Maddie Simon picks Nebraska!

huskerfan8

Two commits this early and both hometown kids.  Jess, of course, was a Southeast Knight at the time she committed and Maddie is a Pius X Thunderbolt.

Speculation here:  I was wondering, if this was where Maddie wanted to go all along, why did it take her so long to commit when the offer's been out there for quite some time.  And it occurs to me that Husker women's basketball is becoming a hot ticket.  And they're getting into a position where they can start picking their recruits.

Is it possible that if Maddie had waited until next summer, July or August like it's typical to see kids committing, that the class might have filled up by then? In other words, get while the gettin's good?  Strike while the iron is hot?  She who hesitates is lost?

Congrats to Maddie.  Be happy to see her in a Husker uni like her mom.  Well, except a basketball one.

Two commits this early and both hometown kids.  Jess, of course, was a Southeast Knight at the time she committed and Maddie is a Pius X Thunderbolt.

Speculation here:  I was wondering, if this was where Maddie wanted to go all along, why did it take her so long to commit when the offer's been out there for quite some time.  And it occurs to me that Husker women's basketball is becoming a hot ticket.  And they're getting into a position where they can start picking their recruits.

Is it possible that if Maddie had waited until next summer, July or August like it's typical to see kids committing, that the class might have filled up by then? In other words, get while the gettin's good?  Strike while the iron is hot?  She who hesitates is lost?

Congrats to Maddie.  Be happy to see her in a Husker uni like her mom.  Well, except a basketball one.

Norm--are you off a year?  She's only a junior.  Do the majority of kids really commit now in July or August when signing date isn't until 15 month from then?  If we have gotten to the point where committing almost 2 years prior to enrollment is "taking so long to commit", then the world is getting whacky.  I realize Shepard and the Rolfzen twins pulled the trigger years in advance, but I wouldn't call Simon's verbal as coming late.