2015 SF Edward Morrow - Signed

trickey

I like our chances against Iowa head to head in this battle.  We have advantages that they don't and we have a lot of positive momentum in the program, they have had some negative momentum recently.

Well, someone forgot to tell Mike Gesell, Adam Woodbury and Trey Dickerson about these advantages.  Am I forgetting anyone else?

I like our chances against Iowa head to head in this battle. We have advantages that they don't and we have a lot of positive momentum in the program, they have had some negative momentum recently.

Well, someone forgot to tell Mike Gesell, Adam Woodbury and Trey Dickerson about these advantages. Am I forgetting anyone else?

Only one of those were recruited by the current staff so not sure why the others matter today.

I like our chances against Iowa head to head in this battle. We have advantages that they don't and we have a lot of positive momentum in the program, they have had some negative momentum recently.

Well, someone forgot to tell Mike Gesell, Adam Woodbury and Trey Dickerson about these advantages. Am I forgetting anyone else?

Only one of those were recruited by the current staff so not sure why the others matter today.

I would agree with you that the Dickerson decision is more relevant than Woodbury or Gesell's.  Mostly because we had a different coach and different facilities when the other two were being recruited.  Still, things like program perception and NCAA tournament bids transcend coaching staffs and facilities.  So while I share Belcher's biased opinion that there is no place like Nebraska, I don't see much evidence that recruits are buying into that yet.

This is just me and it is a gut feeling, but most people in South Sioux City feel more like Iowa people rather than Nebraska people so to me loosing him wasn't really like we lost an instate kid.

I would be bummed if we didn't get Morrow and lost him to Iowa. I wouldn't be as sad if he went anywhere else, okay maybe Minnesota.

This is just me and it is a gut feeling, but most people in South Sioux City feel more like Iowa people rather than Nebraska people so to me loosing him wasn't really like we lost an instate kid.

I would be bummed if we didn't get Morrow and lost him to Iowa. I wouldn't be as sad if he went anywhere else, okay maybe Minnesota.

Agree on all accounts.

Pretty sure we helped Trey with that decision....

I would agree with you that the Dickerson decision is more relevant than Woodbury or Gesell's.  Mostly because we had a different coach and different facilities when the other two were being recruited.  Still, things like program perception and NCAA tournament bids transcend coaching staffs and facilities.  So while I share Belcher's biased opinion that there is no place like Nebraska, I don't see much evidence that recruits are buying into that yet.

I like our chances against Iowa head to head in this battle.  We have advantages that they don't and we have a lot of positive momentum in the program, they have had some negative momentum recently.

Well, someone forgot to tell Mike Gesell, Adam Woodbury and Trey Dickerson about these advantages.  Am I forgetting anyone else?

Two of the main advantages were both of his parents attending school and playing sports at Nebraska and the fact that he lived years of his life in Lincoln.  Those were not present with any of the other players so we didn't have those advantages in their recruitments.

You aren't forgetting anyone who plays on a team that finished ahead of us in the conference.

Getting close for a shut down?

If he doesn't commit while in Iowa you really have to like our chances.

No chance he commits while in Iowa City. He's gonna take his visits.

And he may end up taking more official visits than just to NU and Iowa yet.  It will be a dogfight to get him but think we have as good of shot as anyone.