Inside presence

hoop_head

So is Havers the tallest player Yori has had at Nebraska? I cannot remember any other player listed at 6'5".

Saw this quote in the LJS from Coach Yori.

“She’s a 6-5 kid who’s a little bit on the thin side,” Yori said. “She’s going to be one of our backup post players. She’s already made a huge jump in the weeks we’ve been practicing. She’s a lot like an Emily and Jordan (Hooper) in that they are kids that have size but aren’t that thick. Allie does have a pretty good inside game. She’s our best low-post scorer and I think she’ll help us.”

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/nu-women-have-tough-breaks/article_92528786-2c74-5d55-8972-416c9de8e7bd.html

Now she's still listed as F but this certainly helps to have a larger body if needed in certain match ups. Anyone go to the Big Red Tip-Off? Please tell me what you think. I'm assuming there was some 5 vs. 5 going on.

Thanks caveman. I was really hoping they might put it on video stream like the men's was, so it's nice to hear from folks that were there. 

This is the women's team don't forget.

True, but if women's volleyball can become a premiere sport, why not women's hoops? Program has been successful enough to earn some respect from Nebraska Athletics. Support it...not like they don't have the resources. /shrug

Thanks caveman. I was really hoping they might put it on video stream like the men's was, so it's nice to hear from folks that were there. 

True, but if women's volleyball can become a premiere sport, why not women's hoops? Program has been successful enough to earn some respect from Nebraska Athletics. Support it...not like they don't have the resources. /shrug

I would agree hoop_head but it just seems women's sports in general don't get the respect that the mens sports do. I have friends that just have no desire to watch a women's BB game. They say to may turnovers etc. etc. etc.

I would agree hoop_head but it just seems women's sports in general don't get the respect that the mens sports do. I have friends that just have no desire to watch a women's BB game. They say to may turnovers etc. etc. etc.

Too many turnovers? If you ran the stats I'd guess the difference is minute. Yori's teams are solid fundamentally and play a fun brand of basketball. What my experience is that your friends might as well say "I don't want to get made fun of for caring about women's hoops". But they don't say that out loud because they're Husker fans. Meanwhile, no problem discussing volleyball on various Husker forums. I'm not speaking for your friends, but just the average Husker football fan. 

It will help if Miles can get the men's team back from the cellar. That way, no shame in supporting both. Seriously, that alone would increase women's attendance by 1/4 at least, more as time goes on.

Too many turnovers? If you ran the stats I'd guess the difference is minute. Yori's teams are solid fundamentally and play a fun brand of basketball. What my experience is that your friends might as well say "I don't want to get made fun of for caring about women's hoops". But they don't say that out loud because they're Husker fans. Meanwhile, no problem discussing volleyball on various Husker forums. I'm not speaking for your friends, but just the average Husker football fan. 

It will help if Miles can get the men's team back from the cellar. That way, no shame in supporting both. Seriously, that alone would increase women's attendance by 1/4 at least, more as time goes on.

The reason I like the women's game is that it is played more like it was meant to be played with finesse and fundamentals. The turnovers like 20 from one team type of thing.

The reason I like the women's game is that it is played more like it was meant to be played with finesse and fundamentals. The turnovers like 20 from one team type of thing.

/high five

I'm right there with ya.