Recruiting Corn-Husker-copia: Women Ink Top 20 Class

Row6Seat10

Huskers end up adding 5 top level recruits in what could be considered a Top 10 recruiting class.

Kaylee%20Page.jpg

http://espn.go.com/h.../158/class/2014The national letter of intent signing day is tomorrow and runs thru next Wednesday the 20th. The Huskers are expecting to receive 4 letters which could actually be the best class in Husker recruiting history. There a remote possibility that the Huskers could receive a 5th letter but that possibility has most likely less than a 2% chance of happening.

They are expecting to get letters from the following players.

Kaylee Page 6'2 - wing/forward from Wamega High School in Wamega, KS.
Natalie Romeo 5'8 - guard from Carondelet High School in Concord, CA
Jasmine Cincore 5'9 - guard from BriarCrest Christian High School in Memphis, TN
Darien Washington 6'3 - center from Skyline High School in Oakland, CA.

ESPNW has the Huskers recruiting class rated as the 16th best in the nation this year. Should the remote chance of landing a 5th happen it would most likely be Chandler Smith a 6'1 wing from Brewster High School in Brewster, WA.

Kaylee Page and Natalie Romeo are both ranked fairly high in most recruiting outlets. Here's to hoping all four have successful and healthy senior seasons.

Click here to view the article

ESPNW has an article that has a A-Z guide all about the letter of intent signing period. And a video of some of the top prospects on where they're going to school and why they chose that school including our own Kaylee Page!

Y: Connie Yori continues to push the Nebraska program in the right direction. Coming off a Sweet 16 appearance, Nebraska has landed a 16th-ranked class. The headliner of the class is Kaylee Page, a 6-foot-2 wing and the No. 42 prospect in the nation. The Huskers' class also includes Natalie Romeo (5-7 point guard at No. 55), Jasmine Cincore (three-star wing from Tennessee) and Darrien Washington (6-2 guard from California).

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/9965508/hoopgurlz-ucla-bruins-duke-blue-devils-connecticut-huskies-south-carolina-gamecocks-notre-dame-fighting-irish-boast-top-recruiting-classes-early-signing-period-approaches

The national letter of intent signing day is tomorrow and runs thru next Wednesday the 20th. The Huskers are expecting to receive 4 letters which could actually be the best class in Husker recruiting history. There a remote possibility that the Huskers could receive a 5th letter but that possibility has most likely less than a 2% chance of happening. 

Jasmine Cincore 5'9 - guard from BriarCrest Christian High School in Memphis, TN

ESPNW has the Huskers recruiting class rated as the 16th best in the nation this year. Should the remote chance of landing a 5th happen it would most likely be Chandler Smith a 6'1 wing from Brewster High School in Brewster, WA.

Kaylee Page and Natalie Romeo are both ranked fairly high in most recruiting outlets. Here's to hoping all four have successful and healthy senior seasons.

Is Jess Sheppard a junior or senior this year.

The national letter of intent signing day is tomorrow and runs thru next Wednesday the 20th. The Huskers are expecting to receive 4 letters which could actually be the best class in Husker recruiting history. There a remote possibility that the Huskers could receive a 5th letter but that possibility has most likely less than a 2% chance of happening. 

Is Jess Sheppard a junior or senior this year.

Junior

Here you go HB!.... That less than 2% chance of signing 4 star Chandler Smith out of Brewster, WA just reversed itself and became a better than 98% chance! The Huskers have their 5th recruit in this already outstanding class.  The future looks very bright in PBA!

https://twitter.com/ChrisHansenPSB/status/401905821682253824

3672864bfa-20120224-091509-pic-134465082

Here you go HB!.... That less than 2% chance of signing 4 star Chandler Smith out of Brewster, WA just reversed itself and became a better than 98% chance! The Huskers have their 5th recruit in this already outstanding class.  The future looks very bright in PBA!

https://twitter.com/ChrisHansenPSB/status/401905821682253824

3672864bfa-20120224-091509-pic-134465082

Hope it's okay that I went back and got her info from the 2014 class that you posted ROW 6.

