Tim Miles Press Conference - Dec 20

HuskerCager

Agreed.  He is very refreshing.  I like the fact that he's not full of coach speak, for example acknowledging the fact that he encourages players to look ahead more than just the next game, in some cases.  Very entertaining, very real, and engaging...we got a good one.  

To be honest I don't like that attitude at all. I don't think you can encourage 18-23 year old guys to look ahead or past teams. 

I could be way off here too, and maybe I'm just a negative thinker but it rubs me the wrong way that Miles can make jokes after we lose games. I'm not saying it's right or wrong or that it's a big deal, it just rubs me the wrong way. I guess it's because I go into a little depression every time we lose. 

To be honest I don't like that attitude at all. I don't think you can encourage 18-23 year old guys to look ahead or past teams. 

I could be way off here too, and maybe I'm just a negative thinker but it rubs me the wrong way that Miles can make jokes after we lose games. I'm not saying it's right or wrong or that it's a big deal, it just rubs me the wrong way. I guess it's because I go into a little depression every time we lose. 

I am with you Cheap Seat.  Miles needs to focus on getting better every game and I don't see that happening at this time.  It may come??  But unlike Doc whose defense allowed us to have a chance in most games, if we don't shoot well, we are in trouble because we cannot hang our hat on being a solid defensive team.

I am with you Cheap Seat.  Miles needs to focus on getting better every game and I don't see that happening at this time.  It may come??  But unlike Doc whose defense allowed us to have a chance in most games, if we don't shoot well, we are in trouble because we cannot hang our hat on being a solid defensive team.

Was it really Doc's defense that was so good?.....Or was it his slow it down boring basketball that allowed us to lose more games than not by 10 or less points?  Id be interested to hear what Miles thoughts are regarding a "good punt" in basketball.  This is a young inexperienced team...it's going to take time no doubt.  I'm just hoping we see them grow and get better as the year goes on. 

I am with you Cheap Seat.  Miles needs to focus on getting better every game and I don't see that happening at this time.  It may come??  But unlike Doc whose defense allowed us to have a chance in most games, if we don't shoot well, we are in trouble because we cannot of hang our hat on being a solid defensive team.

Was it really Doc's defense that was so good?.....Or was it his slow it down boring basketball that allowed us to lose more games than not by 10 or less points?  Id be interested to hear what Miles thoughts are regarding a "good punt" in basketball.  This is a young inexperienced team...it's going to take time no doubt.  I'm just hoping we see them grow and get better as the year goes on. 

It was both but there is a reason that we were one of the highest ranked teams in the Big 12 and B1G, in defensive FG %.  IMO we were in many games at the end due to boring basketball and very good defense.