C Elbert Robinson -> LSU

Hooper

Wowser!  Jdostal wins the HHC vocab award for the year with "decathecting."

This is honestly the first time I've ever had to look up a word in a message board post.

Nice job, my man.

I'm not sure I'm allowed to use it that way, but it's a great word!  And often appropriate when it comes to following nebrasketball.

Most of my doubt comes from the already-exhausted topics involving twitter and a disbelief that we could beat out OSU for a recruit, served over a solid base of decathecting from the ER recruitment. I'd say "my source" is reliable, but certainly not infallible especially considering this is recruiting.

Does your source has LSU over the top of us as well? With osu coming in 3rd?

Most of my doubt comes from the already-exhausted topics involving twitter and a disbelief that we could beat out OSU for a recruit, served over a solid base of decathecting from the ER recruitment.  I'd say "my source" is reliable, but certainly not infallible especially considering this is recruiting.

Wowser!  Jdostal wins the HHC vocab award for the year with "decathecting."

This is honestly the first time I've ever had to look up a word in a message board post.

Nice job, my man.

This from the guy who types "Coq Au Vin"..... ;)

I have no doubt that Harriman was down in Dallas to see Elbert. We won't know until tomorrow if it was because he chose us or if it was our last ditch effort to sway him. Harriman works quite a bit with the posts. Kenya was tied up here in Lincoln. If you watched Elbert and Harriman for the few minutes they were down on the sideline during his visit, they were joking around a lot, even doing what looked like some post moves/techniques. But, all we can gather from this is that the relationship is positive. He probably had very similar experiences at all of his visits.

Kenya was "tied up" in Lincoln? "Tied up" with homecoming voting? You don't think they'd find a sub if the biggest recruit in recent memory required an in-home from his lead recruiter?

I think it is more likely that Harriman was visiting Smith (wasn't he the lead on Smith) prior to him confirming his decision.

Yes the homecoming voting is a lame excuse for being tied up. But maybe it was not necessary for Kenya to even go down there, as in Elbert was already good to come here.

And maybe we are overplaying the entire Harriman in Dallas thing. Was Smith really being recruited by Harriman? I thought it was Craig Smith. Could be wrong but Craig Smith is the assistant with all the Texas connections. Can someone confirm/clarify this?

Who knows... But if that trip had to do with an ER commit, I'd bet that Miles and everyone else would've been there.

Even if we weren't that high on Smith, it wouldn't be uncommon for us to conduct a visit before made a choice.

Just did some digging through articles and Craig Smith was the lead recruiter for Zach Smith and David Wacker.

Also read the assistants bios on huskers.com. Craig Smith and Harriman aren't solid in which group of players (front court vs backcourt players) they work with. Kind of share responsibilities from what it sounds. Smith worked with the bigs last year. Harriman worked with the guards. This year it says Harriman will work with the bigs.

Shortdust- All I heard was that it's down to us and LSU. And I'm still not at peace with the idea that OSU is out of it. The only reason I mentioned it is because shuttlesworth said something first. Absolutely nothing would shock me on Tuesday.

Sounds good to me, wish we would have some sort of idea of a time frame. Granted I'm sure my phone will blow up either way he chooses. All the twitter stuff is messing with everyone's head. Think he should just decide today.

I have no doubt that Harriman was down in Dallas to see Elbert. We won't know until tomorrow if it was because he chose us or if it was our last ditch effort to sway him. Harriman works quite a bit with the posts. Kenya was tied up here in Lincoln. If you watched Elbert and Harriman for the few minutes they were down on the sideline during his visit, they were joking around a lot, even doing what looked like some post moves/techniques. But, all we can gather from this is that the relationship is positive. He probably had very similar experiences at all of his visits.

Kenya was "tied up" in Lincoln? "Tied up" with homecoming voting? You don't think they'd find a sub if the biggest recruit in recent memory required an in-home from his lead recruiter?

I think it is more likely that Harriman was visiting Smith (wasn't he the lead on Smith) prior to him confirming his decision.

Yes the homecoming voting is a lame excuse for being tied up. But maybe it was not necessary for Kenya to even go down there, as in Elbert was already good to come here.

And maybe we are overplaying the entire Harriman in Dallas thing. Was Smith really being recruited by Harriman? I thought it was Craig Smith. Could be wrong but Craig Smith is the assistant with all the Texas connections. Can someone confirm/clarify this?

Who knows... But if that trip had to do with an ER commit, I'd bet that Miles and everyone else would've been there.

Even if we weren't that high on Smith, it wouldn't be uncommon for us to conduct a visit before made a choice.

