2015 Recruits

Row6Seat10

• 2 weeks later...

The Huskers lose one last week from the 2015 Big board but another one goes up today. Teniya Page a 5'8 5 Star point guard from Marian High School in Chicago Heights, Ill. fills the spot. Teniya ranked as the 9 best overall guard and 4th best point guard by ESPNW's Hoopgurlz. Led her Marian team to a state title last season and was named First Team All State. Averages just under 13 points per game and 6 assists. Was invited to the U16 USA team trials last summer. Getting lots of interest from many schools Illinois, Iowa, Michigan State, Nebraska, Purdue, Indiana, Marquette, DePaul and many more.

KJK_7975.jpg

From Midwest Girls Basketball Recruiting:  Page was the floor general for this Marian team all year long. In the half court sets, she gets Marian into their offense and into scoring positions, making the game easier for her teammates. In transition, she pushes the pace, always looking up the floor. It will be exciting to see how Page continues to develop over the next couple years.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/166764/teniya-page

http://www.fullcourt.com/prep/player/profile/tenyia-page-0

• 4 weeks later...

Bad news for 6'5 Hallie Thome. She tore her anterior cruciate ligament last week. She plans to have surgery this week and is expected to be out for six to nine months. Through six games, Thome led the her in scoring (19.8 per game), rebounding (9.8) and blocks (2.7).

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20131218/high-school-girls-basketball-chagrin-falls-hallie-thome-suffers-season-ending-acl-tear?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That's to bad on Miss Anigwe, I consider her to be the first miss.  According to Coach Yori, she wants a team ideally scoring between 75 and 80 points and wearing teams out to the point that  they don't want to play us.  Miss Shepard, Miss Page, Miss Smith, and Miss Romeo, we have enough scoring right there, which tells me we need long athletic types that can defend.  According to what I've read about her, she really fits the bill.  

Big time recruit out of Canada visiting this weekend. Bridget Carleton the dynamic 6'1 wing out of Chathum Ontario was in town and had to like what she saw this afternoon!

And yes, both future Huskers Jess and Maddie Simon were in attendance.

I seen Jess come in with a couple of people and sit where she normally does and right before tip Maddie showed up alone unless her mom was already seated. And thats about all I could see of the people.

The following article on today's visitor Bridget Carleton was in the Ames IA newspaper this morning. Coach Yori commented on her post game show that her parents commented after the game on  just how hard the Huskers play! I would also think her folks liked the facilities and how the Huskers honor their alumni and just how many fans made the atmosphere electric today in the Vault. 

The Iowa State women’s basketball program is among the favorites for one of the top prospects from Canada in the 2015 class.

Bridget Carleton, a 6-foot-1 guard from Chatham, Ontario, made an unofficial visit to Ames on Saturday for ISU’s contest against Holy Cross. Carleton holds an offer from the Cyclones, she said, and it was a priority to get to the Midwest to check out a game. She was continuing her trip with her parents with a visit to Nebraska on Sunday.

Asked for a scouting report on herself, Carleton said with a laugh, “I like to shoot the ball.” She was a member of the Canadian under-16 national team that won a silver medal at the FIBA Americas last summer. Carleton scored nine points in the title game loss to Team USA.

Both ISU coach Bill Fennelly and assistant Jodi Steyer have visited Carleton’s high school, John McGregor Secondary School in Chatham.

Along with ISU, Carleton has interest from Wisconsin-Green Bay, Villanova (which has offered), Nebraska, Michigan and Michigan State.

“It was pretty crazy at first, but I got used to it,” Carleton said of her recruitment.

Of the Cyclones, Carleton said, “My style fits them.” She didn’t give a timetable for a decision.

• 1 month later...

There was some conversation about Kianna Ibis in the 2014 thread so I thought I'd put my response in the 2015 thread which is her class. Anyway I've been hearing that Iowa has also offered her besides the Huskers and Creighton. Oklahoma, Stanford, Arizona St. & South Dakota St are showing interest, haven't heard if these two schools have offered her or not though.

Danni Williams the 5'9 guard from Clovis, New Mexico still has the Huskers listed on her list of schools in an article in Prospect Nation last Tuesday. I've been reading Kansas leads right now. Not really sure on the Huskers guage of interest.

Danni-Williams-150_1.jpg

Williams is also working on her recruiting process, as she’s intent on making a decision sooner than later. She currently has Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Washington on her list.

