Jess Shepard

Bugeaters1

I would be surprised if they hadn't reached out.  Jessica could play for a team like Connecticut.  I think she's that good.  I mean, think about it this way.  She's a junior in high school and would probably have started for a Nebraska team that made the round of 32 and was ranked most of the season.  Which is different than saying she could have started for Wayne State or Wesleyan.  If there's a HS junior out there good enough to start for one of the top 30 teams in the country, I'd say she's good enough to get recruited by Connecticut.  Anyone think it's over-the-top hyperbole when I say I think she could have started in the post for Nebraska this year?

Theriot

Laudermill

Cady

Hooper

Shepard

Like you stated, Norm, she's a current HS junior. Given another year under her belt, I'm certain she could start for UConn her freshman year. And Geno and staff would develop her even further. Happy she is a Husker (or is going to be a Husker)!

I recall an article about the Kissinger sisters and one of the twins mentioning how she once looked up into the stands of one of her club games and Geno was watching. Now, he may have been watching somebody on the opposite team, but he may very well have been watching Jess. Or both.

I would be surprised if they hadn't reached out.  Jessica could play for a team like Connecticut.  I think she's that good.  I mean, think about it this way.  She's a junior in high school and would probably have started for a Nebraska team that made the round of 32 and was ranked most of the season.  Which is different than saying she could have started for Wayne State or Wesleyan.  If there's a HS junior out there good enough to start for one of the top 30 teams in the country, I'd say she's good enough to get recruited by Connecticut.  Anyone think it's over-the-top hyperbole when I say I think she could have started in the post for Nebraska this year?

Theriot

Laudermill

Cady

Hooper

Shepard

Norm thanks for the reply, I wanted to know what other people thought if Jess had the talent to play for a UCONN. again thanks for the input.

I'm guessing with the position that UConn is in year after year, they touch base with every top 25-30 ranked kids just to see what kind of interest they have in UConn. Most likely at least half of them show some sort of interest and then UConn starts to guage what each player can do for them.