Fan Negativity! Why are Husker basketball fans better than football?

PimpMario

If Tim Miles isn't winning games next year the positivity may be gone.  Really, this year probably gets long for some of the new ticket holders.

Maybe it's because I care about NU basketball too much, and have too much faith in Miles, but I don't think the positivity will fade for a few more years.  I agree that this season will get long for some people.  Fortunately we're in a league with enough big name teams to keep people going to the games late into the season. 

I do think they'll sell out the bank again next year if we get 14 or more wins. 

Why do you think Husker basketball fans are so much more positive than Husker football fans?

I think there's two things involved:

1) One game typically has a greater impact/swing in a football season than it does in a basketball season

2) Although many may not want to hear this, there is a mixture of entitlement, expectations, and living in the past when it comes to some (not all) Husker football fans

Had to get the Mello Mushroom before the crowd you know. :)

Wow, how times have changed.  Back in the day, we used to take them with us....   ;)

What do you mean, "back in the day?" I was so tripped out at a BB game a few years ago, I thought that I was seeing grandmothers dance at halftime.

Funny how we self proclaimed ourselves the "greatest fans in college football" but I don't buy it.  I could make the arguement that NU fans are the most loyal but as far as greatest fans, there are other schools that are just as good but they just don't brag about it like NU fans like to do.

Funny how we self proclaimed ourselves the "greatest fans in college football" but I don't buy it.  I could make the arguement that NU fans are the most loyal but as far as greatest fans, there are other schools that are just as good but they just don't brag about it like NU fans like to do.

For a relatively humble state I actually find it kind of cool that this is the thing that we choose to be the most vocally proud about.

But in addition to NU fans bragging about, it ("it" being that generally Nebraska fans are special) is frequently mentioned by opposing coaches, broadcasters, and national media.  I have also heard from many longtime Big 10 fans across Big 10 territory that they have been blown away (in a positive sense) by our fans, and that they are indeed different (better) than fans of most other Big 10 schools.  So it just isn't a "self-proclaimed" thing, there has long been a chorus of it from others.

But in addition to NU fans bragging about, it ("it" being that generally Nebraska fans are special) is frequently mentioned by opposing coaches, broadcasters, and national media.  I have also heard from many longtime Big 10 fans across Big 10 territory that they have been blown away (in a positive sense) by our fans, and that they are indeed different (better) than fans of most other Big 10 schools.  So it just isn't a "self-proclaimed" thing, there has long been a chorus of it from others.

It's one thing to be humble. It's another thing to be arrogant. I would hope that Nebraska fans would choose the humble route and not want to boast about being the "Greatest Fans in College Football."

The only thing that I dislike more than the Husker fans who sprain their arms patting themselves on the back about how great they are, are the ones who piss and moan about it...in my opinion, it's a non issue and I just wish people would stop talking about it.

OK, that's cool.  As long as everyone's in agreement that WE ARE THE GREATEST!!!

Not that we get any award for that or anything.  Just the satisfaction of knowing it.  That's enough for me.

:D