Friday Scrimmage - Expectations

Hooper

Let me be clear -- I'm seething with jealousy at all of you guys who get to go to the scrimmage Friday. The ONLY thing that's going to help to ease the pain is if you guys come back with some DETAILED and insightful observations about what you saw. I'm not talking about a few sentences -- I'm talking about something of substance.

All of us out-of-towners are counting on you guys to bring the goods Friday. Don't let us down!  :)

Norm, I'm expecting 1,000 words from you at a minimum!

Let me be clear -- I'm seething with jealousy at all of you guys who get to go to the scrimmage Friday. The ONLY thing that's going to help to ease the pain is if you guys come back with some DETAILED and insightful observations about what you saw. I'm not talking about a few sentences -- I'm talking about something of substance.

All of us out-of-towners are counting on you guys to bring the goods Friday. Don't let us down!  :)

Hey, no problemo.  I can cover 1,000 words just with the description of the new fat guy seats.  :P

When was the last time Norm held himself under 1,000 words for a day?...much less after his virgin arena experience?

Norm today spent 500 words on dreamin' on this still imaginary experience in another thread (ok...it was 466...but who's counting?)

If you want to throw down a true challenge....set an over/ under # and make Norm bet under!

On second thought...don't shut down the friendly guy at the end of the bar that you can rely on....Your wish will be his destiny....but you might need to buy him a beer sometime.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Ok, signed up 3 months ago and weathered new zealand winter and my anticipation to now finally post in support

of the above request. Being from New Zealand and a big fan and follower of Tai I love to see an expert college basketball

view of where Tai is at and what your first impressions are on Friday (for us that will be saturday) of him in all aspects:

technically, how does he stack up to american standards? Is he still behind with his physical play (overall my biggest worry in the beginning)? How is his D? How do his team mates seem to relate to him? Is he firing his shots and/or positioning himself fast enough or is he too slow?

You have no idea how much I would, and currently do, appreciate the writings on this site on Nebraska basketball and the opinions and going on's that go with it. It will take me some time to get to know all Tai's team mates but with your writings and hopefully some video material in the future, I will get to know this team to throw heart and soul behind Nebraska.

Wishing you, jealously, well when going to the scrimmage on friday.

yours sincerely

JK

Hey, do you know this Kiwi friend of ours named Cell?  He posts here too.  (Can't call him a "mate."  That's soooo Australian.)  Anyway, you two should get together sometime and someone here could try to Skype a game feed to the two of you.  Or, occasionally, one of our members will post a link to a website that has illegally pirated real-time web broadcasts of Husker games.  Just follow the link (and watch out for viruses.)  Cheers.

From the tweets I saw I expect we will see a dunk competition

Who will win?

The favorite has to be Pitchford.  

Benny has to be the darkhorse.  If he can throw down at 5'9" he will win it.

Generally, tall guys are at a disadvantage because it just looks like they don't have to work as hard to get up there to dunk it.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Ok, signed up 3 months ago and weathered new zealand winter and my anticipation to now finally post in support

of the above request. Being from New Zealand and a big fan and follower of Tai I love to see an expert college basketball

view of where Tai is at and what your first impressions are on Friday (for us that will be saturday) of him in all aspects:

technically, how does he stack up to american standards? Is he still behind with his physical play (overall my biggest worry in the beginning)? How is his D? How do his team mates seem to relate to him? Is he firing his shots and/or positioning himself fast enough or is he too slow?

You have no idea how much I would, and currently do, appreciate the writings on this site on Nebraska basketball and the opinions and going on's that go with it. It will take me some time to get to know all Tai's team mates but with your writings and hopefully some video material in the future, I will get to know this team to throw heart and soul behind Nebraska.

Wishing you, jealously, well when going to the scrimmage on friday.

yours sincerely

JK

Hey, do you know this Kiwi friend of ours named Cell?  He posts here too.  (Can't call him a "mate."  That's soooo Australian.)  Anyway, you two should get together sometime and someone here could try to Skype a game feed to the two of you.  Or, occasionally, one of our members will post a link to a website that has illegally pirated real-time web broadcasts of Husker games.  Just follow the link (and watch out for viruses.)  Cheers.

Hey, how do you KNOW they aren't Austrian???

:)

Seriously, though, welcome slowneasy.  We hope you stick around and participate in the discussion frequently!

From the tweets I saw I expect we will see a dunk competition

Who will win?

The favorite has to be Pitchford.  

Benny has to be the darkhorse.  If he can throw down at 5'9" he will win it.

Generally, tall guys are at a disadvantage because it just looks like they don't have to work as hard to get up there to dunk it.

Yup.  Unless he's Shawn Kemp or Dwight Howard, he's not got much of a chance.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Love your avatar, Jimmy and looking forward to your report after Friday.

Silverbacked, I picture you as the patriarch of this site and will make sure to be polite to you at all times to quickly

advance all chances of an increased status in here.

Well Norm, it is true that living here does sometimes feel like living in a village (you'll always meet someone who knows someone who is a cousin of the brother of the groundsman at The Caketin who mentioned that the sister of last friday's bartender was having problems with gout..) but in this case I do not know Cell ;) . I do love the idea of you guys posting a link (or anything) for illegal live coverage of Nebraska games!

Forgot to thank you 49r for your original welcoming response to my introductory mail a few months back. I do intend to stick around and see if my bet with my neighbour to have 3 kiwi's in the NBA by 2020 will come to fruition.