• The NU Dungeon
    • Miles High Club
    • The Haymarket Exchange
    • The Cornfield
    • Big Red Bench
    • The Salt Creek Saloon
    • The Talk Exchange
    • Haymarket Hardwood

So if we want people (new/old/irregular) to find this place, keeping those keywords (Devaney Dungeon) intact would be a solid idea. It doesn't really matter that we don't play in the Devaney Center any more. Bob Devaney is still an important NU icon, so it still fits.

Having said that, this board has TWO NAMES. The main title is "Husker Hoops Central" and really, it should continue to be known by that. It just so happens that one of the forum names (DD) is more popular than the actual site's name. Which is kinda weird.

Therefore, I'm also kinda, pretty much, maybe, sorta on board for just calling this sub-forum "Men's Basketball". I think something like the following labels would make the most sense...

That's what I'm saying.

We don't need to be all cute about it.  This is Husker Hoops Central, and this is the Men's Basketball subforum.  That's it.

That's what I'm saying.

We don't need to be all cute about it.  This is Husker Hoops Central, and this is the Men's Basketball subforum.  That's it.

Yeah. Kinda muddies it up a bit with various names.

It's sorta like "The Old Navy Silver Bowl played on Ted Nugent Field at Hot Pockets Stadium".

I'm with Surles.  Keep it simple.  

Aside from being slightly confusing, I think the name Dungeon has a very nerdy connotation and it's just a word you don't even see that often anymore unless you have a Sex Dungeon in your home, or play Dungeons and Dragons in your dimly lit basement on a Saturday night.

Men's Basketball.  Please.  If this site ever broke some type of news or had an insider, I can't even imagine how cringeworthy it would be to see "Devaney Dungeon" being cited as the source.

I'm with Surles.  Keep it simple.  

Aside from being slightly confusing, I think the name Dungeon has a very nerdy connotation and it's just a word you don't even see that often anymore unless you have a Sex Dungeon in your home, or play Dungeons and Dragons in your dimly lit basement on a Saturday night.

Men's Basketball.  Please.  If this site ever broke some type of news or had an insider, I can't even imagine how cringeworthy it would be to see "Devaney Dungeon" being cited as the source.

I would imagine if this site was cited in any form it would be in the Husker Hoops Central fashion.  No worries on that front, methinks.

I'm with Surles. Keep it simple.

Men's Basketball. Please. If this site ever broke some type of news or had an insider, I can't even imagine how cringeworthy it would be to see "Devaney Dungeon" being cited as the source.

Don't be ridiculous.

Dungeons and Dragons is on Friday night.

I've changed my mind like nine times on this topic, and I think it's happening again.

I'm voting "Devaney Sex Dungeon and Dragons".

It's kinda snappy.

Still wondering why Devaney Dungeon got the most votes given that it's now the home of women's volleyball and that Devaney was a football coach in the first place.

No big deal to me, but I don't see the reason to keep the name the same now.

Surles summed it up pretty well, at least that's basically why I my preference would be to keep it the way it is.

Just start typing "devan..." into google and you'll see "devaney dungeon" appear on the autocomplete list. That means people are searching for the keywords "devaney dungeon" and google has made the connection and placed some amount of importance behind it.

That's really not something you want to throw away. It will take some time for new keywords to be established. And if you choose something that's a bit generic (The Bank Vault), that's going to be more difficult to rank first, on page one, in google. Right now we're dominating the top half of page one for the search term "Devaney Dungeon", and I doubt there's anything that will ever come close to challenging that. I don't think that can be said for many of the names suggested in this thread.

And just like the concern over naming the board after a company that currently owns the arena's naming rights (which may/may not last the full contract term), we probably shouldn't be naming it after a coach either.

I say we keep the current name.

• 2 weeks later...