Creighton jibber jabber

nebrasketball10

Whether McDermott brought him in or inherited him, I can't see Creighton fans calling Echinique a glorified juco. There's a self-evident difference between jucos and transfers from 4-year schools. The knock on jucos is that they often take a season to get things figured out and then you only have them for one more year after that. A transfer like Echinique spends his redshift/transfer year getting things figured out and then has three years to play. Miles never said anything about transfers in general.

Whether McDermott brought him in or inherited him, I can't see Creighton fans calling Echinique a glorified juco. There's a self-evident difference between jucos and transfers from 4-year schools. The knock on jucos is that they often take a season to get things figured out and then you only have them for one more year after that. A transfer like Echinique spends his redshift/transfer year getting things figured out and then has three years to play. Miles never said anything about transfers in general.

You are absolutely right, calling a transfer a glorified JUCO is silly.

Yeah, well, that one was so self-evident.  Gregory Echinique was a juco, then, huh?

Transfers from 4-year school with three years of eligibility remaining are the same exact thing as junior college transfers.  Same thing.

Except, y'know, different.

McDermott didn't recruit Echinique, nor did he recruit Manigat.  They were both enrolled when he arrived.  

Nope....but he did actively recruit a few Big 10 guards that were transferring from their respective schools.  I'm sure Jays fans considered them JUCO's at the time....lmao!

The whole thing is rather obvious.  They know we are at least a threat to make a lot of progress.  They are super threatened as they know who is boss in this state if both teams are good.  They cannot handle that thought so they try to bad mouth us and our recent problems as much as they possibly can.  Going to be hilarious if we get good and they start to struggle.  Going to have some people lose their minds.  People like double douche/Creighton fan or whatever else he goes by. 

Yeah, well, that one was so self-evident.  Gregory Echinique was a juco, then, huh?

Transfers from 4-year school with three years of eligibility remaining are the same exact thing as junior college transfers.  Same thing.

Except, y'know, different.

McDermott didn't recruit Echinique, nor did he recruit Manigat.  They were both enrolled when he arrived.  

Nope....but he did actively recruit a few Big 10 guards that were transferring from their respective schools.  I'm sure Jays fans considered them JUCO's at the time....lmao!

As I said in the post directly above this one, considering transfers as JUCO's is silly.

OH HO HO!  There's some gold over in that thread at the bju.  (I won't copy any of it over here since that is apparently so offensive) I definitely recommend anyone who is down for a good chuckle to go over and take a look though.

I know the feeling.

Okay quick question. Is Gibbs going to have his undergrad and maybe his Masters when he graduates this spring? Or is he going to have a couple majors?

6 years is a long time to be a full time student. It took me 4 and 1/2 years and I thought that I was never going to be done so 6 would seem like forever.

Exactly Tony! That's why you are so obsessed! Hell you're still quoting Miles from over a year ago. You losers hang on to anything and everything you can get a hold of. No remind me again..how long ago did you say you would stop posting? Just couldn't help yourself. Little bother syndrome. Eats at ya that NU athletics will always be top dog. That's why the poor CU fans cry about the OWH anytime they can get.

Exactly Tony! That's why you are so obsessed! Hell you're still quoting Miles from over a year ago. You losers hang on to anything and everything you can get a hold of. No remind me again..how long ago did you say you would stop posting? Just couldn't help yourself. Little bother syndrome. Eats at ya that NU athletics will always be top dog. That's why the poor CU fans cry about the OWH anytime they can get.

Did Miles really say that!?

After all, you are the only show in the state.

Did Miles really say that!?

You're right. I will go away. That shouldn't have been said about the football game. I just don't like that college football dominates everything else, all year long.I like alot of other sports, also. There are many good stories out there, no matter what the level they play in; and many good teams.I grew up a big Husker football fan and was turned away by all of the media attention and lack of the same for other good sports programs and athletes.

But you are right, and I will fly away. (But, I do hope the basketball program gets turned around.)

Rhetorical Question:  How much should someone be punished for something they said in the past they probably wish they could take back?