Parking

Merlin

Can you park in the festival parking lot if you don't have a pass? If you don't need a pass how much do they charge?

The festival lot is run by SMG and you don't need a pass. The info I saw said event parking for the festival lot runs from $3 to $10 depending on the event. I think I remember reading in that insert magazine that came in the paper a couple months ago that it was going to be $5 for basketball but who knows if that was accurate or if that has changed.

Can you park in the festival parking lot if you don't have a pass? If you don't need a pass how much do they charge?

The festival lot is run by SMG and you don't need a pass. The info I saw said event parking for the festival lot runs from $3 to $10 depending on the event. I think I remember reading in that insert magazine that came in the paper a couple months ago that it was going to be $5 for basketball but who knows if that was accurate or if that has changed.

Given it was $4 at the Devaney, $5 seems like something that would be charged this year.

Heres a link from the PBA website. It's a form for reserved parking within the festival space lot. They want $160 for 16 games. It says a certain number of spots will be reserved in that lot and the rest will be public. So that's $10 a game. I don't know if that's going to be the going rate for the entire lot or just the guaranteed reserved spots which are probably the closest spots in that lot.

http://www.pinnaclebankarena.com/visit/parking.html

Just an FYI...be prepared for a nightmare today with parking.  My parents went to the women's game yesterday and said that all the garages are one lane to get in and that there is only one person taking tickets at the garages. Said it took half an hr to get out of the parking garage after the game.  Other frustrating thing is...for the men's game, my dad and I park in the lot right next to the post office. It's about 35 feet from one of the other entrances to the Arena...HOWEVER....there is a chain link fence clear around the lot so we have to walk 3 blocks to get to around the post office and to the arena. While the Arena is first class...I can't even begin to count the ways this city dropped the ball on parking for this place. :angry: 

Just an FYI...be prepared for a nightmare today with parking.  My parents went to the women's game yesterday and said that all the garages are one lane to get in and that there is only one person taking tickets at the garages. Said it took half an hr to get out of the parking garage after the game.  Other frustrating thing is...for the men's game, my dad and I park in the lot right next to the post office. It's about 35 feet from one of the other entrances to the Arena...HOWEVER....there is a chain link fence clear around the lot so we have to walk 3 blocks to get to around the post office and to the arena. While the Arena is first class...I can't even begin to count the ways this city dropped the ball on parking for this place. :angry:

I had scouted out the parking options earlier and noticed that problem with the lot north of the post office.  The sidewalk to the north entrance to the arena is right on the other side of that fence.  It is ridiculous that they did not put a gate in there so people parking in that lot could just walk right over to the north arena entrance.  You have to go up stairst - but the walking distance would be about 1/10 as far.   People are really going to hate that when it gets cold - and I will not be at all surprised if you see people trying to go over that fence in a couple places.  Not sure how someone could look at that and decide to not give that lot access to the north arena entrance.  Hopefully that will be fixed soon. 

How is the garage parking handled for women's games?  Is the garage south of the arena just set up for event parking for people with a prepurchased pass - or are they selling spots there to the public.   If it is the latter I can see why it would be much slower.  For men's games you can only park in that garage if you have a pass.  That is how it also has been for concerts and for those getting in and out has not been as bad as I thought it would be.  Not great - but not horrible either. 

I do agree with the statement that you should plan on getting their earlier than you did for Devaney and don't think you are going to get out any more quickly - particularly for these first few games.   Hopefully as people get used to the arena and the way traffic is supposed to flow it will get better during the season.

I still think they should figure out a way to develop the area across the tracks to the west from PBA.  A pedestrian footbridge from there brings you a lot closer by foot than walking over the new bridge from Haymarket Park.  Perhaps they could even do a "sky walk" kind of thing crossing over from the west and have you go directly into the Red 1 garage just south of PBA.  I'm thinking it would be a mutually beneficial arrangement if people could go from one side of the tracks to the other by going over them instead of around them.

I had scouted out the parking options earlier and noticed that problem with the lot north of the post office.  The sidewalk to the north entrance to the arena is right on the other side of that fence.  It is ridiculous that they did not put a gate in there so people parking in that lot could just walk right over to the north arena entrance.  You have to go up stairst - but the walking distance would be about 1/10 as far.   People are really going to hate that when it gets cold - and I will not be at all surprised if you see people trying to go over that fence in a couple places.  Not sure how someone could look at that and decide to not give that lot access to the north arena entrance.  Hopefully that will be fixed soon. 

How is the garage parking handled for women's games?  Is the garage south of the arena just set up for event parking for people with a prepurchased pass - or are they selling spots there to the public.   If it is the latter I can see why it would be much slower.  For men's games you can only park in that garage if you have a pass.  That is how it also has been for concerts and for those getting in and out has not been as bad as I thought it would be.  Not great - but not horrible either. 

