2013-2014 KenPom Rankings Thread

HuskerActuary

Lunardi's brackets are a joke, just something to get him face time on ESPN. It's like he doesn't take into consideration anything that could happen the rest of the season. While any December bracket is kind of ridiculous on its face, this one at least has some sense to it:

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-tournament/bracketology/

UNO is listed, even though they're ineligible. Interesting, though.

I usually go to warrennolan.com  for the entertainment value.  He has a conference predictor on his.  I don't think it's accurate at all though.  Not because he has us going 8-10 in conference, but because he has our rpi going from 80 to 143 if that happens.  There is no way that we go 8-10 in conference that our rpi drops, let alone dropping 60 points.

Lunardi's brackets are a joke, just something to get him face time on ESPN. It's like he doesn't take into consideration anything that could happen the rest of the season. While any December bracket is kind of ridiculous on its face, this one at least has some sense to it:

When does UNO become eligible? Is there a certain time period after moving up a division that you become eligible? Sorry if thats a stupid question.

When does UNO become eligible? Is there a certain time period after moving up a division that you become eligible? Sorry if thats a stupid question.

Three or four years after joining up, I believe.

I seriously don't understand that transition period.  It might cost them a trip to the dance this year.

Sorry for continuing the digression. :rolleyes:

Sorry to further digress by responding. I think you get four years for transition, the NCAA has guidelines for making sure things progress, presumably because they don't want Joe's University throwing up a "Now NCAA Division I" sign out in front of their admin building. I'm pretty sure UNO has one more year in purgatory and is eligible in 1915-16. btw, they looked pretty tough against Minnesota (tied at half), they're one big man away from being a pretty darn good team.

I seriously don't understand that transition period. It might cost them a trip to the dance this year.

Sorry to further digress by responding. I think you get four years for transition, the NCAA has guidelines for making sure things progress, presumably because they don't want Joe's University throwing up a "Now NCAA Division I" sign out in front of their admin building. I'm pretty sure UNO has one more year in purgatory and is eligible in 1915-16. btw, they looked pretty tough against Minnesota (tied at half), they're one big man away from being a pretty darn good team.

Think you meant 2015-16 ;) and their big men play is arguably stronger than ours so far this season.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.  Here are today's KenPom Rankings:

Kenpom rankings as of 12-22-13.
==============================

B1G (0-0):
2. Ohio State
7. Wisconsin
11. Michigan State
14. Iowa
23. Michigan
34. Minnesota
46. Indiana
51. Illinois

74. Penn State

88. Purdue

92. Nebraska

116. Northwestern

Non-Conference (8-3):
210. Florida Gulf Coast - W
266. Western Illinois - W
345. South Carolina State - W

---Charleston Classic---
22. UMass - L
91. UAB - L
150. Georgia - W

288. Northern Illinois - W

---B1G/ACC Challenge---
102. Miami - W

18. @Creighton - L
197. Arkansas State - W
339. The Citadel - W
39. @Cincinnati

Other teams of interest:
64. Maryland (7-5)
173. Omaha (8-4)

199. Rutgers (5-7)

I seriously don't understand that transition period.  It might cost them a trip to the dance this year.

Sounds like a common theme for all D1 teams in this state...

Not a whole lot of movement in the past few weeks.  Here are today's KenPom Rankings:

Kenpom rankings as of 12-29-13.

B1G (0-0):
2. Ohio State
7. Wisconsin
12. Michigan State
13. Iowa
20. Michigan
34. Minnesota
48. Indiana
49. Illinois

83. Penn State

85. Purdue

94. Nebraska

121. Northwestern

Non-Conference (8-4):
210. Florida Gulf Coast - W
255. Western Illinois - W
347. South Carolina State - W

---Charleston Classic---
23. UMass - L
93. UAB - L
150. Georgia - W

270. Northern Illinois - W

---B1G/ACC Challenge---
91. Miami - W

16. @Creighton - L
194. Arkansas State - W
340. The Citadel - W
35. @Cincinnati - L

Other teams of interest:
68. Maryland (7-5)
155. Omaha (10-4)

208. Rutgers (6-7)

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody!

Despite the loss we move up a couple spots.  Also, Penn State and Purdue have swapped places and look at UNO!  They NEED to be on our schedule.  Here are today's KenPom Rankings:

Kenpom rankings as of 1-1-14.

B1G (0-1):
2. Ohio State
7. Wisconsin
10. Michigan State
15. Iowa - L
20. Michigan
34. Minnesota
48. Indiana
51. Illinois

85. Purdue