Coach Miles Radio Hour - Nov 25

throwback

Shields' numbers down?

• He was getting upset with officiating i think
  • Just struggled in early part of tourney
  • Very good numbers vs Georgia in all aspects of the game
  • Stuck with it Sunday, didn't get his first basket until late, didn't let lack of scoring bother him, hit big shots for us late
  • He's almost too good about letting the game come to him, not selfish enough, probably need to run more stuff for him
THAT is a BRILLIANT way to criticize refs without getting in trouble yourself!!!

It wasn't ME getting upset with the officials, but my PLAYERS probably were struggling because they were upset with the officiating.

And then he should go on and say, y'know, when you're playing, it might seem like all the bad calls go against you. Like that charge on Deverell Biggs that they hadn't called all night long.

I used to shout to my players, "Calm down. I don't care how bad of a call you think that was there's nothing you can do about so focus on the things you can control." I got some looks from officials but there was really nothing they could do. T me up for telling my player not to complain to the official?