C Elbert Robinson -> LSU

Hooper

I really do think that Harriman was in Dallas to visit with Elbert. Garland is roughly a 20 mile trip from Dallas airport. Even if he was there to visit, it doesn't mean that the visit was because he decided to choose us. I would think that he was visiting to try and sway a decision one way or another. Tuesday needs to come.

Kind of odd Harriman goes to vist Elbert, and the next day one of our other prospects form the Texas area pledges to TTU... We have not heard any names of new prospects, no new visits, and one of our bigger prospects pledges to TTU... Just weird if Elbert has told us he isnt N.

Retweeting someone saying the wrong school choice might amuse him. The day he's chosen to announce could be dictated by when Coach Miles will be available to be down there when the announcement is made.

Exactly. I mean, if he's trying to hide this big announcement until the magical day (apparently Tuesday), then why would he retweet that? If that information was out, which I don't think it is, you would just ignore a tweet like that. I don't think anyone outside the family or AAU coach knows what his decision is. I think a lot of people have assumed OSU because that was his last visit, the timing of the Goodluck announcement, and his twitter activity.

Retweeting someone saying the wrong school choice might amuse him. The day he's chosen to announce could be dictated by when Coach Miles will be available to be down there when the announcement is made.

Exactly. I mean, if he's trying to hide this big announcement until the magical day (apparently Tuesday), then why would he retweet that? If that information was out, which I don't think it is, you would just ignore a tweet like that. I don't think anyone outside the family or AAU coach knows what his decision is. I think a lot of people have assumed OSU because that was his last visit, the timing of the Goodluck announcement, and his twitter activity.

Or it's possible he doesn't care about hiding his decision and the hints he's been dropping are real.

I don't know if college coaches are even allowed to be present. 

I would guess that Tuesday was probably a day selected by his HS.  It is probably the day that the school and HS coach are available to host a media event.  Maybe the principal is out of town until Tuesday or something silly like that.

I would guess that Tuesday was probably a day selected by his HS. It is probably the day that the school and HS coach are available to host a media event. Maybe the principal is out of town until Tuesday or something silly like that.

Huh? Yes they are allowed to be present. Unless you are meaning strictly the hoopla type of decision event with the hats and all that. Usually the high schools do something when they are signing their letter of intent. This is just his verbal commitment. Hammond committed directly to Miles in his office, so yes of course coaches can be there.

I would guess that Tuesday was probably a day selected by his HS. It is probably the day that the school and HS coach are available to host a media event. Maybe the principal is out of town until Tuesday or something silly like that.

Huh? Yes they are allowed to be present. Unless you are meaning strictly the hoopla type of decision event with the hats and all that. Usually the high schools do something when they are signing their letter of intent. This is just his verbal commitment. Hammond committed directly to Miles in his office, so yes of course coaches can be there.

I was talking about pressers and other hoopla events.  I don't know if the NCAA allows college coaches to fly all over to be at these things (when is the last time you saw a coach at a "pick from the hats" thing? )  Obviously coaches are present when the verbal is made as they have to tell the coach. 

It's weird that another recruit would even comment on the matter. If Russell had the info and knew Elbert was OSU bound you would think he might say no comment or even I don't know.

@BlackStripeBlog: Buckeye commit D'Angelo Russell says he thinks C Elbert Robinson will pick the Buckeyes. Robinson announces Tuesday.

Are we hoping for a miracle at this point or is anyone actually confident?

Wish we weren't at the point of hoping for miracles, but I think that's where we are here. IMO

Definitely not confident but I don't think it's going to take a miracle. This is the way I see it. There have been clues in our recruiting that suggest we have a chance. There have also been people making guesses based on timing, tweets, and twitter follows that Ohio State is his choice. I'm not drawing the conclusion that some are when they say its over, he's gone to OSU. I highly doubt that anyone outside of Elbert's tight circle knows what his choice is yet. So, when he announces on Tuesday, it could be anything. Am I confident that the choice is Nebraska? No. But I'm not sold that the choice is Ohio State. He could pick LSU as well.

Wish we weren't at the point of hoping for miracles, but I think that's where we are here. IMO

Definitely not confident but I don't think it's going to take a miracle. This is the way I see it. There have been clues in our recruiting that suggest we have a chance. There have also been people making guesses based on timing, tweets, and twitter follows that Ohio State is his choice. I'm not drawing the conclusion that some are when they say its over, he's gone to OSU. I highly doubt that anyone outside of Elbert's tight circle knows what his choice is yet. So, when he announces on Tuesday, it could be anything. Am I confident that the choice is Nebraska? No. But I'm not sold that the choice is Ohio State. He could pick LSU as well.

Would you be confident if his final two didn't include tOSU?

Do you know something that we have not heard?

I'm not sold that Ohio State is his choice. Heck, before this last Thursday people were worried that he was in love with LSU and that's where he would end up.

What do you know? Is this between us and LSU?

I'm not sold that Ohio State is his choice. Heck, before this last Thursday people were worried that he was in love with LSU and that's where he would end up.

Not going to go into detail, but to answer your second question, I believe this to be the scenario. Needless to say, things can (and do) change in recruiting. But I do feel very good about our chances.

Not going to go into detail, but to answer your second question, I believe this to be the scenario. Needless to say, things can (and do) change in recruiting. But I do feel very good about our chances.

Not expecting you to go into detail, reveal your source, etc. So it's your belief that Ohio State isn't in his final 2 and it's Nebraska and LSU showdown? Interesting. Can you tell me if this information was gathered or known before ERs visit to OSU? I guess, how recent is this info? Like you said, things change, but you're fairly confident that the NU/LSU final still stands?

Not expecting you to go into detail, reveal your source, etc. So it's your belief that Ohio State isn't in his final 2 and it's Nebraska and LSU showdown? Interesting. Can you tell me if this information was gathered or known before ERs visit to OSU? I guess, how recent is this info? Like you said, things change, but you're fairly confident that the NU/LSU final still stands?

Yes, it's my belief that it's us or LSU. This belief stems from information that I became privy to this afternoon.