C Elbert Robinson -> LSU

Hooper

Bolden or Robinson. which one would you rather have?

Robinson- position of need with rare size

Bolden- can pretty much do it all at 6'9.

I'd probably go with Bolden. Mostly because I think he fits Miles system.

I will simply say this, I WANT BOTH!

id want robinson...he has actual indicated intrest, and he is 7'0 tall....ill take my chances every day with a guy of his size and skill set..

I wonder if we'll be encouraging Wacker to take his time and all his other visits before committing?

If Wacker's other visits are Boise and Western Kentucky, I'd say our odds are pretty good if we really want him.

I can't see us taking all 3 of Hammond, Wacker, and Robinson.....they are all Centers, and that wouldn't leave us with an open spot for a guy like Bolden.

It's safe to say that we wouldn't need Surge with both of these guys.

You just watch your mouuuuuth, mister!

But we can only oversign by 1, right? So what happens if Wacker commits, Robinson commits, and Bolden is interested?

But we can only oversign by 1, right? So what happens if Wacker commits, Robinson commits, and Bolden is interested?

Um, offer Wacker a greyshirt?

Just because Wacker has an offer it doesn't mean it's a commitable offer yet. Could be contingent on Robinsons decision etc.

I wasnt directly tweeting at the players but mentioned that after reading the story on Elbert that I hope Nathan Hawkins can parlay some Texas magic to bring him in.  Instead of their names I did use their handles instead and Hawkins actually responded saying he sure hopes he can and knows Robinson wants a big time place and knows it could be Nebraska.  Robinson retweeted Nates response right after.  Nothing earth shattering but does bode well they know each other.

Well, a big big guy is hard to keep out of point-blank range.  And if he shoots nearly 80% from the line, you can't take the hack-a-Shaq approach.  And those are pretty monster averages from this summer.  I'm thinking if you can get Elbert you take him.  And if Bolden wants to come along, you make room.  A coach has to win to keep his job.  Sorry, _________, but it's just business.

Well, a big big guy is hard to keep out of point-blank range.  And if he shoots nearly 80% from the line, you can't take the hack-a-Shaq approach.  And those are pretty monster averages from this summer.  I'm thinking if you can get Elbert you take him.  And if Bolden wants to come along, you make room.  A coach has to win to keep his job.  Sorry, _________, but it's just business.

agreed completly..sorry kids welcome to the professional world you'll be introduced to in 4-5 years anyway.

Well, a big big guy is hard to keep out of point-blank range. And if he shoots nearly 80% from the line, you can't take the hack-a-Shaq approach. And those are pretty monster averages from this summer. I'm thinking if you can get Elbert you take him. And if Bolden wants to come along, you make room. A coach has to win to keep his job. Sorry, _________, but it's just business.

Even though it seems like a bad thing, it's a good problem to have. Replace players with better players.

Well, a big big guy is hard to keep out of point-blank range. And if he shoots nearly 80% from the line, you can't take the hack-a-Shaq approach. And those are pretty monster averages from this summer. I'm thinking if you can get Elbert you take him. And if Bolden wants to come along, you make room. A coach has to win to keep his job. Sorry, _________, but it's just business.

Even though it seems like a bad thing, it's a good problem to have. Replace players with better players.

happens at every major school the country every year.  Its about time it happens at NU for hoops.

This reminds me of the conversation going on with Miles' first recruiting class, when people were concerned with how many guys we'd be taking and what classification they'd enter UNL as. The concern was that if we had too many HS commits (vs JuCos), we wouldn't be able to accept all of those Chicago players that came for an unofficial.

Looking at how that turned out, we might want to pump the brakes just a bit.

This reminds me of the conversation going on with Miles' first recruiting class, when people were concerned with how many guys we'd be taking and what classification they'd enter UNL as. The concern was that if we had too many HS commits (vs JuCos), we wouldn't be able to accept all of those Chicago players that came for an unofficial.

Looking at how that turned out, we might want to pump the brakes just a bit.

when Chin left right away Chicago pretty much became obsolete for NU's chances though too.

Saturday, September 7, at 1:00 p.m., Nebraska volleyball take on Georgia; at 5:00 p.m., Nebraska football takes on Southern Miss.

If I was Tim Miles, I'd be tempted to make sure Elbert sees those really tall girls in spandex before he leaves Lincoln.

Everybody should see them at least once, Norm.

HUBBA HUBBA!!

I keep trying to decide who's the sicker pup on this board, Norm or Cip?  :ph34r:

Oh, that's not even a close call.  For instance, I would NEVER post a video of Cher wearing some sort of thong-type outfit.  Eeeeew.  That which has been seen cannot be unseen.  And that's not an image of Cher I want to have in my memory banks.  Frankly, the less Cher in my memory banks, the better.

On the other hand, who can argue with my observations about good looking volleyball players at Nebraska through the years?

Sick?  I ask you:  My semi-obsession with hot-looking Husker volleyball players?  Or Cip's semi-obsession with Christian Standhardinger's recreational activities? 

There might be a sick puppy in the room but he's not sitting in the chair I currently occupy.

It ain't me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

Well-played on the video, Norm.  Now we await the Standhardinger obsessed Cip weighing in, although it's apparent that guy has the misfortune of having a day job.

And it will be interesting to see if Seaofred votes on this one.......

HB--it's not so much having a day job as it is forgetting we have a recruiting forum...   ;)

Now, as for Mr. Peterson,  "You're a troubled young man, I can tell."   :)

Some of Elbert's high school games are on YouTube. He seems to have all the tools. Haven't seen many kids that size with his skills. One time he drove in all the way from the 3-point line for a layup. Gets up and down the floor fairly well. And he's a much better free-throw shooter than Shaq. 

Would he come in and dominate from day one? No. But with Pitchford, Smith, and Hammond, he wouldn't have to. A couple of years in our strength & conditioning program and he could be an absolute force.