Gone

Guest tmoney1234

Guest tmoney1234

Wouldn't that have been cool for us this year if Ubel had redshirted?  Or if we'd kept Fahro?  (Sorry, old wound   ;)  )

And what he said about Tai being a true freshman, the way I took it, was more of a "can you believe this kid is just a true freshman?" than it was a "he's just a true freshman so he still has a ways to go" kind of thing.

Sounds like more proof of the whole Miles tanks his first season or two to make himself look better later.

I'm sorry but thats pretty selfish of a coach to ask a guy to redshirt and hold off his future career just because YOUR team might be a little better the next year.

Wouldn't that have been cool for us this year if Ubel had redshirted? Or if we'd kept Fahro? (Sorry, old wound ;) )

And what he said about Tai being a true freshman, the way I took it, was more of a "can you believe this kid is just a true freshman?" than it was a "he's just a true freshman so he still has a ways to go" kind of thing.

Sounds like more proof of the whole Miles tanks his first season or two to make himself look better later.

I'm sorry but thats pretty selfish of a coach to ask a guy to redshirt and hold off his future career just because YOUR team might be a little better the next year.

What's the hurt in asking? He still left it up to Brandon. Maybe Ubel would've wanted the chance to play on a better team and in the new arena. I don't see how it's selfish of Miles to at least give Brandon that opportunity. If Ubel would've wanted it, it would have benefitted both.

Wouldn't that have been cool for us this year if Ubel had redshirted?  Or if we'd kept Fahro?  (Sorry, old wound   ;)  )

Building towards the future is what Miles is doing.  Are there short gain loses, most definitely.

Purposing tanking?  Eye of the beholder I guess.

Let's try a follow up question on perception.

Guy joins a Husker Hoops message board and is a huge fan of Creighton.

Does he pick a name just because that is what he's used to using or does he specifically pick a non-Bluejay name so he can come on here and stir up controversy?  

Guest tmoney1234

Building towards the future is what Miles is doing.  Are there short gain loses, most definitely.

Does he pick a name just because that is what he's used to using or does he specifically pick a non-Bluejay name so he can come on here and stir up controversy?  

Controversy? Has the notion of Miles tanking not already been brought up elsewhere? No one is allowed to disagree with anything? If I say Nebraska won't beat Cincy will I be a Cincy homer too? Geez...sensitive people around here.

Controversy? Has the notion of Miles tanking not already been brought up elsewhere? No one is allowed to disagree with anything? If I say Nebraska won't beat Cincy will I be a Cincy homer too? Geez...sensitive people around here.

Maybe.

But do you think if one of us went over to the bluejayunderground and registered an account to just start talking about how Doug M is just a giant daddy's boy who doesn't guard we might get a little crap thrown at us?

Try participating for a little while before stirring up crap.  Then you might be given a little more leeway.

This is what the score is.

Controversy? - Said the guy who is a Huge Creighton Fan

Has the notion of Miles tanking not already been brought up elsewhere? - Said the guy who is a Huge Creighton Fan 

No one is allowed to disagree with anything? - Said the guy who is a Huge Creighton Fan 

If I say Nebraska won't beat Cincy will I be a Cincy homer too? - Said the guy who is a Huge Creighton Fan 

Geez...sensitive people around here. - Said the guy who is a Huge Creighton Fan 

I'm the admin, not a member. 

• 3 months later...

Don't think its fair to say a lot of the things in the first post, including everyone assuming that Baylor will beat you. Almost everyone acknowledges you guys are a different team than December. Baylor is a tough out and a good team and could potentially be a tought matchup so its ok to say they might beat you. Just as much as you say we are looking past ULL, which most fans aren't and I guarantee the team isn't, the same could be said about you guys, not your team, looking to Creighton. I assure you there will be plenty, if not most Creighton fans rooting for Nebraska and I'm expecting the same response from you guys, especially how we may or may not act the first game. Its great for the state.

