Grant Gibbs

Huskers/Cubs

Not sure how you score this in basketball:

1. Gibbs with a take-down and near-fall; and

2. Petteway with a reversal and near-fall.

Probably a wash.

Also, I don't think you get a "pancake" score in any sport if the pancaked player is already on his back when you jump on him.

Scoring is so hard these days . . .

If you get a take down by performing a flying body slam on a guy lying on the floor then he does get the take down.  Had he twisted slightly he'd have gotten a flying atomic elbow drop in.  Thank god he couldn't come off the top rope.

I hoped they enjoyed their last win against the Huskers for awhile!

We say that a lot.  I'm looking forward to when we actually make good on it.

I haven't wanted to say anything this week, but I totally agree.

"Wait 'till next year" just rings hollow to me.  It sounds more like wishful thinking than anything.  Yes, they'll probably take a step back after this year, but, until I see different, that step back may very well still be good enough to kick our asses again.

I really really hope I'm wrong about that.

"Wait 'till next year" just rings hollow to me.  It sounds more like wishful thinking than anything.  Yes, they'll probably take a step back after this year, but, until I see different, that step back may very well still be good enough to kick our asses again.

The last 10 games of the year should tell us whether we have a collection of returning players or a team for next year.

Returning collection maybe wins.

Team Nebraska does win.

We will be favored to win in Lincoln next year with what we have returning compared to what they will have returning.  Will we win? Who knows...but I'm fairly certain going into the game we will be the favorite.

Let's just drop the subject of Gibbs now. We have devoted much too much attention to him for what amounts to a guy whose skill set and age are more compatible with a very good player at the local YMCA during lunch hours. His most positive aspect is that Doug McDermott seems to like him a lot. And what fan base doesn't love a player that opponents' fans really hate? I even liked Incognito when he was here, not to mention Mr. Suh.

Next year, Nebraska loses Gallegos and his 3 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal, whereas, Creighton loses McDermott, Wragge, and Gibbs with their collective 57 points, 19 rebounds, 11 assists, 3 steals, and infinite douchebaggery.

Hopefully, we will be able to look back at yesterday's embarrassment of a young team as a turning point.

Next year, Nebraska loses Gallegos and his 3 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal, whereas, Creighton loses McDermott, Wragge, and Gibbs with their collective 57 points, 19 rebounds, 11 assists, 3 steals, and infinite douchebaggery.

Hopefully, we will be able to look back at yesterday's embarrassment of a young team as a turning point.

They also lose Manigat who added 10 pts, 2 bds, 2 assists and 2 steals. 

So the numbers for their seniors would be 67 pts, 21 rebounds, 13 assists, 5 steals and infinite douchebaggery.

They also lose Manigat who added 10 pts, 2 bds, 2 assists and 2 steals. 

So the numbers for their seniors would be 67 pts, 21 rebounds, 13 assists, 5 steals and infinite douchebaggery.

They lose Mcdermott...who essentially is pretty much end all be all for that team right now.  Guys like Wragge, Manigat, and Chatman aren't getting open shots because they can create.  They are getting open shots because of Mcdermott.  Brooks is the only guy on their team who can pentrate and create his own shot....but thus far has proven to be a liability on defense.  With what we have coming back compared to what they will be bringing to the table....at home, it will be a major dissapointment if we let that one slip away.  In the meantime I will enjoy beating them like usual in Baseball this spring. 

Let's just drop the subject of Gibbs now. We have devoted much too much attention to him for what amounts to a guy whose skill set and age are more compatible with a very good player at the local YMCA during lunch hours. His most positive aspect is that Doug McDermott seems to like him a lot. And what fan base doesn't love a player that opponents' fans really hate? I even liked Incognito when he was here, not to mention Mr. Suh.

True, jimmy, a fanbase tends to like their own thug and hate the other team's thug.

Just like Creighton fans on their message board defending Gibbs and calling Petteway a punk, even as they admit that Gibbs instigated things with Petteway and was in the wrong.

Still, some on their boards are commenting that they hope they can find another guy to fill Gibbs' thug role for next year.  Don't remember seeing any of them say they hope they can find someone to fill McDermott's role for next year, however.