let's show the future Husker some love and go vote!  It's not the easiest website to navigate but you can vote once every day.

http://vype.com/oklahoma/2013/12/31/shelter-insurance-mr-basketball-oklahoma-poll-is-now-open/

http://vype.com/oklahoma/tag/polls/

Top 10 votegetters get in.  When we're down to the finals I'll start pushing it.

• 3 weeks later...