Don't think its fair to say a lot of the things in the first post, including everyone assuming that Baylor will beat you. Almost everyone acknowledges you guys are a different team than December. Baylor is a tough out and a good team and could potentially be a tought matchup so its ok to say they might beat you. Just as much as you say we are looking past ULL, which most fans aren't and I guarantee the team isn't, the same could be said about you guys, not your team, looking to Creighton. I assure you there will be plenty, if not most Creighton fans rooting for Nebraska and I'm expecting the same response from you guys, especially how we may or may not act the first game. Its great for the state.

1 or 2 people at most said that. I looked. Most on your board are smart enough to stop making fun of us now because they know how embarrassing it would be should the unthinkable happen. This was posted 2 weeks ago on your dumb board:

"He is so excited about husker basketball and the (10%) chance of them making the tourny, that he feels the need to come on this board and stir the pot. Miles as COY is laughable considering the clown can't win on the road and since when does the 6th place team get COY??...Sorry Nebby, not this year. But good luck in the NIT and thanks for the laughs."

And we definitely won't be overlooking a 6 seed Baylor, a game most of us are extremely nervous about.

More from the Bluegenius Underground:

"The absolute only way NU gets a bid is by going 3-0, including a victory over Wisconsin, and THEN making it to the Big 10 semi-finals. That puts them at 21-11 headed into that game. Anything less than that isn't going to be enough. Remember, the committee knows NU has never won a game in the tournament. They know you haven't played in it since 1998. If it's close call, they are not going to be inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt."

followed by...

"I think Husker football fans just don't realize what goes into making the basketball tournament."

Also posted by you TAA on Feb. 27:

"In case anyone hasn't noticed Wisconsin has been playing much better since their mid season swoon. NU will lose at Indiana and against Wisco."

Get out of here.

Well I was right about Indiana and its not really far offbase to predict a team in the top 10 on an 8 game winning streak to win a game.

"In case anyone hasn't noticed Wisconsin has been playing much better since their mid season swoon. NU will lose at Indiana and against Wisco."

Get out of here.

Well I was right about Indiana and its not really far offbase to predict a team in the top 10 on an 8 game winning streak to win a game.

Really...were you right?

Get out of here.

Really...were you right?

Nevermind, got that mixed up with Illinois.

Not coming over here to argue...I'll be rooting for you guys

Get out of here.

Really...were you right?

Just keeps getting worse for him.  He should just pick up his ball and go home or I might have to ruin him like Double Douche. 

Get out of here.

Really...were you right?

Nevermind, got that mixed up with Illinois.

Not coming over here to argue...I'll be rooting for you guys

I just think it's funny that a guy a few weeks ago who claimed "I guess I'm made of cardboard" when a national analyst said you'd have to be made of cardboard to root against Nebraska to make the tournament, is now on our board saying he's going to root for us. Ok? Thanks I guess. We'll take all the support we can get down there.

Obviously didn't get across what I was going to say. Creighton fans will root for Nebraska as I'm sure you may also. Sunday could be fun, different team than December. We'll see what happens. Thats what I came here to say, got a loss mixed up with a win. Oh well. See you in SA.

A sampling of the posts by the nerd.  Should have seen him at the dumpster fire Valley tournament accepting tickets he won.  Talk about awkward. About coughed up my drink with that awkward "Go Jays" scream at the end.   And talk about a complete and utter idiot when it comes to basketball knowledge.  He are some of his thoughts. 

1.Re: Delusional

icon_post_target.gifby taa71458 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:40 pm

Definition of delusion from a poster on their board pregame tonight

Win tonight and we'll start having legitimate NCAA bubble conversations.

2. For the most part we hate NU (especially Mike Peltz, who I am always concerned about the welfare of our players when he's on the court)

3. This girl said yes to Mike Peltz...about as delusional as it gets
http://sports.omaha.com/2014/03/09/video-nus-mike-peltz-proposes-to-his-girlfriend-before-wisconsin-game/#video-husker-player-proposes-to-girlfriend-before-wisconsin-game

4. In case anyone hasn't noticed Wisconsin has been playing much better since their mid season swoon. NU will lose at Indiana and against Wisco.

5. Thanks for helping our RPI. Other than that, who cares?   Uh you must, if you are opening an account here

6.  What a bunch of nut jobs    With all due respect you are the nutjob opening an account here