2016 F Keanu Pinder JC -> Arizona

ajb5856

Lost to Africa, huh?

Well, I found some video of the tilt between Australia and Africa with both our boys, Pinder (#77 in blue) and Bolden (#93 in blue). 

I was actually impressed with #69 from team Africa, Michael Nzei.  I looked him up and, according to Rivals anyway, he's a 3 star playing prep ball in New York.  Says he has offers from Hofstra, Iona, ODU, St. Josephs and .... Iowa.  Hmmm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kjCZle82NU

Let's play "6 degrees of Fran McCaffery", Norm.

1).  Michael Nzei is being pursued by a bunch of schools in the tri-state area, one of those schools is Iona.

2).  Iona is a member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference

3).  Another member of the MAAC is Siena

4).  The Iowa head basketball coach, Fran McCaffery came to Iowa from...Siena!

5)...

6)...

4 degrees of separation.  :)

Let's play "6 degrees of Fran McCaffery", Norm.

1).  Michael Nzei is being pursued by a bunch of schools in the tri-state area, one of those schools is Iona.

2).  Iona is a member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference

3).  Another member of the MAAC is Siena

4).  The Iowa head basketball coach, Fran McCaffery came to Iowa from...Siena!

5)...

6)...

4 degrees of separation.   :)

The Tri-State Area?!?

Isn't that the place that evil scientist Heinz Doofenschmirtz is trying to take over?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUzT-ulFSQ4

Id love to get this kid....appears to be a great athlete and his dad was quite the bball player. Good blood lines. Only drawback is we will have to sweat it out with him getting qualified.....worst case he would have to go JUCO for two years.

Assuming you read the Tunnel Talk this morning. For those who don't subscribe, Robin provide an update/summary of the Elbert situation. Nothing new here just a summary of his final list being delayed and his LSU/Shaq visit. The update on Pinder said the biggest concern right now is whether or not he would qualify academically. They are seeing if his credits/high school work from Australia will transfer and he has yet to take the SAT. Robin said this is a huge question mark with Pinder and like huskerbaseball13 said, he may have to go the JUCO route.

Id love to get this kid....appears to be a great athlete and his dad was quite the bball player.  Good blood lines.  Only drawback is we will have to sweat it out with him getting qualified.....worst case he would have to go JUCO for two years. 

If he does go the JUCO route, would we take a JUCO player with this years class??  This may be the situation and the reason behind the staff going to look at a few JUCO players in KS. 

Id love to get this kid....appears to be a great athlete and his dad was quite the bball player.  Good blood lines.  Only drawback is we will have to sweat it out with him getting qualified.....worst case he would have to go JUCO for two years.

If he does go the JUCO route, would we take a JUCO player with this years class??  This may be the situation and the reason behind the staff going to look at a few JUCO players in KS.

Isn't deng a juco?

I have to stop getting my hopes up about recruits.

Any chance we still try to get David Wacker, or has that ship sailed?

Wacker sighed with Boise State.

He committed to them. Signing Period isn't until November 13.

I wonder how Bolden's academics are. Wouldn't he have the same issues as Pinder?

My bad on that, you got what I meant. Pretty sure ships sailed. As for Bolden, I'd assume the situation would be similar, but you don't know. He probably has better grades.

I think I would have preferred Wacker over Pinder. Wacker seems more suited for the B1G.

Elbert and Bolden should still be top priority until they eliminate us.

I prefer Bolden over Pinder as well.  The video I've seen of Pinder, he doesn't blow me away athletically and that's supposed to be his strong suit.  Right now, I'm just hoping like heck we wind up with Robinson because he's athletic enough for his size and he has great hands.  Bolden might or might not deserve to be a 4-star, but he looks better than Pinder who seems to me to be a little bit of a reach right now.  Just my uneducated opinion.

What about any of those kids from Team Africa that finished 3rd in that Adidas Nations tournament?  A couple of them looked pretty solid in their win over Bolden, Pinder and team Australia.

I think I would have preferred Wacker over Pinder. Wacker seems more suited for the B1G.

I prefer Bolden over Pinder as well.  The video I've seen of Pinder, he doesn't blow me away athletically and that's supposed to be his strong suit.  Right now, I'm just hoping like heck we wind up with Robinson because he's athletic enough for his size and he has great hands.  Bolden might or might not deserve to be a 4-star, but he looks better than Pinder who seems to me to be a little bit of a reach right now.  Just my uneducated opinion.

What about any of those kids from Team Africa that finished 3rd in that Adidas Nations tournament?  A couple of them looked pretty solid in their win over Bolden, Pinder and team Australia.

So, to borrow some of Bo's colloquialisms, what you're saying Norm, is "F Keanu Pinder.  We don't need him anyway".  Is that right?

I've been waiting days to use the thread title in this manner...

Glad I could be the first to offer up this expected reply

537.gif

OK, so let me get this straight.  The .gif of the girl shaking the suntan lotion on the beach flies, but a picture showing actually less of Lucy Pinder is a no-go.  I think I get it.

So, how's this?

So, is Keanu Pinder any relation to Lucy Pinder?  Spelled the same way.

Lucy+Pinder+Leaving+Nuts+CoverGirls+Part

Norm, our connections are in Australia mate. I like Pinder a bunch. The video where he is on the news at the age of 16 dunking effortlessly works for me.

I visited with the Sunrise coach last night at the Sunrise football game.  He told me that Pinder has academic issues and would likely have trouble qualifying.  It sounded like he might have to take the Juco route.  As to Jerry Myles, he said that about everybody was after him and he didn't think Nebraska had much of a chance with him.  Since he is from Iowa, both Iowa and Iowa State are after him as well as Kansas and he expected many more would soon be as well.  He will be a Sophomore at Sunrise.  I saw several tall kids at the game.  Two were about 7 feet tall but were  very thin so will need to put on some muscle before they are ready to contribute at the Big 10 level.  He told me that they would be good again this year if they could find a big man to dominate in the paint.  I definitely think that Sunrise with Dennis, Nairn, Myles and many others will be a team to look at for talent though.  I hope Harriman and Myles keep in touch with the talent here.     

Boy, dimes, lots of ways to read that.  No offer because ... he couldn't commit to one anyway if he won't be qualified?  From the sounds of things, that might be the most likely.  But it still might be worthwhile for the visit if he can pass the details of the mind-blowing experience to his friend and former teammate, Jonah Bolden.

He's only been in the states for a couple weeks and not a lot of people have seen him play. Lourawls Nairn is playing at Sunrise as well and when the high major elite coaches come in to see Lourawls, their "jaws drop" after they see Pinder. Robin made a comment (not in the article) that there's not much separating Bolden and Pinder and that its just that not tooany have seen Pinder play.

"Tum Tum" committed to MSU this morning:  http://www.theonlycolors.com/2013/9/26/4772912/welcome-aboard-lourawls-nairn

• 2 weeks later...