2015 SF Edward Morrow - Signed

trickey

What I like about that video is that Ed doesn't bring attention to himself on any of those big dunks he has.  He just goes down court like he has done it before.  I know Miles is big on high character guys, and I think Ed will be.  You don't see him going off on twitter (and in fact I don't even think he does twitter, but could be wrong?). 

I really hope he has a great time this weekend and commits soon after the visit.  Would be such a great get for NU.

Alright guys.  We need to make a decision NOW

30 page curse exists...and in my opinion it's more like a 25+ page curse. 

DO I HAVE YOUR SUPPORT TO BREAK THROUGH THE 34 PAGE MARK TO BREAK THIS OR WHAT?!?!

Tell me what I can do?  

How do we get started to "break the curse"?

What can we, as fans, do?

There must be a roadmap, and I believe that you, a0t0w0 have it.  Will you share?

I will pledge my support to your cause.

I'm always amazed at how long his arms are.  He's 6'7", but after he dunks with his arms extended he hardly has to travel any distance to get back on the floor.  It's like he's touching the rim on his tippy-toes (I know he isn't doing this, but it almost looks like he is). 

Me.

Want.

DO I HAVE YOUR SUPPORT TO BREAK THROUGH THE 34 PAGE MARK TO BREAK THIS OR WHAT?!?!

Tell me what I can do?  

There must be a roadmap, and I believe that you, a0t0w0 have it.  Will you share?

A journey of a thousand Miles begins with a single step.

Tell me what I can do?  

So you're saying a thread of 35 pages begins with a single post?

Tell me what I can do?  

So you're saying a thread of 35 pages begins with a single post?

Yes, and that's a much shorter trip.  We could get there today if we put our minds to it.

Hey, how about that Ed Morrow kid?  I wonder where they'll take him out to eat before the Miami game?

Maybe I'm in the minority but I kind of tire of all the senseless posts that just seek to increase the page count.  I know a select few kind of think it's funny and an on-going joke but it just creates so much clutter.

I have 12,265 posts worth of clutter.  I'm good for it.

Make that 12,266.  Now 12,267.

Ok. I'll try to contribute here an arguably-substantive post on a subject that relates to Edward Morrow in that he visited Iowa last weekend.

Here is a theory on one factor for Tim Miles turning last season's early failures into late season successes, while the Iowa coach turned early season successes into late season failures. Consider this:

1. Tim Miles constantly emphasized that he wanted to hear from players during time outs on what they thought might work, what changes might be effective, etc. Accordingly, time out sessions involved lively discussions among players and coaches alike. Shavon Shields, for example, thrived in this situation and contributed significantly to the team's successes by his in-game input.

2. Conversely, the Iowa coach made it abundantly clear throughout the season that he did NOT want to hear from his players during time outs. Instead, he had his players sit down in their chairs during time outs and mutely watch the coaches as they huddled around the free throw circle and then descended on their players with their coaching instructions. Shavon Shields, for example, would never achieve his greatest value to a team in a situation where his coach-on-the floor input is ignored and rejected.

Ok. I'll try to contribute here an arguably-substantive post on a subject that relates to Edward Morrow in that he visited Iowa last weekend.

Here is a theory on one factor for Tim Miles turning last season's early failures into late season successes, while the Iowa coach turned early season successes into late season failures. Consider this:

1. Tim Miles constantly emphasized that he wanted to hear from players during time outs on what they thought might work, what changes might be effective, etc. Accordingly, time out sessions involved lively discussions among players and coaches alike. Shavon Shields, for example, thrived in this situation and contributed significantly to the team's successes by his in-game input.

2. Conversely, the Iowa coach made it abundantly clear throughout the season that he did NOT want to hear from his players during time outs. Instead, he had his players sit down in their chairs during time outs and mutely watch the coaches as they huddled around the free throw circle and then descended on their players with their coaching instructions. Shavon Shields, for example, would never achieve his greatest value to a team in a situation where his coach-on-the floor input is ignored and rejected.

Swan, thank you SO much for trying to actually keep a thread on TOPIC.  I love this board, but man sometimes I have to read thru 3 pages of 2 or 3 guys chit chatting back and forth with each other and making jokes.  I would assume email would work well for that.

...for years many of us HuskerHoops junkies had few if anyone to joke/pal around with.  The running joke in my office was that there were only two or three Husker basketball fans in the world.  For me, this site provided a sanctuary for Husker basketball discussion and beyond...and at one time there were only a couple handfuls of participants.  During that earlier time period, there were more lows than highs and much of the conversation centered around pro change versus no change.

Now times are much better...we are not "there" yet, but the light that is at the end of the tunnel is no longer a train preparing to run us over. 