Chandler Smith (2014) 6'1 wing from Brewster WA. Fundamental perimeter performer handles and attacks in transition; court awareness, reads pressure, passes with IQ on break; elevates on mid-range game to the arc with soft touch; a sleeper in the 2014 class. Arizona St. Nebraska, Oregon St, Baylor, Washington St, Gonzaga and Oregon all showing interest.

Nice reporting, Row 6!   She must have located that phone number she lost!

Does this mean Romeo and Theriot will spend a lot of time at the 2-3?  Are they all interchangeable?

Not sure they even have a phone line running out to where she lives! She's from Brewster WA which is located in between Spokane and Seattle and a little bit north. Chandler lives on a ranch in a remote area of Washington ....does that remind you of anyone? I think the last ranch hand the Huskers got has done pretty well for herself! B)

She's 6'1 so I'm guessing she'll be at the 2 splitting with Theriot or maybe even the 3. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Natalie's B1G day!

DSC_0069-1024x678.jpg

Natalie's family her Dad, Vince, her mom, brother Vince Jr. & sister Camille.

“Right now, I’m trying to focus on my senior year, and of course I think about next season,” Romeo said.  “I’m just going to practice as hard as I can, and whatever happens I’ll be happy,” she said about her time in Nebraska next season.

The distance is an obstacle that will keep her parents from being able to catch all of her games, which Romeo said was a comforting fact most of her life, but the Romeo family has already made plans to fly out and watch their daughter and sister play.

Although the distance did have her considering other local options, when the senior guard took a summer visit to Nebraska, it made her decision easier.

“I visited in the beginning of summer, and I loved the campus when I went there. As I visited other schools, I just knew Nebraska was it,” Romeo said. “I am so excited; I just want to go there now.”

Martinez guard turns Cornhusker

Kaylee's B1G Day!

Kaylee%20Page.jpg

Wamego High School Senior Kaylee Page (center front) signed a letter of intent to play basketball at the University of Nebraska in a ceremony Thursday. Page is entering her fourth year on the Lady Raiders team, the reigning 4A state champions. Also pictured: (front) Mother Wendy Page and Jana Biery, assistant coach; (back) Coach (and Father) Jim Page and sister, Lanie Page.

Wamego's Kaylee Page signs with Nebraska

Nice reporting, Row 6!   She must have located that phone number she lost!

Does this mean Romeo and Theriot will spend a lot of time at the 2-3?  Are they all interchangeable?

Yes they're pretty interchangeable. I think the great thing about Yori's offense is that it allows for versatile girls like Hooper and Cady to play nearly every spot on the floor as needed. I think that's why we are seeing them go after & signing tall guards who can handle the ball. Essentially anyone can bring the ball up and run a motion offense. My guess is Romeo at PG, Smith & Cincore play wing, Page plays the 4 (similar to Cady) and obviously Washintgton at post. I also see Shepard (2015) playing the 4.

Exciting times ahead. GBR!

Husker Nation -

Congratulations on your 2014 recruiting class.  I typically do not comment in forums but because Chandler Smith recently signed with Nebraska I couldn't help myself.  I am close to the Smith family and have been watching her play basketball since the 7th grade.  ESPN lists her as a wing but she is really a true point guard. She is very unselfish and loves to get her teammates involved which is a testament to her high school basketball success.  She led them to a state championship last year and should make another strong run at it this year.  She is the type of player that could score 40 points a game but would rather spread the ball around.  I think her passing ability and court vision is the best in Washington. 

Baylor, Arizona State, Gonzaga, Washington State, and Oregon State all wanted her as a point guard so it will be interesting to see how Nebraska uses her. Ultimately, I think she can play anywhere and she has a great attitude to go with that.  She will play wherever she can best help her team.  

Chandler is a great kid and I couldn't be more happier for her to choose Nebraska. Please take care of her Husker Fans, especially all you farmers and ranchers out there - she may need to drive a tractor or ride a horse once and while so she can feel at home!