WBB: Exhibition vs Nebraska-Kearney

Row6Seat10

Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Nebraska-Kearney Lopers

Sunday, Nov. 3, 2 p.m.
Pinnacle Bank Arena

Radio: Husker Sports Network (PBP-Matt Coatney; Analyst-Jeff Griesch)
KCOW-AM 1400, Alliance; KNEB-FM 94.1, Scottsbluff; KGFW-AM 1340, Kearney; KFMT-FM 105.5, Fremont; KBLR-FM 97.3, Blair

Free Live Audio: Huskers.com

Live Video: Not Available

NJDKLQABALTCTDS.20111106221344.JPG

Huskers Wrap Up Exhibition Play at PBA by Battling UNK

The #17 Nebraska women’s basketball team concludes its two-game exhibition season by playing host to Nebraska-Kearney at Pinnacle Bank Arena, Nov. 3rd.

Nebraska-Kearney comes to Lincoln looking to rebound from a 7-18 campaign in 2012-13. The Lopers battled their way to a 4-14 record and a 13th-place finish in their first season in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association a year ago.

Fourth-year coach Kevin Chaney brings a more experienced UNK squad to Lincoln this season. The Lopers return three starters and seven letterwinners from last year’s team, led by senior Shelby Zimmerman. Seniors Nicole Arp and Sarah Hix will add leadership and experience for UNK.

Nebraska will face Nebraska-Kearney for the 13th consecutive season in exhibition action when the two teams meet Sunday at Pinnacle Bank Arena. The Huskers have won all 12 exhibition meetings.

Probable Starters:

Nebraska Cornhuskers
3 - Hailie Sample - 6-1 - Jr. - F
23 - Emily Cady - 6-2 - Jr. - F
35 - Jordan Hooper - 6-2 - Sr. - F
33 - Rachel Theriot - 6-0 - So. - G
13 - Brandi Jeffery - 5-7 - Jr. - G

Nebraska-Kearney Lopers
33 - Amarah Williams - 6-3 - Jr. - F
1 - Nicole Arp - 5-6 - Sr. - G
15 - Laramey Lewis - 5-8 - So. - G
20 - Sarah Hix - 5-8 - Sr. - G
35 - Shelby Zimmerman - 5-10 - Sr. - G/F

Rachel Theriot sat out in the first exhibition game against Pittsburg State because of an ankle sprain. As of right now, she says the injury is almost healed, so she’s hoping to play in the game Sunday.

“I expect to play as best as I can,” Theriot said. “I’m sure by the time the game comes, it will be completely healed. I’m just trying to take it one game at a time, one step at a time.”

All-American Jordan Hooper scored 21 points to lead six Huskers in double figures, as Nebraska cruised to a 98-47 exhibition win over Pittsburg State last Sunday.

Nebraska drew a home exhibition record crowd of 4,782 last Sunday vs Pittsburg St.

Nebraska was voted the preseason pick to win the Big Ten regular-season title by both conference coaches and media in 2014 announced at the B1G Media Day.

does anyone on here sit close to section 118 row 8 ? that is where I sit and I wont be making the trip to Lincoln today and haven't been in my seats yet. I was wondering if some body could post some pictures from that area, I have seats 5,6.

Sorry for no pic, Bugeaters.  I was a ways away.  But trust me, your seats are sweet.  Very sweet. 

Hoping someone was there from the board. 

Would be interested in hearing what you think. Especially how did Theriot look.

She looked a little rusty to me.  But showed no sign of injury.

We struggled offensively, and shooting the ball.  Katie Simon might have had the most fouls per fewest minutes in history. 

EDIT:  Simon fouled out in 7 minutes of play.

does anyone on here sit close to section 118 row 8 ? that is where I sit and I wont be making the trip to Lincoln today and haven't been in my seats yet. I was wondering if some body could post some pictures from that area, I have seats 5,6.

Sorry for no pic, Bugeaters.  I was a ways away.  But trust me, your seats are sweet.  Very sweet. 

Thanks HB looking forward to Friday's tip.

75-34 final score. Didn't look as sharp as we did a week ago. Especially at the guard spot. UCLA will give the Huskers a run for their money if they play the way they did today. At one time I looked up during the first half and our shooting percentage was at 12%  Hooper & Cady looked good on the boards. JHoop wound up scoring 20 points and nabbing 11 rebounds, while EC had 11 points and 12 boards. Too many turnovers (22) !

4668 in attendance.

Hannah Tvrdy had 11 points, 8 points for T Laudermill, and 7 for Allie Havers.

Here's a question. If you have players not good enough to play in a blow out exhibition game why were they even recruited?

75-34 final score. Didn't look as sharp as we did a week ago. Especially at the guard spot. UCLA will give the Huskers a run for their money if they play the way they did today. At one time I looked up during the first half and our shooting percentage was at 12%  Hooper & Cady looked good on the boards. JHoop wound up scoring 20 points and nabbing 11 rebounds, while EC had 11 points and 12 boards. Too many turnovers (22) !

4668 in attendance.

Here's a question. If you have players not good enough to play in a blow out exhibition game why were they even recruited?

Yeah, I'm not sure why the Ramicieri girl didn't play more.  If she's not good enough to play in these games, probably a miss.  I think maybe she played around 3-4 minutes in a blowout.

4668 in attendance.

Last week Yori said that she was behind quite a bit in regards to the others.

heard scuttle-butt of seating above.  my tickets are in row b or in row 1 behind the scorers table.  can't see one minute of game.  also to far under scoreboard  to see the husker vision without serious cramping.  i will of coarse be opting for the cheap seats next year.  paying for premium to not watch a game is not in my interest