I do agree with the statement that you should plan on getting their earlier than you did for Devaney and don't think you are going to get out any more quickly - particularly for these first few games.   Hopefully as people get used to the arena and the way traffic is supposed to flow it will get better during the season.

Parking for women's...even though it's going to be a lot fewer tickets was set up exactly the same way it's set up for men's.

oh yeah and about the people not liking it. yeah count my dad in that.  he had hip replacement surgery just about a month and a half ago...and is still having a hard time walking great distances. Doubt he's going to be doing much fence climbing. ;)

Question...can we park in the parking lot by the baseball/softball complex?  I assume I may be charged for it, but I would like to park there and then just walk across the bride to the game. I'm young enough, so this doesn't bother me :) 

That is where I parked for the scrimmage deal, just hoping its open tonight too. 

Parking for women's...even though it's going to be a lot fewer tickets was set up exactly the same way it's set up for men's.

oh yeah and about the people not liking it. yeah count my dad in that.  he had hip replacement surgery just about a month and a half ago...and is still having a hard time walking great distances. Doubt he's going to be doing much fence climbing. ;)

We went down there for a late lunch last Saturday and apparently there was a women's game already going on.  It was like 2:30pm, the garage just south of the arena said "event parking $8".  We told the lady we weren't going to the game, but she said that was the price for the next 15 minutes so I just sucked it up and paid the $8.  Seems a bit steep to me, I won't make that mistake again.  I wouldn't go to a women's game for free, let alone pay to park.  It's not ideal down there yet.

One more thing as I'm AWFUL remembering directions...if I'm coming from I-80 (Omaha).....what is my best way to get to the baseball/softball complex parking?  Did somebody say Sun Valley Street?  Last time I accidentally went past it, got too close to the arena and it was tough getting turned around.  Any help is appreciated.

One more thing as I'm AWFUL remembering directions...if I'm coming from I-80 (Omaha).....what is my best way to get to the baseball/softball complex parking?  Did somebody say Sun Valley Street?  Last time I accidentally went past it, got too close to the arena and it was tough getting turned around.  Any help is appreciated.

yes...Sun Valley. then just take the overpass from Hay Market Park over.

Ok.....so say I get off the 9th street exit and head south towards the arena.  Will I see Sun Valley and then I head to the west side of the parking lot?

I'm sorry....I'm awful with directions and not from Lincoln.

Thanks again.

yeah I know what you mean...I have problems with driving in Omaha. I didn't want to give you wrong directions....so just googled it.

Omaha, NE
Get on I-80 W
2.5 mi / 6 min
Follow I-80 W to Cornhusker Hwy in Lincoln. Take the W Cornhusker Hwy exit from I-180 S/US-34
51.2 mi / 45 min
Continue on Cornhusker Hwy. Take N 11th St and Sun Valley Blvd to Line Dr Cir
1.7 mi / 5 min

Ok.....so say I get off the 9th street exit and head south towards the arena.  Will I see Sun Valley and then I head to the west side of the parking lot?

I'm sorry....I'm awful with directions and not from Lincoln.

Thanks again.

When you get off on the 9th street exit you will want to then exit EAST off on Cornhusker.

You essentially take your first right south towards the McDonalds and keep right...this will turn into Sun Valley

Has anyone been able to confirm whether or not they'll be charging to park in Lots 19, 20 or 21 at Haymarket Park?

i can't confirm it...but since that lot was one of the choices that we were given to park when my dad ordered his tickets...I would think so.

Just pulled this up on line http://www.pinnaclebankarena.com/visit/

I don't see lot 21 but 19 and 20 are $5 each.

It's a little tough to tell from the maps they sent out, but I think it looks like parking at the baseball complex will range from $5 to $10, depending on how close to the pedestrian bridge you are. Parking north of the softball field may cost less because it's the farthest from the bridge, but it also could be $10 to park everywhere in there - the maps aren't clear.

The pedestrian bridge will release you right at the northern arena gate, which is great. The walk across the bridge into the cold north wind won't be fun this winter though.

To get to the baseball complex, if you take the Cornhusker Hwy/Airport exit off I-80 and then head east on Cornhusker to 1st street, you then can turn south and that will wind around Oak Lake and hook into Sun Valley just north of Line Drive, which leads into the baseball complex. Fastest way in & out of the baseball complex for those coming from & getting back to I-80 I think.

As a side note, parking around Oak Lake should be free, if you don't mind walking a couple of extra blocks to the baseball complex and then to the pedestrian bridge. It'll be interesting to see if the parking gods try to cut off this option at some point, especially if they're trying to charge $10 in the entire baseball complex.