Creighton Cobra Kai

hhcmatt

Cmon guys the dive was fine and certainly isn't a foul and the announcers say as much.  I can't be the only NU fan who sees that Petteway has Gibbs around the neck right?  I listened to enough talk radio today to be sick of our whiny fans complain about this rather than the crap effort we gave.

Uh yeah he had Gibbs around the neck right after Gibbs jumped on him and started throwing elbows. Now tell me, how should have Petteway reacted?

What did we say last year about Peltz?  It's fine when we do it though right? Like I said, I am so sick of the bitching we did after the game - almost as embarrassing as our play.

Cmon guys the dive was fine and certainly isn't a foul and the announcers say as much. I can't be the only NU fan who sees that Petteway has Gibbs around the neck right? I listened to enough talk radio today to be sick of our whiny fans complain about this rather than the crap effort we gave.

So let me get this straight. Everyone is just supposed to watch that happen, forget about it, and not say a word? Not talking about the game here, which was an embarrassment, I'll agree with you on that. But seriously? The belly flop on top of Petteway was fine? Really? It was not fine. And even if the belly flop was okay if Gibbs was actually hustling or whatever they call it, he would have dismounted Petteway and gone after the ball after it squirted away instead of continuing to ride him for another 10 seconds driving his elbow into Petteway's head. It was a controversial play. They get discussed on talk radio. That's what sports talk thrives on. Give us a controversial play and we'll talk about it all day. Gibbs is a huge b*tch and that's not just me whining, it's a fact substantiated by several b*tch moves he's pulled over his decade long collegiate career. The way Creighton's players acted post-scuffle was less than classy, and Greg McDermott showed little class in defending his players b*tch move. It has nothing to do with the butt-whooping Creighton laid on us yesterday. Creighton could have shown just a little class, handled things a little better. Miles couldn't even defend Petteway even though he did very little if anything. Just said something like "not the way you act as a Husker, and he was sorry."

Also, just so I understand...if I recover a loose ball and am laying on the floor for about a second a half, it's not a foul if another player then decides to tackle me? I'm not whining just want to make sure I understand the rules when I get in a pickup game with Gibbs.

Cmon guys the dive was fine and certainly isn't a foul and the announcers say as much. I can't be the only NU fan who sees that Petteway has Gibbs around the neck right? I listened to enough talk radio today to be sick of our whiny fans complain about this rather than the crap effort we gave.

So let me get this straight. Everyone is just supposed to watch that happen, forget about it, and not say a word? Not talking about the game here, which was an embarrassment, I'll agree with you on that. But seriously? The belly flop on top of Petteway was fine? Really? It was not fine. And even if the belly flop was okay if Gibbs was actually hustling or whatever they call it, he would have dismounted Petteway and gone after the ball after it squirted away instead of continuing to ride him for another 10 seconds driving his elbow into Petteway's head. It was a controversial play. They get discussed on talk radio. That's what sports talk thrives on. Give us a controversial play and we'll talk about it all day. Gibbs is a huge b*tch and that's not just me whining, it's a fact substantiated by several b*tch moves he's pulled over his decade long collegiate career. The way Creighton's players acted post-scuffle was less than classy, and Greg McDermott showed little class in defending his players b*tch move. It has nothing to do with the butt-whooping Creighton laid on us yesterday. Creighton could have shown just a little class, handled things a little better. Miles couldn't even defend Petteway even though he did very little if anything. Just said something like "not the way you act as a Husker, and he was sorry."

Also, just so I understand...if I recover a loose ball and am laying on the floor for about a second a half, it's not a foul if another player then decides to tackle me? I'm not whining just want to make sure I understand the rules when I get in a pickup game with Gibbs.

Geez what a whiner...

;)

Geez what a whiner...

;)

It's weird. Just like clockwork I begin whining right after the Creighton game every year.

One thing overlooked in this whole Gibbs thing is how many other fouls the Creighton players committed in this series that weren't called either.  Starting with Gibbs body-bumping Petteway while he was driving to the basket before the scrum even started.  I listened to the game but didn't get to see it.  If they were allowing that kind of contact all night long, it's no wonder things escalated and I would blame the refs for what happened.  On top of Gibbs just being a jackass.