“I guess I want to go to a school where I can play.” Williams said. “I don’t want to have to get red-shirted or sit the bench most of the time as a freshman. I want to go and I want to play and I kind of want a school that’s almost a smaller town, you know, just because that’s Clovis. Clovis is like 40,000 people so I’m not going to be used to going to a town that has millions of people.”

Kianna Ibis speaks with Sharp & Benning on 1620 the Zone with her mom last week on the podcast link provided scroll down to Feb 14 segment 5 with Kianna Ibis from Omaha Bensen. Not much info on who she's looking at for schools but some info on what she's looking for in a school. Would be good to see her in Husker red.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=111&c=981&f=2464933

Kianna and mom after the interview.

1620796_586322804784769_1470838264_n.jpg

Kianna Ibis speaks with Sharp & Benning on 1620 the Zone with her mom last week on the podcast link provided scroll down to Feb 14 segment 5 with Kianna Ibis from Omaha Bensen. Not much info on who she's looking at for schools but some info on what she's looking for in a school. Would be good to see her in Husker red.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=111&c=981&f=2464933

Kianna and mom after the interview.

1620796_586322804784769_1470838264_n.jpg

Yep this is the person I seen at the Indiana game last week. Her mom mentioned the family aspect and how close she and Kiana are. You would think that Nebraska would have the upper hand in getting her from the family standpoint having heard that Nebraska got a player in the past for just making a phone call to see how the recruit was feeling after her visit in Lincoln.who had not been felling well when she had visited 

• 1 month later...

Lanie Page and her folks spent the weekend in Lubbock TX. Let's hope that's the last time she'll be going down there! The Huskers might have their work cut out for them trying to land her. HB, do you how many paid recruiting trips a player is allowed to have?

Not to be left out the Huskers also had a topgun on campus this weekend taking advantage of the spring game. Not quite sure on her name although I have my suspicions.

Texas Tech has really fallen as a Women's basketball power.  They haven't recovered from Marsha Sharps retirement.  The younger Page would play right away at Tech. 

So you think it comes down to playing right away or winning. Or are there other factors at play ?

Well, there's that whole having to live in Lubbock, Texas thing.  On the bright side about Lubbock, it is equally close to Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, Dallas and Juarez, Mexico -- just about 5 1/2 hours drive from each.  Centrally located.  Smack dab in the middle of nowhere.

Texas Tech has really fallen as a Women's basketball power.  They haven't recovered from Marsha Sharps retirement.  The younger Page would play right away at Tech. 

So you think it comes down to playing right away or winning. Or are there other factors at play ?

I have no idea what she thinks.  Tech is down and NU is clearly a stable program.

Well, there's that whole having to live in Lubbock, Texas thing.  On the bright side about Lubbock, it is equally close to Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, Dallas and Juarez, Mexico -- just about 5 1/2 hours drive from each.  Centrally located.  Smack dab in the middle of nowhere.

Norm, Lubbock is not all that bad, it produced Buddy Holly after all, and the United Spirit Center is a terrific basketball arena.  West Texas High Schools play a good brand of girls basketball and compete very well at the State Level.  I hope the younger Page joins her sister at NU.

Don't undersell how good the Leavenworth ks program is and the girls they have that NU has offered.  They have a great stable of young kids right now and might well enter usa today top 25 next year.  Tyler Johnson and Rachel Blackburn who have both been offered as 2015s are really good.  I have not personally seen ibis so I can't compare, but I am sure that Johnson has to be at least close to as good.  Lots of Big 12 and big 10 schools love her.  Blackburn is in prospect nations top 60.

Ibis is 6'2", long arms, and has a superb, athletic physique.  She blocked a couple of shots in the state championship game where she really elevated to swat the ball away.  Really good leaping ability.  Add to that, that in spite of being a lefty (who traditionally have clumsy-looking shooting form) Kiana's jumper is a thing of beauty.  She gets fantastic elevation and has a nice high release.  One of the best looking jumpers I've seen in the girls' ranks.  I think she is just now tapping her potential.  Very high ceiling.  Take a snapshot right now and those girls from Kansas might be better.  But with her off-the-charts athleticism, I suspect if you come back in a couple of years, Kiana will have closed the gap and even surpassed a lot of players that would be considered better recruits right now.

That, in a nutshell, is the reason why I really want Ibis in a Husker uni.