More guards...

lanigan123

According to Brian Rosenthal, the plan for Fuller is to build him into a 4 because he's not necessarily able to guard 3s. 

I believe we'll look to sign 1-2 guards in the 2015 class.

well that's good, hopefully he catches on quickly.  It would give us some unexpected size in the post next year

It's going to be a bigger issue on the defensive end for Fuller.  In an ideal world, as I understand it, Miles wants four guys, at least, on the court that can play on the perimeter.  If Fuller's the shooter we all think he is, if he can learn to play the post, too, look out.  

He's probably not big enough to be a full-time post defender.  He probably has more chance of developing some lateral quickness and being a serviceable perimeter defender than he has of growing a couple more inches and adding 30-40 pounds to be a low post kind of guy.

sounds like we want fuller to be a doug mcdermott type of player.

Oh boy.  You better hope some of the guys over at the Underground don't see you saying this.  Why, they'll be outraged at the very suggestion that someone playing for Nebraska could ever be as good a basketball player as St. Doug.  Don't even mention him in the same breath.  Why, that's like comparing butter with margarine.  Or the new Dodge Charger with the old Dodge Charger.  (As people on these boards are wont to remind me, you simply cannot compare dissimilar things.)

Speaking of guards in the 2015 class.  I hope our coaches are looking seriously at Jimmy Whitt from Columbia Hickman.

Well, it appears we are looking...no offer, but looking, along with about everyone else in the midwest.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jimmy-Whitt-134014

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of guards in the 2015 class.  I hope our coaches are looking seriously at Jimmy Whitt from Columbia Hickman.

Well, it appears we are looking...no offer, but looking, along with about everyone else in the midwest.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jimmy-Whitt-134014

Jimmy Whitt is from Columbia, Missouri and has an offer from the hometown school.  Do we have any realistic shot with this kid?  Does anyone know if there's a backstory there?  (Maybe he's like another Jimmy who grew up hating the athletics programs at the hometown university.)

Norm I don't have a clue if we would have a legit shot or not.  Current MOJO for Haith is to bring in one high school kid in a class and 3 transfers.  I do know we have no chance if we don't offer and maybe we have ask the kid and he has said he has no interest.  He is good.

Here is a link to a Sunrise Academy highlight video from the Keanu Pinder thread. Pusica has quite a few highlights. Sweet shot.

http://iaelites.com/videos/sunrise/

Looked from the highlights like Pinder hardly played...

Really liked watching 44 shoot and the PG 11 Lourawls Nairn. He's going to Michigan State. Great.

thats the tough thing with schools like that in you have so many players, not enough balls to go around.  I had pointed out Findlay Prep earlier this year and they have 9 players rated 3 stars and above.  Obviously some guys will get the short end of the stick, especially ones like Pinder who are on the team for the first year so he doesnt have a carved out spot in the rotation others may have from being there a year or two.