OK, so shiny new arena, practically new team, nearly new coach ...

On a different, but similar, note... quick survey... am I the only Husker fan that absolutely does not like that "Can You Feel It" song? Holy crap that thing is terrible. I think our whole pregame football music selection is embarrassing. 

My personal favorite "Husker" music. Different strokes.

Although, what choices of "Husker music" do we have really? There's not much of a selection. And I totally appreciate that some (most??) people like those songs, which is why I was taking the informal survey to see if I was the only one that disliked both.

I guess I just look at what other schools are doing and it makes me cringe that we're still doing a tunnel walk that we ripped off from the Bulls line-up intro, and play a song that sounds like Christmas music (it's probably those bells) right before kickoff.

Meanwhile...

You've got S Carolina doing "Sandstorm". Admittedly, the song is completely played out. But what they do is pretty friggin hyped-up. And at least the song came out in '99, so they're somewhat modern.

Notre Dame (holding dear all things traditional) play the Dropkick Murphys before kickoff (song came out in '05).

Ohio State plays Skrillex...

Alabama plays Three6 Mafia...

Even Southern Illinois has a relevant/modern pre-game song...

Gee Whiz, now just hold on a second there Charles.

If we mess with the tunnel walk AND go to a different uniform each year... 

There will be rioting in the streets like Lincoln has never seen, maybe even the whole state could burn.

We need to temper things a bit... going all changing things every 25 years or so... next you will want to be making black an OFFICAL color of the uniforms or something as brash.

If we mess with the tunnel walk AND go to a different uniform each year...

Ok. No more messing with the uniform. Let's go back to the '95 uniform and ditch the tunnel walk. All in favor?

Well, since there's not much of a "tunnel" in the new place ... there's not much to ditch.

If I had a vote, I like the drumline from the pep band out there on the floor with the lights turned down and red lights on their drums when our starting lineup is about to be announced.  The drumline comes up with a new beat every year.  They could make up something just for the hoops team.

Drumline was new and fresh and really got the crowd amped, IMO.  Wonder what the players thought of it and if they liked it.  I suspect they did.

And, Chet, thanks for keeping the ideas rolling.  The more brainstorming, the better.

I guess I should be thankful we're not Indiana. There's so much cringe going on here, I'm uncomfortable just watching this. A herd of bison? WTF is that about? Bad song. Bad video. Bad program.

Really?

Teenage Wasteland???

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?  Were they high on the pot or something?

The best part about the cell phone ring tone is that the NCAA would most ikely ban it and then it would aways be known as the.. dare I say "Nebraska Rule" :huh:

We could then say we had a basketball legacy. We'd be known for something. I'll take it!!

But seriously, I wonder what they could do? Disallow all phone use during gameplay? I can't see that happening. And as someone once said "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'". Might as well push the boundaries until someone makes us stop.

Well, since there's not much of a "tunnel" in the new place ... there's not much to ditch.

We were talking about the fooseballs.

And, Chet, thanks for keeping the ideas rolling. The more brainstorming, the better.

Ok, here's something. You know how they do these things at larger venues...

50a8846b2b56d.preview-300.jpg

.. how about making a large sign with a message or picture, made up of many pieces, that the student section puts together during free throws? Of course most of the time this is done in a nice way for someone fans like. I say use this for nefarious purposes. If it were me, I would push the limit and probably suggest that it forms a larger, completely inappropriate sign. Something on the tamer end of this spectrum would be a very large, almost nude, picture of Kate Upton that assembles like Voltron just as the guy is getting into his free throw motions.

It would be like a Mega Bighead.

As far as our tunnel walk goes (I guess since we're now completely off topic here), I don't see why people - read, your typical Husker football fan - insist that somehow Sirius is a "tradition" for NU.

It was a cheap ripoff by a lazy HuskerVision crew to whip something together in '94 (the first time they had replay boards in the stadium).

This tunnel walk production is something that should be updated at least every year, IMO.

I guess to try to bring this back full circle to being back on topic...the hoops intro should also be updated regularly.

The tunnel walk can also be when the basketball team comes out of the "tunnel."  So, I don't consider this to be off-topic and I really appreciate the additional ideas and discussion.  My fear is that we bring the same complacent attitude from Devaney to the new arena with us and we never get rid of it.  We have to figure out a way to parlay this new arena into a new fan type of involvement.  And it can't hurt that we're proposing ideas.  Someone is bound to see it who has a chance to influence the process.

