C Elbert Robinson -> LSU

Hooper

Okay because I want to get this to 45 pages tonight. Here is a new idea that just popped into my head.

If we don't get Elbert we... wait for it... wait for it...

Keep the it open and we get 5 in 2015. I mean we have maybe 5 really good guys on the vine for 2015 and we just wait.

Just something to think about, or we do have that 7 foot 10 inch Aussie in the wings.

Okay I'll hang up and let you guys talk about this.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I think this whole thing is getting to me.:)

You still have to think that our coaches are under the impression we have a good enough chance of landing him.  Either that or they're in no hurry to cultivate other options for a different reason.  Oh, to be a fly on the wall right now....

I think they feel good about their backup plan.

We have a backup plan???  I have not seen or heard this.  Stinks to see that it will probably be LSU.  Better than OSU I guess... that way we don't have to beat up on them until March... that is if they make the field of 68 

You still have to think that our coaches are under the impression we have a good enough chance of landing him.  Either that or they're in no hurry to cultivate other options for a different reason.  Oh, to be a fly on the wall right now....

I think they feel good about their backup plan.

The back up plan that we have yet to hear about?

I will be disappointed if Elbert doesn't pick Nebraska.

I'll be suprised, though, if he does.

Does that make sense?

Not gettin' my hopes up but still I'll be disappointed if he's not a Husker.  This kid would be a game changer for us.  I really believe that.

Yes that makes sense because that is exactly how I feel about it.

I know that LSU is the huge favorite here. But why? Elbert might like the school but I don't think anybody in his circle would be pushing LSU as a good option for him. Bad basketball conference. 7 power forwards and centers on the roster, 5 of those being freshman or sophomores.

So what is plan B? It appears to me like the coaches have thrown plans B, C, and D in the trash.

Unfortunately we are not (or at lease I am not) privy to any of this. We will hear about 25 kids and end up with 2, so to us it will feel like the Bachelor.

My guess is we have really gone all in on the guy, because that is an attractive way for Nebraska to sell especially against the bigger schools, but I am fairly confident we have a lot of stuff working that we will hear about in time should young Elbert not "shock the world"