Darrien Washington Commits

Row6Seat10

The Huskers get a big commitment this weekend as 6'3 center Darrien Washington a Rivals.com 3 star from Skyline High School in Oakland CA becomes the 4th commit of the 2014 recruiting season. Darrien played with Husker commit Natalie Romeo and the Cal Stars this past summer. She picked the Huskers over Utah, Washington, and the Oregon schools.

https://twitter.com/Calstars/status/374589881336356865

This seems like a very solid group of girls in this class.  I assume Connie is done for the '14 class, correct?

I know HB was of the opinion that the '13 class was short on talent and that Connie had taken a reach on a couple of kids and that only Havers was scholarship-worthy.  But this class looks extremely solid.  Four girls, each of whom had some really good offers.

Be interesting to see what the '13 class does but the '14 class could be a great one, leading into the '15 class, which might be even better.

Correct Norm, but if they could get a commitment from Kia Nurse I think they for sure make room. I actually think they've changed their focus more so now to the 2015 class. On paper the 2014 class is without a doubt turning out to be Yori's best class since she's been here. I'm still in shock that we went into enemy territory and got a commitment out of Kaylee Page. It just blows my mind that she picked us over Oklahoma St and KU. I can't ever remember the top high school player in the state of Kansas opting to "go north" so to speak for college.

Nebraska is starting to develop a reputation of getting players who didn't have offers from the so called "big named" women's basketball schools and developing those players to get to the next level. When you can get the top player from Kansas and a few of the top players in California to commit it speaks volumes about what this program is doing and where it's going. I guess we could call this the "Lindsey Moore" class.

The 2015 class to go along with Jess could actually be better than this years with the interest we're already starting to garner from top recruits nation wide. Hopefully our off season recruiting next season will be as fun and interesting to watch as this season's was.