The Fahro

huskerhombre

This is only news because we ended up playing each other, btw.  Can anyone tell me what Jerran Young is even up to this year?

Actually it's news because we have no big guys, an open scholarship, and he is a guy that could have been on our team right now.

Fahro was actually mentioned on this board about a week ago when someone pointed out how well he was playing.

Are there really Fahro haters in Nebraska? I've never heard anyone express that sentiment. If anything, folks are disappointed that we didn't take him and benefit from him for two years instead of having Trevor Menke on scholarship. This is a strawman argument by Fahro. He has no Husker haters.

This is only news because we ended up playing each other, btw.  Can anyone tell me what Jerran Young is even up to this year?

Actually it is news b/c Miles himself said "we are one big away."  Norm also brought Fahro up a few weeks ago, before this game was really even on the radar. 

I wish we could go back and read the thoughts about this when he was initially cut.  I know I had a few at the time.

Actually it's news because we have no big guys, an open scholarship, and he is a guy that could have been on our team right now.

Fahro was actually mentioned on this board about a week ago when someone pointed out how well he was playing.

I've been bringing it up off and on for the last year.

Let me rephrase my latest statement though....it's only currently a hot issue because we just played them.  Had we just played Northern Texas we'd be having this conversation about Keith Coleman.

Seems to me that coach Miles tried...repeatedly...to reach out to Alihodzic while he was on his self-exile but did not get any response and basically said 'enough is enough' and decided he had to go in a different direction.

I think there are enough signs of a lack of character there to warrant some concern about the kid...and I think this tweet is just another example.  He should have the maturity by now to stay away from making sour grapes comments like that.  Whether there are any legit "haters" or not.  Just celebrate the win and move on, kid.

This is just what you would call a bad P.R. game for Miles.  Your team stunk up the court all the while one of your rejected (perceived as such anyway) recruits has a solid game against you.

Long run, Fahro wasn't going to be a difference maker for this program.  He might have made last year/this year marginally better.

Seems to me that coach Miles tried...repeatedly...to reach out to Alihodzic while he was on his self-exile but did not get any response and basically said 'enough is enough' and decided he had to go in a different direction.

I think there are enough signs of a lack of character there to warrant some concern about the kid...and I think this tweet is just another example.  He should have the maturity by now to stay away from making sour grapes comments like that.  Whether there are any legit "haters" or not.  Just celebrate the win and move on, kid.

He released Alihodzic 20 days after he was hired.

Miles likes to build programs from the ground up, and by ground, I mean he likes to set the bar so low that he has nowhere to go but up. We paid for it last year and are again this year and probably will next year. But in the long run, hopefully things get better. Let's just say I don't think our roster needed to be as bad as it was last year. Miles wasn't building for last year or this year, he's looking 2-3 years down the road, as frustrating as it may be.

Although I don't see how Sergej, now 5 games into his sophomore season, fits into the plan.