The tunnel walk can also be when the basketball team comes out of the "tunnel."  So, I don't consider this to be off-topic and I really appreciate the additional ideas and discussion.  My fear is that we bring the same complacent attitude from Devaney to the new arena with us and we never get rid of it.  We have to figure out a way to parlay this new arena into a new fan type of involvement.  And it can't hurt that we're proposing ideas.  Someone is bound to see it who has a chance to influence the process.

Does the can you feel it song get played at the men's BBall games ?That could be something that gets played if it isn't used.  When it was first introduced I thought it was lame but as it got played I have grown to like it. I think it gets played at the women's games right at tipoff.

As far as our tunnel walk goes (I guess since we're now completely off topic here), I don't see why people - read, your typical Husker football fan - insist that somehow Sirius is a "tradition" for NU.

It was a cheap ripoff by a lazy HuskerVision crew to whip something together in '94 (the first time they had replay boards in the stadium).

This tunnel walk production is something that should be updated at least every year, IMO.

I guess to try to bring this back full circle to being back on topic...the hoops intro should also be updated regularly.

Completely agree.

The tradition is the players walking down the tunnel to some hype music, us watching it on the video boards, and them pouring out onto the field. I don't know why the song needs to stay affixed to that, and agree that it needs to continuously be updated (it should match the current team... maybe even chosen by them).

I really don't want the basketball program to head into a new arena, pick some lame song, and stick to it for the next 20+ years. That would be unfortunate.

Does the can you feel it song get played at the men's BBall games ?That could be something that gets played if it isn't used.  When it was first introduced I thought it was lame but as it got played I have grown to like it. I think it gets played at the women's games right at tipoff.

You should've trusted your gut instinct on that one.

[OSU Kickoff Video]

I have to admit that one is pretty awesome.

Here are some other songs that would be similar/current...

The college hipsters would probably say these two songs are played-out, as they've been featured on commercials and during other athletic events. But I would settle for either one of them. Besides the first one is called "Higher Ground" and if nothing else, it totally matches the mission of the program right now.

And since they've appeared on national TV (Under Armour and Doritos commercials) maybe it won't be such a shock (to the upper age groups) when either of these come pumping out of the soundsystem before tipoff.

Dimes hit the nail on the head. One of our jobs is to troll the opposing team. We don't spend hours in class Twitter stalking players and making information sheets for no reason. We also have discussed mixing up our noise this year and using less white-noise (OOOOOOOOOOOO) and more chants.

I know there was talk about this last season, but did you guys ever do the "Ball Don't Lie" yell after missed free throws?

tumblr_megz1ca7W81qzfmdho1_400.gif

Giant heads of things you would never expect, signs that make you bust out laughing, essentially, things that you can't ignore.

Big heads...

teen-wolf-teen-wolf-too-double-feature-2

sduw04.jpg

205736_512x288_generated.jpg

Chris-Bosh-champagne-facial.jpg

tumblr_lxv52aiZyR1r68tuho1_400.jpg

forever_alone.jpg

It's been a running joke/bet for years. We'd all take a guess on how many tickets would be unclaimed by the time Conference games started. I won the 2011-2012 bet. I would love to see them oversell by 250-500 and the students that show up early get in. If you don't you're SOL.

C'mon man. You should be putting a foot in these kids' asses.

I did the ball don't lie yell at the women's game all season last year. My wife didn't want to be sitting next to me when a throw was missed. Here is a yell that i'm going to try and get going at the women's games this year the YOU BETCHA cheer after made trey. Matt Coatney the PBP guy for the women uses it on air after a made trey by the women. So I thought I might try and get that going instead of the lame for three cheer that they use now.

Can you feel it was actually a basketball thing first. It started with basketball and football took it because we liked it so much. 

Also, props to S4CS on posting TNGHT. 

I like this S4CS dude.

I mean, who could possibly not like a pre-tipoff song that starts out with a menacing sample from the Godzilla theme, and then proceeds to gently encourage fans to participate in the cheering-on of their team?

I know I would get pretty hyped if the arena lights cut out and the above posted song came on.