HHCC - Predict Husker Win Total

UsAlways_AJS

I hope everyone gets involved again for our annual Husker Hoops Central Challenge.  Each game we guess the score of the game.  Last year we had around 55 active members...let's beat that this year.

First challenge...just predict the final win total for the REGULAR SEASON (30 total games).  Post your win total prediction in this thread for it to count.  Must be in before tip-off of FGCU game.

The normal rational side of me says 10 games.  We have the toughest OOC schedule we have had since I have been a fan and the B1G is stacked again.

The crazy fan in me says 12. I see 6 wins in OOC and at most 6 in conference.

The out of this world shoot for the moon side of me knows that 16 is our magic number for making post season.  If we can just get to 16 we probably make the NIT; and if not we can go to one of the lesser tournaments.

The crazy thing is that if we can find a way to be on pace to win half our games we only have to steal a couple at the end to make the tournament.  

The normal rational side of me says 10 games.  We have the toughest OOC schedule we have had since I have been a fan and the B1G is stacked again.

The crazy fan in me says 12. I see 6 wins in OOC and at most 6 in conference.

Our non-conf schedule is not that difficult.  We play 12 non-conf games and we have 5 automatic, sure-fire wins.  That means we would only have win 1 out of 7 competitive games to get to 6 wins.  If this team ends up with 12 wins or less, that would be disappointing to say the least.

Non-Conference (0-0) (with KenPom Rankings):

112. Florida Gulf Coast

261. Western Illinois

343. South Carolina State

---Charleston Classic---

60. Umass

17./82. New Mexico/UAB

96./81./122./88. Clemson/Davidson/Georgia/Temple

336. Northern Illinois

---B1G/ACC Challenge---

62. Miami

13. @Creighton

189. Arkansas State

342. The Citadel

45. @Cincinnati

16 seems tough but seems realistic, and 18 would be absolute best case scenario.  I would be extremely disappointed with anything less than 12.  Our non-conference looks tough, but Miles showed sparks of genius with this schedule, without any unwinnable games going into Big Ten play, but still having the ability to boost RPI.