C Elbert Robinson -> LSU

Hooper

We have heard nothing about Pinders academics. I would not be surprised if Pinder is a 2015 recruit and spends next year in a prep school.

Gotta have Kamdy give us the rule on reclassifying.  Not sure Pinder could go to Prep school another year if he's classified himself as a '14 recruit already.  I think Kamdy knows (and can explain) the rule.

We have heard nothing about Pinders academics. I would not be surprised if Pinder is a 2015 recruit and spends next year in a prep school.

Gotta have Kamdy give us the rule on reclassifying.  Not sure Pinder could go to Prep school another year if he's classified himself as a '14 recruit already.  I think Kamdy knows (and can explain) the rule.

this is correct.  No longer can kids enroll in prep schools to get that extra year.  Last year was the last chance for kids to reclassify.  Now its get it right in 4 years or you are juco bound or you can go to a 4 year school, assuming youre partially qualified under the old rules, and lose a year to an academic redshirt and have to apply to get that year back like a medical 6th year.

Yeah. I think he had a great time on his visit to LSU.

C'mon Norm, you can do better than that!  We need to analyze what that tweet means.  Let's break it down.  First of all four exclamation points.  How many exclamation points did we get while he was in Lincoln?  "Back in Texas"...now this could be important.  Does that mean he had a great time being back in Texas?  Maybe he hated LSU?

I don't know.  I think we need to do more analysis on this.

I would have been shocked if he didn't have a great time at LSU.  Perhaps having a great time at Nebraska and then a great time at LSU should tell us it will come down to other factors.  Like:

- what coaching staff will better assist him in becoming the best and getting to the next level

- what school will provide him a better education

- what school plays in the better basketball conference

- what school provides him a better opportunity to play immediately

- what school has better practice facilities

- what school has a better arena to play in

- what community better fits his needs and personality

- what school/community is he most comfortable in.

So...who knows what is on this young man's mind.  But perhaps we provide him a more positive opportunity than LSU...but then again, LSU has Shaq.

C'mon Norm, you can do better than that!  We need to analyze what that tweet means.  Let's break it down.  First of all four exclamation points.  How many exclamation points did we get while he was in Lincoln?  "Back in Texas"...now this could be important.  Does that mean he had a great time being back in Texas?  Maybe he hated LSU?

I was thinking about the whole !!!! thing.  It's almost like he's trying to convince himself that he had a good time.  Like if he'd only used one exclamation point, people would question it.  The big man doth protest too much, methinks.  49r, I really think you're onto something here.

The kid had a good time here.  Enjoyed himself.  You could see he really hit it off with Miles from the photos of the two of them on the football sidelines.  If he doesn't end up coming here, it won't be because he didn't like it here or wouldn't consider playing for us.  It'll be because he had to choose just one school from among a number of very attractive alternatives.  I think it's only a matter of time before we start landing some players of this caliber.  But it sure would help to get the first one and open the floodgates.

I was thinking about the whole !!!! thing.  It's almost like he's trying to convince himself that he had a good time.  Like if he'd only used one exclamation point, people would question it.  The big man doth protest too much, methinks.  49r, I really think you're onto something here.

Yeah, four !'s does seem a bit...excessive.  One might even say forced...as if typed while teeth are grit.

Actually, great is sort of a nondescript adjective despite the exclamation points. I would be more worried if he had tweeted that it had been an awe inspiring visit or perhaps a breathtaking experience or even a life changing time for him. One of my favorite Chinese restaurants is the Great Wall, but the food is only great there, it isn't  mouth wateringly sumptuous, or splendidly savory, or even what some of our favorite coaches might term as being F*****g delicious.

At least he didn't . . . commit to LSU !!!!

That was the important take away from this weekend: He could have committed to LSU while he was down there but didn't.

As long as he can stick to not committing during trips we stand a decent shot at landing him.

Amen to all of that.

This is the one kid we've been legitimately in on since Miles arrived that I truly felt could be a game changer in terms of where we stand as a program.

A couple things here. Does the Wacker news from last week combined with the recent Bolden news offer any clues as to how our staff feels we sit with Elbert Robinson? Is it possible that ER all but committed to us on his visit, telling our coaches he wanted to be N but was just going to finish out his visits for the experience and to just be sure about his decision? A somewhat silent commit? Looking back on things our coaches had to know that Bolden was a long shot with us not even on a final list. Of course the fanbase was optimistic, but we were just going off of a Rivals article and a couple reports. The coaches had to know. We also let David Wacker go (encouraged him to go on his Boise visit) and the decision was made with knowledge of where we stood with both Robinson and Bolden.

Clues point to us still having a very good shot at landing Robinson. Does what Georgetown is doing gives us more clues? Yes. For a school that once thought they were a shoe-in to gain an Elbert commitment they sure are bringing some last minute big men into the fold. They still haven't scheduled ER for a visit as far as I know and they are brining in more guys. This last weekend they hosted Chinanu Onuaku and they are trying to schedule a visit for 7'2" Thomas Welsh from L.A. Who really knows where we are but it seems like we are still in good standing. If you were Elbert would you turn down an opportunity to meet Shaq? I think he's doing all of these visits for the experience. He will be N when all is said and done.

One advantage we have over LSU is the fact that while he was in Lincoln he picked up around 300 followers on twitter.

I don't believe he got any new followers on twitter last weekend.

I'll tell you what, the more things fall into place the more I feel that LSU was a "just for the experience" visit. Similar to how his unofficial to A&M would've been the week before had he gone. Meeting Shaq. Alabama-A&M football game. All for the experience.

Going to be an interesting week. I'm gonna be real interested to see if Elbert takes this Ohio state visit or not.