Kent is the best

hhcmatt

Kent is a great man and as knowledgeable about NU hoops as anyone. I had a chance to spend some time with him during Doc Sadler's first year at the Orange Bowl Classic in Miami and his passion for Husker Hoops is off the charts. Unfortunately a couple posters here wrote some bad things about him back then that I didn't see for quite awhile and I think there were some hard feelings. But I hope if he's reading this that that's water on the bridge and he realizes I'm his biggest fan and even moreso, so is HHC.

Ā 

Thank you Kent for all you do.

Ā 

Dave

I love Kent's love of the Huskers...I love his enthusiastic call of the game...but he drives me nuts in my attempts to follow the flow of the game, he can "sometimes" come across as a goldfish with a castle in his bowl...ohh, a new castle; ohh, a new castle; ohh, a new castle...meaning, he sometimes loses a bit of focus.Ā  But that is okay in my book, that is what makes Kent, Kent.Ā 

Kent is a great man and as knowledgeable about NU hoops as anyone. I had a chance to spend some time with him during Doc Sadler's first year at the Orange Bowl Classic in Miami and his passion for Husker Hoops is off the charts. Unfortunately a couple posters here wrote some bad things about him back then that I didn't see for quite awhile and I think there were some hard feelings. But I hope if he's reading this that that's water on the bridge and he realizes I'm his biggest fan and even moreso, so is HHC.

Ā 

Ā 

Dave

Ā 

I've always liked Kent doing the games.Ā  The way he describes the action, I feel like I can visualize what's happening when I can't see it.Ā  I think when Kent came back after Randy Lee stopped doing the games, he had to shake off some rust and I think some of the posters here thought he was still a little too rusty.Ā  And he might have been a little bit but I think he's picked it back up like riding a bike.Ā  I like listening to Kent do the games and always have.Ā Ā At his worst, Kent is far better than the guy who took over from kentĀ after his first tour, Warren Swain, I think.Ā  That guy was terrible.Ā  No offense to him as a person but I want a guy doing the games who is on our side.

I've grown quite fond of listening to Kent and Matt (get a damn game on common folk cable TV already).Ā 

Ā 

Mr. P. won my heart with the UMASS "THAT WAS ALL BALL" call.Ā  The back and forth with Matt after that was priceless.Ā  Ughhhh Kent you're going to get us in trouble uhhghhhh.

LOVE KENT PAVELKA!!!Ā  Since I go to all the home games I don't get to listen to him as much as I would like.Ā  So after a lot of games I will actually go back and listen to parts of the game just to get Kent's call.Ā  Absolutely love his passion for the game and for Husker hoops.Ā  Guys great!

I don't know why this has always stayed with me, but when we played at Missouri in '94 they were going for the perfect 14-0 record in the Big 8 in that game.Ā  I had to listen to it on the radio and at one point late in the game Kent was really pumped up after we made a big three, and he said "The Missouri fans want a foul called, BUT WHO CARES!??"

Ā 

I just loved that. :D

Kent's a good guy. Ā Husker FAN! Ā And I like having the radio voice for MY team be a fan of MY team. Ā He has no obligation to be objective. Ā I want him to be at least one part homer and Kent is a fan. Ā And a nice guy to boot.

AMEN!

Ā 

I tell anyone who will listen that he is a major major reason I moved here in the 80s and became a Husker Hoops fan long before I became a Husker Football fan :)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Dave

Ā 

I've always liked Kent doing the games.Ā  The way he describes the action, I feel like I can visualize what's happening when I can't see it.Ā  I think when Kent came back after Randy Lee stopped doing the games, he had to shake off some rust and I think some of the posters here thought he was still a little too rusty.Ā  And he might have been a little bit but I think he's picked it back up like riding a bike.Ā  I like listening to Kent do the games and always have.Ā Ā At his worst, Kent is far better than the guy who took over from kentĀ after his first tour, Warren Swain, I think.Ā  That guy was terrible.Ā  No offense to him as a person but I want a guy doing the games who is on our side.

Ā 

Ā 

To Warren Swain's credit he seemed to be a little better once they put two or three telephone books on his broadcasting seat enabling him to see over the scorers table when he called the games.Ā  :)

One of my All-time favorite sports memories was listening to Kent's call of NU's upset of #1 ranked Missouri back in '82. The game was at the Hearns Center, and Kent spoke in a whisper most of the 2nd half because I believe he thought if he spoke to loudly he might "jinx" us. Absolutely brilliant!

Or get beat up by the Antlers.

• 2 months later...