2013 Husker Scrimmage Thread: Hüsker Nü

hhcmatt

Posted Image

Welcome to the pre-start of one of the most anticipated Nebraska Basketball seasons in a years. The Huskers have a remade roster to go with a brand new arena and plan on showing off both tonight.

We're here to help. Following is the definitive guide for the event put together by scouring Twitter, Facebook, Huskers.com, the Journal Starand the OWH. We hope you enjoy and would love to see your thoughts after the event.PARKING

Here are some great guides from the Journal Star

Lincoln stops enforcing their meters after 6 pm if you're lucky enough to find a spot downtown on a Friday.

PREGAME

The Haymarket features over 20 bars and restaurants, which is over 20 more than were available near the Devaney Center!

Hang with the Red Zone at the N-Zone before and after the game.

THE EVENT

Gates Open at 6

Event Starts at 7 and runs until 8

Entrance to the event is free

In case you didn't eat before hand, the Arena will be selling $2 hot dogs

Here is the anticipated schedule of events, which Coach Tim Miles will be narrating throughout

- Player/coaches introduction

- Huskers 15 min scrimmage

- Huskers skill competitions (dunk/3pt shooting/etc)

- Huskers 10 min scrimmage

Post Game

After the event the Huskers will be signing autographs and if they haven't run out, you can use the posters being given away at the start of the event.

The night is still young around 8 pm which should either put you downtown or else make it easier for people to leave if you're staying downtown.

If you can't make it

Sports Nightly will be covering the event. You can find them on whichever AM dial you typically hear them on else you can find them on the internet

We're looking forward to the coverage from Husker Nation on this one in terms of your Tweets and news. Please use the #Nebrasketball hashtag so we can find you.

Click here to view the article

I'm jealous of the people that are able to go.....I really wish I could!  Therefore, I am depending on some awesome updates in this thread from those of you who are able to go.  GO BIG RED!!! 

As noted above you can catch a lot of the action on the radio as well

Unfortunately I won't be anywhere near a radio, but will be able to check my phone on occasion, assuming I can get a signal (having service with Sprint is hit or miss).

So,  159 points scored in 25 minutes.....I can see this happening for sure !!

-6.36 points per minute ( no problemo )

-a 3 pointer every 25 seconds ( no problemo )

-OR a 2 pointer every 18 seconds ( no problemo )

-no funny comments from the coach to distract the players.....

-maybe just have each team stand under their own basket and trade off dunking the ball among teammates, with no thoughts of defense. 

-only allow full court passes, baseline to baseline

-keep the refs holed up in the locker room eating Runzas

Ok, so its early for me and the ol' brain isnt working quite yet......

-maybe just have each team stand under their own basket and trade off dunking the ball among teammates, with no thoughts of defense. 

Hey, I was counting the dunk and 3-pt contests.  :P

Hey, I was counting the dunk and 3-pt contests.  :P

...and the shootaround before hand...and the guys messing around after the scrimmage...  ;)

6th-Man 101 Training Starts Tonight

Randy York - huskers.com

“Since this is the first time in 38 years that we’ve moved, let’s make this a rocking arena,” Miles said. “We’re like a football team that needs a 12th-Man except we need a 6th-Man. We’re treating opening night as our first night of 6th-Man 101 Training, and we’ve invited everyone to the party. This is truly all about the fan experience – a way for them to get a feel for our new venue. Now, it’s not going to be a 100-percent game experience, but everyone will get a good idea of the sounds, the sight lines and the players they’ll be cheering on because we’re going to introduce ourselves to everyone who comes into our new house.