So for those of us that like to pal around, joke around, get a bit off topic or chatter just to hear each other chatter...there you go.  If you do not like the station that the TV is on, either change the channel or turn it off.  Same here, if you do not like the direction a topic is going, either attempt to get the topic back on-line (trust me I have tried this, and sometimes it works) or simply ignore the topic. 

Now what were we talking about :):D

I get that people are going to joke around....but the problem is, there may be 1-2 post in the thread that stay on topic that some of us may miss as we have to read through 2-3 pages of "inside jokes". 

I love the fun spirit of the board, but when you get excited to read what you are hoping is some "news" about the topic, only to find pictures and music videos, or guys chit chatting back and forth about nothing to do with the topic at all....Maybe I'm in the minority here, just my $0.02.  Sometimes I feel like its 2-3 best friends chatting away about their lives and their jokes on a Husker basketball board.

I don't really find the joking around excessive or too annoying or anything. I guess it might have something to do with mood or the number of times you're able to check the board. I check it several times per day, and while I do have to scroll some and get the let down feeling when I think there might be news on a topic, and there's not, it's not that big of a deal to me.

I've been here since '05 or so or whenever the board started so a lot of what's going on now is somewhat refreshing compared to some things of the past.

Dictating what people should and should not post is a little unreasonable and takes away a little of the spirit of the board. That's my opinion on this off-topic subtopic of the Ed Morrow thread.

OK, so we've now had more discussion in consecutive posts about whether it's OK to chit-chat and joke around than we've had consecutive posts chit-chatting and joking around.

Shortly before midnight last night, I posted an awesome highlight video of the very kid whom this thread is about and it got none to minimal discussion.

(I checked back through the thread, though, and offer a hat tip to Our Decay (I believe) for posting it around page 15.  I missed it when it was posted, because I had stopped reading this thread, since it didn't appear that there was anything new going on.)

Is that ironic or just coincidental?

...for years many of us HuskerHoops junkies had few if anyone to joke/pal around with.  The running joke in my office was that there were only two or three Husker basketball fans in the world.  For me, this site provided a sanctuary for Husker basketball discussion and beyond...and at one time there were only a couple handfuls of participants.  During that earlier time period, there were more lows than highs and much of the conversation centered around pro change versus no change.

Now times are much better...we are not "there" yet, but the light that is at the end of the tunnel is no longer a train preparing to run us over. 

So for those of us that like to pal around, joke around, get a bit off topic or chatter just to hear each other chatter...there you go.  If you do not like the station that the TV is on, either change the channel or turn it off.  Same here, if you do not like the direction a topic is going, either attempt to get the topic back on-line (trust me I have tried this, and sometimes it works) or simply ignore the topic. 

Now what were we talking about :):D

It's nice to have people start to understand why I care about basketball and the jokes yes do run on, but hell I still read every post. I used to get basketball why do you even care we suck and will win that one big game at home. I now can tell them "hey you're welcome on the bandwagon now, it'll fill up soon so you better hurry."

OK, so we've now had more discussion in consecutive posts about whether it's OK to chit-chat and joke around than we've had consecutive posts chit-chatting and joking around.

Shortly before midnight last night, I posted an awesome highlight video of the very kid whom this thread is about and it got none to minimal discussion.

(I checked back through the thread, though, and offer a hat tip to Our Decay (I believe) for posting it around page 15.  I missed it when it was posted, because I had stopped reading this thread, since it didn't appear that there was anything new going on.)

Or both, now on to ed.. I do wonder where they'll go. I'm sure he has had mistys before.

Or both, now on to ed.. I do wonder where they'll go. I'm sure he has had mistys before.

There probably isn't much they can show him he hasn't already seen.  It's probably more just a matter of enjoying the weekend and hanging out with his (potential) future new teammates...maybe getting a chance to meet AWIII for the first time.  Stuff like that.

Wanna see some impressive film?

Yes, Norm, the video of Edward Morrow is impressive [but your Toy Story item is slightly creepy].

So, what we know from the video is that Ed Morrow dunks two-handed with authority, dunks one-handed in spectacular fashion, handles the ball well in open court, is effective at creating assists off the dribble, is effective on the dribble drive, cannot be contained one-on-one, is elusive and creative underneath, changes direction quickly, is a tenacious rebounder, has high-leaping and spectacular blocks, has great body control in every circumstance, beats everyone down court with his speed, etc.

There probably isn't much they can show him he hasn't already seen.  It's probably more just a matter of enjoying the weekend and hanging out with his (potential) future new teammates...maybe getting a chance to meet AWIII for the first time.  Stuff like that.

I'd bet if they would let him hang out with his dad on Friday night at the '94 National Championship re-union it'd go just as far as to getting a commitment out of him as a trip to Misty's would.