Miles Trending on Twitter

CBS Sports Big 10 "Well thats just silly @coachmiles is trending worldwide. A rousing press conference for first year coach"

Daily Illini Hoops "If Miles can work a living room like he can work a media room NU is set"

Kevin Kugler "Glad to see Coach Miles was such a hit at Big 10 media days this morning"

Tom Dienhart "Tim Miles, hoop coach, Tweeter, Renaissance Man"

Diamond Leung (Sparty Beat Writer) "Tim Miles is awesome"

I realize it comes down to wins and losses on the court....but this coach GETS IT!

Means a lot of people are referencing his name on the twitter machine.

to expand on this Norm for you to put it into perspective. Twitter show the top 10 things or people trending on twitter. whether it be a show, an event, a person, etc it tracks words used in the tweets to determine what the nation/world is talking about. He was in that top 10 with Colin Powell among some other things. Granted the time of day helps because at night its usually run by tv shows or sporting events but to be up there is huge for Coach Miles.

I think you've got yourself a keeper, here. I don't want to tick anybody off more than usual, but I always thought Doc was saying what he thought people wanted to hear, and was kind of full of it. I do think he worked hard, though. I think Miles seems genuine (except for that only program in the state, comment.) ;)

I do agree that Doc also did say what fans wanted to hear. I think the ONE big difference is that Miles has actually turned bad programs into winners (and we at NU are hoping for the same). The other thing I believe in Miles more than I did Doc is that of evaluating talent and working his butt off to bring in talent to NU. I sometimes got the impression that Doc kind of felt he couldn't ever compete with the big boys for recruits so settled for leftovers. I truly believe that Miles believes he can get some of those recruits and soon enough will. With the new facilities and the way he is with his personality, I think he will bring in talent we haven't had in quite some time at NU. At least that is all of ours hope. So far in his 7 months he has brought in Petteway, Pitchford, Biggs, Vucentic, Fuller, Hawkins and Webster. All on paper are much better IMO then what Doc ever brought in. That's what gives me so much hope with what Miles and his staff can do with a few years to work.