Cmon guys the dive was fine and certainly isn't a foul and the announcers say as much.  I can't be the only NU fan who sees that Petteway has Gibbs around the neck right?  I listened to enough talk radio today to be sick of our whiny fans complain about this rather than the crap effort we gave.

Can not belive you are defending Gibbs.  No one is defending the way we played... but that does not excuse Gibbs for being.... Gibbs.

One thing overlooked in this whole Gibbs thing is how many other fouls the Creighton players committed in this series that weren't called either.  Starting with Gibbs body-bumping Petteway while he was driving to the basket before the scrum even started.  I listened to the game but didn't get to see it.  If they were allowing that kind of contact all night long, it's no wonder things escalated and I would blame the refs for what happened.  On top of Gibbs just being a jackass.

Norm given the ticky tack crap they are calling at the top of the key the bump in question should have drawn a whistle but again it was down near the paint and there seems to be a different set of rules down there this year.

I don't understand Coach McDermott's motive to put that on twitter.  Nothing positive will come from it.  I am disappointed because I respect him as a coach and person, less now.  You won the game because your team executed extremely well, especially early, be proud.  The play he is tweeting about had nothing to do with the outcome of the game and it makes no sense as the winning coach to bring attention to it because it actually takes the focus away from how well his team played.

This was essentially the point of this thread.

Creighton played awesome in the first half and probably had hustle plays all over the place.

This was the only thing Coach McDermott tweeted about that game.  

It sends the message that this type of crap play is not only tolerated, but encouraged and potentially coached.  

Message received. 

I've been perusing the interwebs this morning and it's been hilarious seeing what Creighton fans are saying to try to defend Grunt Douchenozzle:  "Hey, it's no different than something Ndamukong Suh would do at the bottom of a pile and the Huskers liked having him on their team."

Um.  Yeah.  Suh.  Played football, right?  Yeah.

I realize you guys don't have a football program and so maybe you don't grasp the subtle differences between the two sports, but even in football, Grunt Douchenozzle would have been whistled for a late hit by diving on a player who was already down.

LOL, those ignorant bozos.  They don't deserve the team they have.

I don't understand Coach McDermott's motive to put that on twitter.  Nothing positive will come from it.  I am disappointed because I respect him as a coach and person, less now.  You won the game because your team executed extremely well, especially early, be proud.  The play he is tweeting about had nothing to do with the outcome of the game and it makes no sense as the winning coach to bring attention to it because it actually takes the focus away from how well his team played.

Creighton played awesome in the first half and probably had hustle plays all over the place.

It sends the message that this type of crap play is not only tolerated, but encouraged and potentially coached.  

Message received. 

True.  Show me where, in the replay, Grunt Douchenozzle is making any kind of play on the ball.  If you watch that one camera angle, he even has his eyes closed as he's diving on Petteway.  He couldn't have seen the ball if it was at the end of his nose.  Of course, it wasn't anywhere near his nose because Petteway had gotten rid of it before Douchenozzle dove on him.

Message received. 

True.  Show me where, in the replay, Grunt Douchenozzle is making any kind of play on the ball.  If you watch that one camera angle, he even has his eyes closed as he's diving on Petteway.  He couldn't have seen the ball if it was at the end of his nose.  Of course, it wasn't anywhere near his nose because Petteway had gotten rid of it before Douchenozzle dove on him.

Most kids diving into get a lose ball don't elevate like he did and spread his arms and legs out like he did.  It was clear what he was doing even if the zebras missed it.  Norm I do hope Grunt Douchenozzle sticks!

Reading the Creighton board is one of the most mind-numbing things you can do. It's literally a cesspool of ignorance and arrogance over there. And I know they're reading this right now. The funny thing is they all act like we're over here in shock that we lost and that none of us is smart enough to know where our team stands compared to theirs this year. Guess what? 62% of Husker fans in the official prediction contest picked Creighton (who wasn't even ranked, mind you). 62% of Husker fans would hardly even pick against the Huskers on the road against a good but unranked Big Ten team. And most of those who predicted Nebraska apologized when they did and said they just couldn't stand to pick Creighton. Nebraska fans are more realistic about where Creighton is right now as a program than Creighton fans are about where Nebraska is (see the post where they compare our talent level to SWAC teams).

