Tournament for next year

Huskerpapa

Why do all these tournaments have the word "Classic" as part of the name?  That's something I never understood.

Well, the word classic originated from the latin word classicus and the french word classique.  The word means belonging to a class or belonging to the highest class.  So with that in mind, I have no clue why every tournament ends up as a classic :)

Lol..looks like they could set up a Nebraska/Colorado game in the first round. By the sound of things forced to play us in a tournament, might be the only way we are going to see the Huskers play anyone that we used to share time with in the Big 12. Wonder if their AD is on the phone with the organizers saying they (CU) won't play us on our (NU) court or CU's court...."so don't expect us to play them on a nutural court!"

Is there any bad blood between the two on the basketball side of things?

There was a video of this fight on youtube about 6 months ago...for the life of me I can't find it now. But I did find one post game video of this game on youtube. This might bring back some memories!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynPRrl-IYRU

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2788526

I don't know about that, Colorado has already played Oklahoma St. and Kansas this year. But maybe there is that much bad blood between NU and CU. 

Doubt there's any bad blood...Just going off Jaydon Olson's comments at the Coach Miles Radio show last week: Spoke with every Big XII school, the SEC, and the Pac XII, and said we'll come out to your place next year because we're looking for a road game.  Most of them wouldn't even talk to us.  One place said "We need to play a more notorious school."