Just did some digging through articles and Craig Smith was the lead recruiter for Zach Smith and David Wacker.

Also read the assistants bios on huskers.com. Craig Smith and Harriman aren't solid in which group of players (front court vs backcourt players) they work with. Kind of share responsibilities from what it sounds. Smith worked with the bigs last year. Harriman worked with the guards. This year it says Harriman will work with the bigs.

Yea I thought smith had Zach smith as the lead.

Yea I thought smith had Zach smith as the lead.

So Harriman in Dallas? Shouldn't have been for Zach Smith unless Craig Smith was with him. So he was either there for Elbert or some other Australian recruit we haven't heard about yet.

Most of my doubt comes from the already-exhausted topics involving twitter and a disbelief that we could beat out OSU for a recruit, served over a solid base of decathecting from the ER recruitment.  I'd say "my source" is reliable, but certainly not infallible especially considering this is recruiting.

jdostal states it well with "reliable sources not being infallible" given that this is recruiting.  Anything can and sometimes does happen.  With that caveat in mind, I also heard from someone who should be deemed "reliable" that Elbert's OSU visit didn't go well (despite what may be found on Twitter), and the choice is more likely between LSU, NU, and possibly even A & M as a "stay close to home" curve.   And I wouldn't conclude from Harriman's tweet that Miles and Hunter haven't paid a visit to Elbert in recent days. 

Now, watch him sign with OSU :unsure:

I just looked again at the 247 Crystal Ball, and assumed that I see at least one new Ohio State prediction.  But, a day before the announcement, it's still all LSU, except for one September Georgetown prediction.  And, one of those LSU votes was submitted this weekend.  There often seem to be 247 prediction runs in the 24-48 hours before big announcements, but that's not happened yet, even after a lot of OSU signals.  The Crystal Ball may not always be accurate, but to have that much recent LSU activity and zero OSU activity certainly supports the LSU is in the lead and OSU may not even be #2 rumor.  Something to watch the rest of the day.

Several recruiting guys have said that only 4 schools are in contention tomorrow, and TAMU, Georgetown, and SMU are not in that group, right? 

I heard the same thing about OSU being out of the running. I'm still pretty convinced he's going there.

So I'm guessing you heard this as here say. Or does it come from a potentially reliable source? Shuttlesworth? You still there? Is what you heard coming from a source that could potentially know this for sure or is yours a s'ource of a source of a source who knows a guy' type of scenario as well?

For the record, I'm not trying to purport myself as a person with inside access. I acquired the information rather randomly, but it is from somebody with direct knowledge of the situation. With that said, as another poster stated, no information regarding the recruitment of a 17 year old kid is infallible. I guess we'll have to wait until Tuesday, but I really do like our chances.

Heck why doesn't somebody just tweet him and ask him where he is going. Say something like I will be traveling tomorrow and I know that I won't have any service to see your answer so could you please tell me today.

Also throw in that you won't tell anybody, ect... Use the word please a lot, I found that works really well. Maybe we could get a young lady from UNL to do this for us.

Hey, no harm in trying right?

Heck why doesn't somebody just tweet him and ask him where he is going. Say something like I will be traveling tomorrow and I know that I won't have any service to see your answer so could you please tell me today.

Also throw in that you won't tell anybody, ect... Use the word please a lot, I found that works really well. Maybe we could get a young lady from UNL to do this for us.

Hey, no harm in trying right?

there is that whole Real Nebraska Girls page...im sure one of them will fit his likes...

So we think that miles and co. already know who he'll be picking tomorrow?

Not saying they are for sure, but I do think they have a pretty good "idea" or know that we are still in the running.  If they knew we were not in the running at all, we probably would of heard some different news other than Smith saying he is going to Tech and Wacker to Boise... with no word on new offers.

id imagine so...either we know its us...and haven't recruited a single big man since the recruitment of ER and the commitment of Hammond...or we really dropped the ball, dont have another plan b,c,d,e,f,g this year, and we will bear the scars for eternity....since last season we had a plan,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,etc... i dont think Miles drops the ball on recruiting,,,either he is a Husker or we got some recruit up our sleeve that is from Europe., Australia, or mars...who knows.

So we think that miles and co. already know who he'll be picking tomorrow?

Not saying they are for sure, but I do think they have a pretty good "idea" or know that we are still in the running. If they knew we were not in the running at all, we probably would of heard some different news other than Smith saying he is going to Tech and Wacker to Boise... with no word on new offers.

Yea, with those Other guys going elsewhere and no new people coming around yet, make you think he would be headed here. This whole recruiting thing is crazy.