What most Creighton fans and even Husker fans don't realize is just how experienced this Creighton team actually is. They have had basically the same team for 3 years now. Seven guys in their rotation have played in every game this season, almost every game last season, and almost every game in 2011-12 as well. These 7 guys were in the Creighton rotation back when Mike Fox was a 10 mpg player for us. Creighton's rotation on Sunday had combined for 676 career Division I games. Nebraska's rotation had combined for 266...a difference of 410 games. That's a pretty significant difference in experience. Add in it being our first road game, and it's a recipe for disaster. Aside from Ray Gallegos, sophomore Benny Parker was our most experienced Division I player on Sunday at 40 games. That would rank 8th among Creighton's players. 7 of our 9 guys were playing in the NU-CU game for the first time. They got their ass beat by a bunch of hungry seniors who hadn't played very well in their previous few games and knew exactly what to do to beat the snot out of us. Everyone knew that winning this game was a longshot at best. Starting off as pathetic as we did is what's disappointing, not the fact that we lost on the road to a very good team. Creighton can go have a great record in the Big East, get a 6-7 seed and good luck in the tourney. If we're as bad as Creighton fans think we are, we'll go 0-18 in the Big Ten. After all, no SWAC team would win a game in the Big Ten. ;)

And I know they're reading this right now.

Are you a Creighton Bluejay fan?

Do you like to hate-read Nebraska basketball forums but just don't feel like you have that edge any more?

Introducing: HHC Ironic Hate Reading Shirts

Available by clicking the link on most every page and following directions , you can now furiously read every single post on this forum in luxurious 100% cotton.  Copy and paste our text into your forum wearing this red shirt that lets people know "I'm on top of things....way over the top on things."

How many shirts can I put you guys down for?

Reading the Creighton board is one of the most mind-numbing things you can do. It's literally a cesspool of ignorance and arrogance over there. And I know they're reading this right now. The funny thing is they all act like we're over here in shock that we lost and that none of us is smart enough to know where our team stands compared to theirs this year. Guess what? 62% of Husker fans in the official prediction contest picked Creighton (who wasn't even ranked, mind you). 62% of Husker fans would hardly even pick against the Huskers on the road against a good but unranked Big Ten team. And most of those who predicted Nebraska apologized when they did and said they just couldn't stand to pick Creighton. Nebraska fans are more realistic about where Creighton is right now as a program than Creighton fans are about where Nebraska is (see the post where they compare our talent level to SWAC teams).

What most Creighton fans and even Husker fans don't realize is just how experienced this Creighton team actually is. They have had basically the same team for 3 years now. Seven guys in their rotation have played in every game this season, almost every game last season, and almost every game in 2011-12 as well. These 7 guys were in the Creighton rotation back when Mike Fox was a 10 mpg player for us. Creighton's rotation on Sunday had combined for 676 career Division I games. Nebraska's rotation had combined for 266...a difference of 410 games. That's a pretty significant difference in experience. Add in it being our first road game, and it's a recipe for disaster. Aside from Ray Gallegos, sophomore Benny Parker was our most experienced Division I player on Sunday at 40 games. That would rank 8th among Creighton's players. 7 of our 9 guys were playing in the NU-CU game for the first time. They got their ass beat by a bunch of hungry seniors who hadn't played very well in their previous few games and knew exactly what to do to beat the snot out of us. Everyone knew that winning this game was a longshot at best. Starting off as pathetic as we did is what's disappointing, not the fact that we lost on the road to a very good team. Creighton can go have a great record in the Big East, get a 6-7 seed and good luck in the tourney. If we're as bad as Creighton fans think we are, we'll go 0-18 in the Big Ten. After all, no SWAC team would win a game in the Big Ten. ;)

Hey I think we could win the SWAC and there would be our NCAA bid we want.

Thanks for pointing out that we are in the wrong conference. Man we are just a bunch of bumpkins.